• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011 edited
    "English"? You're talking to Alan, Thor, wrong word! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    "English"? You're talking to Alan, Thor, wrong word! wink

I know. Bit as it is Thor, who has enough on his plate at the moment to deal with, I thought I would let that go! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011
    Oops....I somehow thought Alan lived in Liverpool. But then the whole Scottish thing came to me. Sorry 'bout that. shame
    I am extremely serious.
  2. smile

Born in Scotland, moved to England but now living in Wales.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...and going down to Liverpool to do nothing.
    All the days of your life.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    smile

I have strong Scottish roots ( Mum's side ) as well as Irish ( Dad's side ) but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1So6ok542jA
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And here I was being sure you'd just be out there, doing..well, yeah.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    And here I was being sure you'd just be out there, doing..well, yeah.

cool applause

Now I couldn't leave here without returning a favour to your good self...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwdM9jw47ms
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

God, that was awful!
    Loved how the drummer looked even less enthused than Charlie Watts on an off day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Do you ever get this feeling?
    I do... there are periods of my life that I do get it big time. With of without reasons. And yet I don't complain... Wasn't it U2 who said that "we need the rain to wash away are bad luck"? I'm just annoyed sometimes of being too responsible, too serious and to damn conscious of everybody else's feeling but mine! Anyways! Enough complains and annoyance for now!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Anyways! Enough complains and annoyance for now!

Why do I get the feeling that really you haven't even started yet? slant
    Mind your energy levels, lass (he spoke from some experience), how can anyone expect you to be there for others if you can't look after yourself???

Well, be assured there's always a listening ear here at any rate.
  3. I need to sort out something on my laptop, all the digital scores and the setup of my anti-virus software. I am doing a scan of my laptop and it has been going on for almost 4 hours! And still only 75% complete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011
    I think Bregt got this emoticon destroy for these kind of situations!
  4. Bregje wrote
    I think Bregt got this emoticon destroy for these kind of situations!

Now that is one I would use!

Tom on the other hand is actually doing that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have to pay more for the paper CD sleeves than the CD. Doesn't make sense to me at all.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Stavroula wrote
    Do you ever get this feeling?
    I do... there are periods of my life that I do get it big time. With of without reasons. And yet I don't complain... Wasn't it U2 who said that "we need the rain to wash away are bad luck"? I'm just annoyed sometimes of being too responsible, too serious and to damn conscious of everybody else's feeling but mine! Anyways! Enough complains and annoyance for now!

Sometimes you need to be selfish. You've got to take care of yourself first or you can't help anyone else.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    smile

And Americans think its all the same. You're going from one state to another
  5. Yes Tom, most Americans do think it is the same...all England!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scotland aka North England biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Scotland? Isn't that that part of the US James Doohan and Mel Gibson come from?
  6. biggrin

I wish my hearing would improve. I was hoping I could avoid a visit to the hospital but this is really frustrating. I don't want to listen to music when I'm like this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Didn't you have your ears syringed, Alan?
    Didn't that help? That IS annoying! sad
  7. No, not yet. I did get some improvement just oiling them. But the last couple of days things have deteriorated again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I think you should not postpone it anymore Alan. Go and get it over with and you will be better!
    I'm on antibiotics again. And inhalants again. slant
    I meant to ask you Alan... are you ok?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Yes Tom, most Americans do think it is the same...all England!

I remember a conversation I had with an American woman and her young daughter, who just walked up to me and started talking to me while I was buying petrol or something like that in Florida. (In my whole life of living in the UK that sort of thing has happened to me about three times, which is as many times as it happens every single time I step into any public place in America.)

She said to her daughter "This man's from England - do you know what countries make up England?"

Daughter remains completely silent.

"OK, I'll tell you, it's England which is the same as Britain, then you have Scotland and Ireland which are in England too. Did you know that?"

Woman, to me: "I try to teach her something every day."
  8. biggrin
  9. Stavroula wrote
    I think you should not postpone it anymore Alan. Go and get it over with and you will be better!
    I'm on antibiotics again. And inhalants again. slant
    I meant to ask you Alan... are you ok?

Thanks for asking. I'm not too bad. Have good days and bad days.

Sorry to hear that you are on medication.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Yes Tom, most Americans do think it is the same...all England!

I remember a conversation I had with an American woman and her young daughter, who just walked up to me and started talking to me while I was buying petrol or something like that in Florida. (In my whole life of living in the UK that sort of thing has happened to me about three times, which is as many times as it happens every single time I step into any public place in America.)

She said to her daughter "This man's from England - do you know what countries make up England?"

"OK, I'll tell you, it's England which is the same as Britain, then you have Scotland and Ireland which are in England too. Did you know that?"

Woman, to me: "I try to teach her something every day."

biggrin

In California we stopped overnight in a motel, upon hearing out English accents a trucker asked if we were from England, yes was the reply to which the trucker said "cool, that's in London, right?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think that's all just bloody surreal... spin
    What do you SAY to people like that?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I think that's all just bloody surreal... spin
    What do you SAY to people like that?

Well, our conversation went a bit further than what I wrote above, along the lines of London being on the East coast of America ( no we say, NOT New England ), we eventually just ended up agreeing with him, it was so much easier than seeing his continually baffled look while we're trying to explain the existence of an ocean called the Atlantic.