• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011 edited
    Had the car serviced and MOT'd today. Only needed a new battery (£75) but it still came to over £350. And I was told that, as the car is past the 100,000 miles/10 years point it is recommended that the cam belt be replaced - another £400+.

I checked with my brother - who is a car mechanic - and he agreed that it would be better to replace it now before it failed. The story of someone whose cam belt failed, causing £1500 damage did convince me.

And I have road tax due at the end of the month!

And what this all boils down to is that any plans for Birmingham next month are firmly out of the window. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
    Sorry to hear that. I guess there are some advantages to not owning a car.

What happened in Birmingham? The Herrmann thing?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. It's a Film Music Festival - details here.

I'd decided that I'd go to the last two concerts: the John Williams one and the other, hosted by Sir Anthony Hopkins.

But, hey ho!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn Alan! Lots of costs you seem to receive these days, it always comes in packs. It's uncool that you have to give up on these concerts because of that. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can't rave enough about my Grado headphones coupled with my Marantz CD player. The smallest detail these can reproduce is incredible.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The bad news is I fear I've got some sort of reaction to one of the medications I'm taking. I have a nice rash on my face, yikes.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011 edited
    I was submitted to the hospital today, and I'm writing this from my hospital bed.

I've never been submitted before, so this is a weird experience. I'll stay here for a couple of days.

On one side of me, a guy is alternatively puking and snoring every 5 minutes. Outside in the corridor, a demented guy has been hollering "Hello!" every five minutes for the last 2 hours. And just now, a guy came in with the ambulance who literally screamed his lungs out. It sounds very dramatic when adult guys yell and shout like that.

I guess it's not something that "annoys" me currently, but it IS weird. It's experiencing the shadow side of life.

Who else have been submitted to a hospital here?

TJ
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I have. Because the car accident I was in was considered "high speed" I was taken to hospital with blue lights flashing. I was rushed straight into A&E like you see on those fly-on-the-wall documentaries. There was so much activity about me even though I felt fine. When they went to cut off my coat I asked that they don't and I took it off myself (not knowing at the time I had broken my sternum).

I do remember there being a whole number of weird shoutings and noises from other cubicles once I had been moved out of the initial resuscitation area. That part of your own experience is familiar to me. Overall, I spent 2-3 nights in hospital.

I hope you get on okay in hospital yourself. Do you have anyone to visit you? Get better soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Touch wood ( puts hand on head ) I've never been submitted to hospital. I'm sure everything will go fine Thor and as I see from the OT thread you have plenty of good listening with you for drowning out Mr "hello" wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't think I have ever seen an album which is not cheaper to download from Amazon than from iTunes. Why does anyone buy anything from iTunes? Is there a difference in quality or something?
  3. iTunes is 256kbps AAC files whereas Amazon is 256kbps mp3 maximum - and frequently much less. Sometimes as low as 150 kbps mp3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    Thor how are you today? I have been submitted when I was younger for a small operation and admittedly it was not the best experience.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    Thor how are you today? I have been submitted when I was younger for a small operation and admittedly it was not the best experience.

Had some interesting tests today. Had a CT, which is this huge, circular machine that scans your insides. The fun thing is that they inject some contrast fluids into you beforehand, and it's like this big rush of warmth that speeds through your body when it takes hold! Weird.

Otherwise, there have been lots of syringes and infusion tubes etc., so I feel a bit like this guy now! smile

A nice surprise was my sister visiting, and she brought comics and candy! Nice girl.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    As some of you know I spent fourteen weeks when I had the stroke as well as numerous visits to the ER.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Same old BS with being dizzy and my legs feeling wobbly.
  4. Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems Tom.

My ear is still all blocked. I still have that lingering cold and it looks like my hearing is affected until the cold clears.

It is putting me off listening to anything.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sinus infection?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I don't think so. I will give it a couple more days before I go to the doctors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011 edited
    Was told today that I most likely have some sort of auto-immune disease, which means that the white blood cells attack your own organs as if they were foreign tissue. That explains why it's the liver, gall bleather, mouth, lungs, digestion etc. all at once.

Will await some further tests (including a claustrophobic MR test), but if that is true, it will result in some SERIOUS changes in my life, whatever type of AID it is.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011
    Crap! You'll keep us updated, of course.

Not fun for you Thor, and not fair either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011 edited
    Will do! I won't start to worry big time untill I have stuff confirmed 100%. But of course, it makes you a little bit worried since these diseases -- which are quite rare -- are often lethal. Even among young people.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Will do! I won't start to worry big time untill I have stuff confirmed 100%. But of course, it makes you a little bit worried since these diseases -- which are quite rare -- are often lethal. Even among young people.

Good attitude Thor! At this point in your life you can take it one day at a time, my friend.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What a shit break, Thor. sad
    I can only echo Tom's sentiment: one day at the time.
    On the -admittedly minor- positive side: at least the beast has a name now.
    I don't know about you, but I generally find at least some solace in certainty (in the sense of definition).

Hey, if we can send you stuff like mix tapes (hee hee, I love how that phrase never got changed since the eighties!) to help you pas the time, let us know!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for the kind offer, Martijn, but between my iTunes collection and various other things, I think I'm set for a rainy day. Will you let you know, though. Remember to change sides after 45 minutes! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I had a few 120's, the problem with those is that they tended to stretch after a few plays making the music distorted, it was only 90's after that wink
  6. Thor wrote
    Was told today that I most likely have some sort of auto-immune disease, which means that the white blood cells attack your own organs as if they were foreign tissue. That explains why it's the liver, gall bleather, mouth, lungs, digestion etc. all at once.

Will await some further tests (including a claustrophobic MR test), but if that is true, it will result in some SERIOUS changes in my life, whatever type of AID it is.

That's crap news, Thor.

Remember, your friends and family can be strong supports at times like these. Don't be afraid to use us/them.

Best wishes to you, Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thor think postitive and don't let it down before you are sure what is really wrong. We are here for you! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I can only second the sentiments above Thor. It's frightening to hear, keep us updated.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Best wishes to you, Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011
    Is there a further update Thor?