• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Is there a further update Thor?

No, not yet. Will have an MR X-ray session on July 7, then some more tests on July 13.

I don't intend to use this site as a blog for my health issues (as that feels a bit ego-centric and very boring to most people), but I'll be sure to update if there's anything important to report.

Thanks for your concern, Tom! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2011
    I for one would not object in the least. You're a long time member and there is a bonding that takes place.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2011
    I totaly agree with Tom, Thor. It's neither boring nor egocentric.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011
    that makes two and I'm sure there are a lot more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011
    +1

Awful to hear about this medical condition, yet as my mother always says, don't worry about anything until you're very sure. It could be lethal in time, but it could also be cured within a matter of weeks - you just don't know it, and especially with those rare things, doctors just know very little about all the possibilities and consequences.

So, take it easy, and wait for the results. And be sure to let us know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    Thor, just read this. My thoughts are with you my friend. Keep us posted please.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. I still have trouble hearing out of one ear. It comes and goes and the moments of better hearing are getting more frequent. I was hoping it would get better by itself but a trip to the doctor may be in order.

I just want to listen to some music the way I used to do!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
    Sounds like you just may need your ear syringed?
    Or is it painful as well?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. No, it is not painful at all. Syringing is probably what I need - and I probably don't even need to see a doctor.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stick some olive oil down your lug.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote

Thank you, Dr Tim! Italian, Spanish or Greek?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Virgin! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Virgin! biggrin

Now you are talking. Just let me go and find one...
  5. Timmer wrote

Olive oil it is then. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011
    We had a major fire less than a mile from where I live and the air which isn't good at all this time of the year anyway is worse than ever.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    Air quality if still pretty bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    No, it is not painful at all. Syringing is probably what I need - and I probably don't even need to see a doctor.

I went to the doctor for this Alan and it made all the difference in the world. The amount of material they were able to extract was significant. I had tried at home with peroxide, olive oil, and an ear syringe and while I did some good it was nothing compared to what the office did.
    Tom smile
  6. You used to be able to have this done at the doctor's surgery. But not anymore. I have to get an appointment at the local cottage hospital.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The ear purging is a process that the nurse will do at a visit to your primary care physician. For once our system seems a little better.
  7. A recent update to Opera Mobile seems to have removed the option of seeing WordPress blogs in mobile format. Now I am seeing my own and Tom's blogs as I would see them on a computer.

There used to be the option in WordPress to view in mobile mode so it may be site related rather than to do with browser. But it is annoying all the same.
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    A recent update to Opera Mobile seems to have removed the option of seeing WordPress blogs in mobile format. Now I am seeing my own and Tom's blogs as I would see them on a computer.

There used to be the option in WordPress to view in mobile mode so it may be site related rather than to do with browser. But it is annoying all the same.

It is mobile browser related. The default phone browser shows an option in blog headers to switch between mobile and full versions. But in Opera Mobile that option is not shown in the blog header.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011
    A mental patient has apparently moved into the apartment below me. He screams, yells, tumbles around, smashes into things and whatnot, and he's been doing it for the last 3-4 weeks. When he's not, he's smoking out of the window (which is right below mine), causing the smoke and the smell to drift into my apartment, which is particularly annoying when you're trying to sleep at 1-2 in the night. Which, incidentally, is also the time he decides to make smelly dinners!

I've never heard or experienced anything like it! It's insane. I could go downstairs and ask him to be quiet, but he doesn't sound very stable. I'm afraid I'll get my lights punched out...or worse.

Fuck this! As if I don't have enough on my mind... crazy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011 edited
    Thor, that situation sounds a bit funny though. wink

Anyhow, today was my most useless day in months. I have to study for an exam, but it's really not going well. Terrible so far, in fact. The weather was nice, so my mind tried to figure out excuses, so I did some chores in the garden, but eventually it all lead back to my the computer again. It annoys the shit out of me. I so don't want to do this exam, and at work I'm also very busy. Bah! slant

It's time for Ubeda and the road trip, and Iceland.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

Yes, it's funny as a story. It's a nightmare when you're actually living it.

Do we have an 'envious' emoticon?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    A mental patient has apparently moved into the apartment below me. He screams, yells, tumbles around, smashes into things and whatnot, and he's been doing it for the last 3-4 weeks. When he's not, he's smoking out of the window (which is right below mine), causing the smoke and the smell to drift into my apartment, which is particularly annoying when you're trying to sleep at 1-2 in the night. Which, incidentally, is also the time he decides to make smelly dinners!

I've never heard or experienced anything like it! It's insane. I could go downstairs and ask him to be quiet, but he doesn't sound very stable. I'm afraid I'll get my lights punched out...or worse.

Fuck this! As if I don't have enough on my mind... crazy

I don't think it's funny, sounds like hell to me. You're right not to confront him but surely there's some authority you can call on?
  9. How did the guy get the apartment anyway? Some sort of care in the community initiative?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    How did the guy get the apartment anyway? Some sort of care in the community initiative?

Beats me. Well, I have a theory. My apartment complex is soon becoming a rental complex, thus forcing me (and others) to move. This is a mutual agreement that comes from the longrunning trial we've been in. This upcoming rental enterprise has already taken over some of the apartments and started renting them out, and since they are associated with the "crooks" we were in trial against, I'm guessing they have pretty low standards for who they rent to.

(sorry about the wrong English words and the awkward sentences here....my English vocabulary is very limited when it comes to business, real estate and law terms).
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Sounds like the sooner you find somewhere better to live the better.

I know it does not serve any practical purpose, but I feel for your position. At this time you certainly don't need any of this shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

Yes, it's funny as a story. It's a nightmare when you're actually living it.

I'm sure it is, I'm not doubting that, and it seems horrible. It was the way you told it. smile I hope you can get that problem out of the way soon, since you have indeed other worries to care about.

Do we have an 'envious' emoticon?

Hehe, add to that Ghent as well!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sounds like the sooner you find somewhere better to live the better.

I know it does not serve any practical purpose, but I feel for your position. At this time you certainly don't need any of this shit.

Yes, I will actually be trying to find another place to live this fall anyway (for other reasons), but it's not something I do with a light heart because I absolutely ADORE my neighbourhood, the most lavish, green, upper-classy street in all of Oslo. We have a huge green garden here too, which would have been perfect for a Norwegian maintitles gathering! wink

Interestingly, the houses across the street look very "English", so you'd feel right at home.
    I am extremely serious.