• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    Southern California makes a big deal about Halloween. Did you expect anything else?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    OK, this goes way, WAY beyond "annoying", as this news item made me absolutely furious.
    Furious.

It's a news item on an old video (2004) of an American dad taking a belt (a BELT!) to his teen age daughter for...downloading music.
    The man is a judge, by the way.
    The daughter has just made the video public.

I can understand parental discipline. I even think you can have a good discussion on the physical side of guidance.
    But this is just sickening to behold.

Warning: Don't watch the video included in the item if you can't handle physical abuse. I made myself watch it to understand the gravity. It is thoroughly disturbing. Especially the participation of the mother and that the moment he (finally) seems to be done...he goes back for some more.

Note: the reason it is filmed is that allegedly the daughter left the web cam running to capture the abuse.
    Why it only came out now is unknown. Being thoroughly weary and mistrustful of any one news source as I generally am, I will therefore make the small proviso that this may still turn out to be manipulation of some kind. I guess we'll see in the very near future as apparently daddy dearest is taking this to court.

This pig is a judge? Fuck me! Makes me want to download the shit out of everything now, its actions like this that are completely unacceptable and don't realize they actually cause the opposite of what they are going for! What a fucking prick.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011 edited
    The mother assists as well?!?!!!!!!! You turn over like a 16 year old and take it like a grown woman! What the fuck is wrong with those friggin rednecks? I really hope the law does something for this abusive prick. Who knows what else the child was going through all these years btw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll be following this one to see how it pans out.
    I'm honestly hoping still it's some sort of sick internet joke.

God knows there's plenty of those.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote

That wouldn't surprise me at all
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and while waiting in line (approx 5 minutes) the man behind me, who was with his wife, never stopped complaining the entire time. He complained about waiting, the way the baskets were stacked, the fact that he couldn't use his credit card (his purchase was under $1.00), the way the clerk looked. I'm glad I don't have to be like that.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, grumpy farts. The world is full of them. They want your attention so the best response and fight back is to completely ignore them.
  1. I was going to complain about my ear becoming blocked again and stopping me from enjoying a whole slew of music that has come my way recently. But I don't think I will.

Having a temporary deficiency in my hearing has given me the opportunity to catch up on a bit of reading.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, grumpy farts. The world is full of them. They want your attention so the best response and fight back is to completely ignore them.

Exactly what I did
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I was going to complain about my ear becoming blocked again and stopping me from enjoying a whole slew of music that has come my way recently. But I don't think I will.

Having a temporary deficiency in my hearing has given me the opportunity to catch up on a bit of reading.

I have a blockage in my left ear now, it's very annoying and making me slightly unbalanced, any suggestions Alan?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Submerge your whole body in a hot tub of water? Might loosen it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Also, I'm not a doctor so it might be a terrible suggestion.
  2. Tim, I bought a eye dropper from the chemists (to use "off label"). Warm up some olive oil (oil-filled dropper bottle in hot water for 5 minutes).

Check oil isn't too hot, then drop oil into ear (tilt head over so oil can get into canal) and try and stay in that position for a few minutes.

Repeat 3-4 times a day for 2-3 days. Blockage should soften and clear naturally.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks Alan, I'll try that.

Oh, and thanks Steven too, I have heard that before.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Martijn wrote

I just saw that video and it's really disturbing. I don't think this is acted. There are some sick people on this planet and this is just one more example. I hope the young woman gets her deserved revenge.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    Martijn wrote
    OK, this goes way, WAY beyond "annoying", as this news item made me absolutely furious.
    Furious.

Had to stop the video. Sad beyond words. How anyone can beat a child like that I'll never be able to understand.

I'm glad it got uploaded so everyone can see what pieces of excrement the parents are. They are probably going through a nightmare right now, and they fully deserve it.

Peter
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Alan I went to my primary physican and had my ears cleaned. Totally amazing how much better I can hear. I tried the olive oil and it didn't work for me.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I ate tooooooooooo much pasta
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's no too much pasta. Nor too much pizza wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

WRONG!

When you're too bloated with pasta or pizza there's no room for BEER.

FACT! slant wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What I didn't say was I also had very rich chocolate cake and ice cream for my birthday after the pasta.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As the dry weather has returned once again I'm itchy again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    What I didn't say was I also had very rich chocolate cake and ice cream for my birthday after the pasta.
    Tom

Yiiiikkkkeeee...I think I've just gained several pounds by merely reading that!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It was delectable for sure
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

WRONG!

FACT! slant wink

Who needs beer when you have pizza or pasta?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

WRONG!

FACT! slant wink

Who needs beer when you have pizza or pasta?!

You were my friend but now I must turn my back on you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011 edited
    Personally, I prefer beer, pizza, pasta AND chocolate cake with ice cream.

Why choose? I LUUUUUUV good stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    all good
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Personally, I prefer beer, pizza, pasta AND chocolate cake with ice cream.

Why choose? I LUUUUUUV good stuff.

Yeah but D said "who needs beer", that is the point.

Thor, could you please cry for me, i find tears difficult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    You made me laugh Tim! Thank you! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...