• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011 edited
    Then he is singing to another since we don't talk on Skype! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011
    Damn here goes my career a match maker.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That actually made me smile a little wistfully. It's been such a long time since I sang.
    Why don't I do it more often?

Because I feel exceedingly selfconscious singing to myself, that's why.

Anyway, my repertoire is so limited as to be nigh non-existent, my guitar is out of tune, and I do not use Skype...so I fear the proposition goes against me. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    We want videos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Believe it or not, but I just tried to record a bit...but the quality (both of the recordnig and my skills) was SO godawfully bad that it simply wasn't shareable, much as I'd like to.

The request was certainly more than worth being filled. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This super was dressed the same way this morning. Temp was in the 50's, raining, wind blowing.
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011
    I want to listen to a decent Mancini compilation but don't own one. Bollocks.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kids!!!! kill

I've just returned from weekend shopping and twice TWICE kids pushed straight in front of me to get served at the counter.

1. Their parent(s) don't say nothing.
    2. The shop assistant don't say nothing.
    3. No please, thank you or excuse me.

The second time it happened I told them ( politely ) to get in the queue, the dozy Dad said nothing but gave me a look that said I was the biggest C*** he'd ever laid eyes on.

Damn! crazy I'm going to have to replay all my youtube clips on the 'what's made your day better' thread just to feel good again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Kids!!!! kill

I've just returned from weekend shopping and twice TWICE kids pushed straight in front of me to get served at the counter.

1. Their parent(s) don't say nothing.
    2. The shop assistant don't say nothing.
    3. No please, thank you or excuse me.

The second time it happened I told them ( politely ) to get in the queue, the dozy Dad said nothing but gave me a look that said I was the biggest C*** he'd ever laid eyes on.

Damn! crazy I'm going to have to replay all my youtube clips on the 'what's made your day better' thread just to feel good again.

Fucking hell! Stuff like that is bloody annoying!

Peter crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It is indeed annoying. That and the constant crying I hear in public spaces (airplanes, shops, cafés etc.). I may sound jaded and cynical, but that's one of the reasons why I have no desire for kids myself. Yeah, yeah....I know it's probably different when it's your own kids and all that, but still.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kids in airplanes = utter living hell
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Kids in airplanes = utter living hell

Especially during take-off and landing. Why can't they understand that they MUST remain restrained for a few minutes?!? Silly kids.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's the stupid parents' fault my friend. My parents had 4 kids and were traveling in planes with us from very early. You couldn't hear a word from us in the plane cause we knew father would smack Our faces bang! If we Dared, Today's overprotective wuss parents are letting their kids shit and walk all over them firstly and then over the rest.
  1. A crying baby can't really be helped sometimes. What I never liked was parents resorting too easily to dummies/pacifiers.

Neither of our children used them, but we did seem to spend a lot of time trying to cheer them up when they did start crying!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When I see the kids acting like that it's the parents I want to slap.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FIREWORKS

Well, they're not overly annoying me but Gomez doesn't like it, next door are letting off very loud ones ( how come they weren't that loud when I was a kid and when it mattered to me? ) so Gomez is sat on my lap, something he rarely does but he wants reassurance that everythings okay. cat
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hehe awesome, they scare our cats shitless too !
  2. This bloody ear of mine. I just can't liwten to music at the moment and enjoy it.

I have modified my PC's balance to compensate a bit but high frequency sound is dulled in the ear so re-balanced music still sounds off.

And I have so much new music I want to listen to.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Damn but that must be irritating Alan. My ear problem is minor in comparison.
  3. It is. I am wondering if the blockage is on the other side of my eardrum. May go to docs for a check on Monday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011
    Today was a shitty day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    What happened D?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    Something happened when he opened Internet Explorer? Did it start playing Paul Haslinger???

Seriously though, I hope it's nothing too bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    For the first time in my life, I've completely lost my voice. I didn't even realise this until I got to work and went over to speak to one of my young padawans only to discover that I couldn't. Needless to say, she found it completely hilarious, as did everyone in the three consecutive meetings I had from 0900-1230. I had a conference call with people in Seattle later in the day which was too important to postpone - by this time I could whisper but no more so agreed with a colleague that he would also dial in and speak on my behalf. He proceeded to take great pleasure in constantly asking me for my opinion throughout the call, just to force me to speak as often as possible.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sorry to hear that, hope you get your voice back soon.
  4. Another hit to the wallet:

"Tax loophole allowing Channel Islands-based firms to ship goods VAT-free to UK to be closed, says Treasury".

If I understand this correctly, all those cheaper Amazon items that would come from Jersey is to become a thing of the past shortly?

crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    For the first time in my life, I've completely lost my voice. I didn't even realise this until I got to work and went over to speak to one of my young padawans only to discover that I couldn't. Needless to say, she found it completely hilarious, as did everyone in the three consecutive meetings I had from 0900-1230. I had a conference call with people in Seattle later in the day which was too important to postpone - by this time I could whisper but no more so agreed with a colleague that he would also dial in and speak on my behalf. He proceeded to take great pleasure in constantly asking me for my opinion throughout the call, just to force me to speak as often as possible.

James, what is it? Have you seen a doctor yet? I had that in 2009 and turns out I had a polyp on my vocal chords that had to be surgically removed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    A cold can do that too. You had a flu or something right James?

Speaking of that, my throat is inflammated again. It comes back once in a while. Now let's hope it won't become infection of the tonsils, which I had several times before and made me very ill with high fever.

If this won't get worse than this, I can still sit up. So I'm hoping this will be it. Hopefully feeling better tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We're very dry today meaning the humidity is under 10%. This always happens when the wind blows from the Mohave Desert.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Minor asthma attack at work. slant The heater was so high I had to open the window.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...