• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    sounds good to me Alan.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. The badger(s) that have been visiting the garden recently has begun to dig up the soil around the base of the feeders. This is beginning to risk the feeders falling over.

Now we need to try and discourage them digging. Curry powder or chilli flakes have been recommended.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The badger(s) that have been visiting the garden recently has begun to dig up the soil around the base of the feeders. This is beginning to risk the feeders falling over.

Now we need to try and discourage them digging. Curry powder or chilli flakes have been recommended.

Domestic badger problems....you're SO living in a different area than me, Alan! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Living in the city one doesn't have to deal with badger problems. Our major issue is the homeless.
    Tom
  2. sdtom wrote
    Living in the city one doesn't have to deal with badger problems. Our major issue is the homeless.
    Tom

To put a positive spin on our predicament, I should be grateful we don't have the homeless digging up our garden.

I don't really mind the badger digging up the garden - it is certainly keeping the area free of weeds - but because it is around the bird feeders I am worried (as I mentioned) that it is going to undermine the feeder and it will topple.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Only a minor irritation: at the moment I only have the connectivity to charge my iPod when it's plugged into the computer. However, when I am finished on the computer and am away from it doing other things the laptop eventually goes into a sort of standby mode. And the iPod is no longer being charged.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011
    What I thought was going to be taken care of with my tooth wasn't. I have to go back tomorrow and then the next day after that. I like my dentist but driving there is a pain. The 10 miles takes 70 minutes.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The badger(s) that have been visiting the garden recently has begun to dig up the soil around the base of the feeders. This is beginning to risk the feeders falling over.

Not sure if I've ever seen a real badger.
  4. I bought some large garden rockery stones yesterday and laid them out around the base of the feeder to try and deter the badger's digging.

So far so good. Though it was a wild night last night (weatherwise) and this may have also put the badger off.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Not sure if I've ever seen a real badger.

Not surprising, they're hardly sociable.

Considering that badgers live in and around Bristol I'd never seen a live one until a couple of years ago at Glastonbury festival ( after nearly everyone had left and it was quiet ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. This Christmas was never going to be easy after mum died, but now my brother has just told me that dad has torn knee ligaments after a fall.

I hope that the tear isn't too bad that any surgery is needed. The problem is that dad probably won't be able to fend for himself if he is not very mobile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    This Christmas was never going to be easy after mum died, but now my brother has just told me that dad has torn knee ligaments after a fall.

I hope that the tear isn't too bad that any surgery is needed. The problem is that dad probably won't be able to fend for himself if he is not very mobile.

Sorry to hear that. He should be up and about in some weeks, though, right?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Hopefully up and about soon. I am not sure how bad the tear is yet. Hopefully I will get a call from my brother when he hears something.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ligaments can be worse than breaking bones, it'll take some time to heal depending on how serious the injury is?

It's not an easy time for you is it Alan, I truly wish you all the best.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Cheers everyone. Arrangements for Christmas were difficult enough before this. Dad doesn't really want to do Christmas this year and my brother and I weren't going to be at the house for Christmas Day.

Dad hates being dependent on people. We need to wait and see what the doctors say about the seriousness of the tear.

And on the subject of Christmas, I could feel myself get a bit choked hearing festive songs in the supermarket. I have already said to Anne that I would prefer a quiet Hogmanay.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I feel and understand your sentiments friend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indeed - it can be a miserable time when you are thinking of loved ones you've lost. Last Christmas was a very rough time for me, coming soon after my mum died, and to be honest I've tried to avoid even thinking about it this year (my sister is still extremely down about it all).

This sounds like the last thing your dad (and you) needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I feel and understand your sentiments friend.

Same here. My mother has said the same thing this year, as her father (my grandfather) passed away in March.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
    I'm still in a lot of discomfort with the root canal. My sinus passages hurt.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
    "ouch" Hope it gets sorted soon Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    I've had root canals before in preparation for a crown but there has never been this much pain before. I guess it is because it is in the front.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's not much between tooth pain and migraine, both are near unbearable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm wondering if the cold I have is making the sinus cavities which were agitated from the root canal even more so.
    Tom
  8. Back at where I used to work, nothing is where I left it.

crazy

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Haha! tongue Good luck with the new old job Alan! wave
  9. kiss

Thanks! I was in two days last week and two this week. Doing the same thing I used to do. Twenty days in total (or until the piece of work is done.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Somehow I feel that this returning to the project is going to lead to something far better.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My tooth finally feels better this morning. Hurrah!!
  10. sdtom wrote
    Somehow I feel that this returning to the project is going to lead to something far better.
    Tom

Maybe. Time will tell, and may raise some difficult choices!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I still feel you did the right thing by not letting your pride get in the way.