• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    Me, my life right now, almost everything. At least my family and I are ok heathwise and I thank God for that.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There is nothing more valuable in life than good health....everything else is manageable.

Here's a hug for you.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thank you Tim! I really needed a hug. And yes, I agree with you. That's why I try to remember not to complain, we have health, we have everything,
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    This Christmas was never going to be easy after mum died, but now my brother has just told me that dad has torn knee ligaments after a fall.

I hope that the tear isn't too bad that any surgery is needed. The problem is that dad probably won't be able to fend for himself if he is not very mobile.

Well, things just go from bad to worse.

Whilst being in hospital the doctors have found that dad has cancer and that it is at an advanced stage they think. He will get some scans to get more information but it seems like it may be either stomach or liver cancer.

Over the next few days we will get an idea of what's going to happen next.

I may just scrub this Christmas completely!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
  2. I am sorry for being full of bad news at the moment!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We're sorry for YOU.
    What a lousy, lousy year. sad

God, Alan. Really. My deepest, sincerest sympathy, and the most fervent wishes for things to turn out in the best way possible.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011 edited
    Damn, that's bad news, Alan. What a weird thing to discover randomly when investigating for other issues (although that's what happened to me and the liver thing too). But if it is indeed cancer, hopefully they've discovered it so early that they can stagger the development. Even if it's advanced.

Keep us updated (if you wish), and my very best wishes!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Cheers everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Damn it! Alan I had to read it twice to realise what you wrote. I'm so sorry. But maybe they will be able to help him and the whole situation will work out fine. I add my wishes to everybody else's here. We are here for you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    wow! Happy christmas Alan slant

What a bloody rotten year for many of us it's been. I hope it turns out to be successfully treatable, my heart goes out to you and yours.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I wish for the best for you and your family, Alan sad
  4. Am in Scotland. We had planned on coming up this weekend to plan what we were all going to do over Christmas and New Year.

But, things the way they are, it is all a bit up in the air.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2011
    This flu this season is a horrible one as I'll start to cough at night and it won't stop.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  5. A minor distraction rather than an annoyance.

Using the internet connection here at work and I believe that it goes via the US. Therefore, BBC News website has adverts! Weird!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
    I'm finally starting to feel better although it is lingering in my system.
    Tom
  6. Suffering a bit from "reviewer's burn out" as I have not done any reviews for the last few days.

Been thinking a bit too as to what the purpose of these reviews actually is and what content they should have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011
    It's good to think about that every now and then. And then perhaps get renewed inspiration!

Sounds the same as preparing lessons actually: constantly keeping in mind what the goal is and how to achieve it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Suffering a bit from "reviewer's burn out" as I have not done any reviews for the last few days.

Been thinking a bit too as to what the purpose of these reviews actually is and what content they should have.

I know the feeling Alan
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011
    Still some pain from the root canal in my mouth except it isn't just in one place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011
    Getting my medication filled is a bit of a challenge these days. Called the pharmacy Wednesday and phoned in a refill for my blood pressure pills. Phoned today and was told the doctor's office didn't respond to the request. Phoned the doctor's office and was told the pharmacy never sent a request. I also requested a 90 day supply instead of 30 but was told that insurance company only permits a month's supply. At this point and time I'm in the medicare coverage gap so I have no insurance. How can it possibly make a difference if I have no insurance? This isn't the first time this has happened. The solution would seem to be change the pharmacy but where I go is a lot less money. What I would pay $9.00 for would cost $50.00 at another pharmacy. Somehow I need to figure this one out as it is aggravating.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Getting my medication filled is a bit of a challenge these days. Called the pharmacy Wednesday and phoned in a refill for my blood pressure pills. Phoned today and was told the doctor's office didn't respond to the request. Phoned the doctor's office and was told the pharmacy never sent a request. I also requested a 90 day supply instead of 30 but was told that insurance company only permits a month's supply. At this point and time I'm in the medicare coverage gap so I have no insurance. How can it possibly make a difference if I have no insurance? This isn't the first time this has happened. The solution would seem to be change the pharmacy but where I go is a lot less money. What I would pay $9.00 for would cost $50.00 at another pharmacy. Somehow I need to figure this one out as it is aggravating.
    Tom

American health care system = dizzy

I'm glad we don't need health insurances here in Norway.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    sdtom wrote
    Still some pain from the root canal in my mouth except it isn't just in one place.

Don't they usually kill the nerve before treating the root canal? My nerve was killed 2 weeks ago, and tomorrow I'll get my root canal treatment (and then hopefully just a cavity on the other side...) and I didn't need any sedative afterwards, just like the last time I had one over a year ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    BobdH wrote
    sdtom wrote

Don't they usually kill the nerve before treating the root canal? My nerve was killed 2 weeks ago, and tomorrow I'll get my root canal treatment (and then hopefully just a cavity on the other side...) and I didn't need any sedative afterwards, just like the last time I had one over a year ago.

I'm not sure what is going on right now. I'm scheduled to have the tooth filled on Wednesday so perhaps that is the area which is still hurting.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2011
    I can't wait until Wednesday to get this dentistry done
  7. sdtom wrote
    BobdH wrote

I'm not sure what is going on right now. I'm scheduled to have the tooth filled on Wednesday so perhaps that is the area which is still hurting.
    Tom

Well, normally they do kill the root, but if you are over sensitive you can still hurt, as I found out when I had my root canal some 5 years ago or so.
    Funny detail I had to had a root canal treatment, because I basically hadn't gone to see the dentist out of aversion for him. Why? Because my previous dentist didn't believe that I was in so much pain (after being sedated) so he would say I was imagining things (lovely thing to hear as a child when they are pulling your teeth (to make more room in your mouth so the braces can do their job and straigthen your damn teeth)).
    Anyway, apparently I do feel the pain (duh) and it's a known state, but only 1 in a 1000 people has it. These are the ones that will still 'feel' pain in a tooth that has been treated for a root canal.

So Tom seems like we're two special people in 2000 or so. Welcome to the club.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    Well as it turned out it was the tooth next to the one that had the root canal. It is still very sensitive this morning but the disinfecting and the filling seems to be an improvement. There is still a possibility that it might also be a candidate for a root canal but the dentist felt confident enough that what he did would clear up the problem.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011 edited
    I've got a real stinker of a cold, running nose, sore throat, sinuses, the works slant

I've taken some strong drugs and am now mostly walking in clouds. angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    Finally got over mine and it was a real tough one this year. Hopefully I'm done for awhile.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I've got a real stinker of a cold, running nose, sore throat, sinuses, the works slant

I've taken some strong drugs and am now mostly walking in clouds. angelic

It's all in my sinuses now. My brain is working in slo-mo. slant