• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2012 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Some of you know how I have complained about the lack of rain this winter which we really need. It has finally arrived and we're looking at days of it just in time for the start of my 15th year as photographer for the Aztecs baseball team. We open this Friday against the University of Washington. Oh well
    Tom

The icy torrents of irony always hit when you aren't watching!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Film music reviewing - and all the attendant discussions.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2012
    cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012
    The central heating system has gone dry, and now it's the weekend and no one to fill up with new oil.

All I have is a small, mobile, electricity-driven oil oven with limited heat production.

Brrrrr....I'm sitting here inside with a jacket. It's gonna be a cold weekend.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice n'toasty here devil

Sounds crap Thor, can't you co-habit with a friend for a couple of day?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Nice n'toasty here devil

Sounds crap Thor, can't you co-habit with a friend for a couple of day?

If it gets colder, I probably will.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012 edited
    Lost my job today. slant
  2. How? Why?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. LSH wrote
    Lost my job today. slant

Damn. Sorry to here that Lee.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    Ow shit man. I'm sorry. What happened?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's crap! Want to share with us Lee?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Today? Just like that? What the hell?
    Man, I am so sorry for you. That is awful.

Or I think it's awful?
    How much of a disaster is it for you, Lee?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear that, Lee. Didn't you work as a bartender or something?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    Hey Lee, sorry to hear that my friend. What happened? Do you have Greek blood ? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Nothing as bad as losing my job, but last night I had a serious tooth ache, this morning the abcess got me running to the dentist. Now still very, very sore... And I'm hoping that this will be the end of it (well kinda, have to go back tomorrow to clean out the abcess again) and I don't need to take any antibiotics...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012
    That's nasty! Left too long and an abcess can be a lot worse than losing a job.

Glad you're sorting it out quickly. hug
  5. The reminder of Jar Jar Binks.

I opened a box of cereal, and a plastic pen with Jar Jar Binks top wraped in plastic is in there.

So, I've decided what to do with it. Who wants to see me film microwaving it?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    shocked
    That is REALLY old cereal!!!

(Or is it to commemorate the 3D smellovision re-issue?)

In all seriousness: much as I'd enjoy the spectacle, I would strongly recommend against microwaving it, unless you enjoy the smell of burnt plastic in your house for DAYS!
  6. Yeah, Dumont Network cereal.

3D crap trinket. I'm going to remove the ink part and microwave it. Open two doors (lovely breeze outside the passed few days) when I'm alone, and maybe set it to the Jar Jar Binks theme.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Nothing as bad as losing my job, but last night I had a serious tooth ache, this morning the abcess got me running to the dentist. Now still very, very sore... And I'm hoping that this will be the end of it (well kinda, have to go back tomorrow to clean out the abcess again) and I don't need to take any antibiotics...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Elin

Hope you get lucky on the tooth. Everyone abcess I ever had involved the root and antibiotics to remove the infection for a root canal. I'm up to 10 of them now.
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    shocked
    That is REALLY old cereal!!!

(Or is it to commemorate the 3D smellovision re-issue?)

In all seriousness: much as I'd enjoy the spectacle, I would strongly recommend against microwaving it, unless you enjoy the smell of burnt plastic in your house for DAYS!

From experience or plain common sense? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Boo!

Microwave the Binks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    LSH wrote
    Lost my job today. slant

It was only confirmed today but yeah, I lost it.

Had a huge dispute with my manager after I heard a rumour that there were plans to down-size the department. Being a 'casual' worker, albeit a committed and hard-working one, I was easily dispensable. She told me I should leave there and then. Bitch.

Not to worry though, I was going to be leaving soon anyway. I'm moving back to London with a good friend of mine in a few weeks time. In fact, I have a few job interviews within the coming week, two of them at Heathrow.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012
    Best wishes Lee, sounds like it could be a good move, I hope so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, indeed. Best wishes on the new "life". Working at Heathrow sounds pretty sweet.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bitch indeed. What's the job/s at heathrow?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Checking hot girls bras for drugs and weapons I expect.
  7. Timmer wrote
    Checking hot girls bras for drugs and weapons I expect.

Or using the X-ray machine & calibrated to just peel off a couple of layers of clothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You guys disturb me.

We should hang out!
  8. Steven wrote
    You guys disturb me.

We should hang out!

Sure. But not with Lee...nor at Heathrow. wink