• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011
    Talk about faceache slant

It feels like someone has filled all my nose and eye passages with polyfilla crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. If it is not one thing it is another!

I think that one of the rear wheel bearings has gone on the car. Will try and get the AA to tow it to the garage tomorrow. The car has done >100k miles so I have done well. But if I had remembered then I would have had them replaced before this!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    If it is not one thing it is another!

I think that one of the rear wheel bearings has gone on the car. Will try and get the AA to tow it to the garage tomorrow. The car has done >100k miles so I have done well. But if I had remembered then I would have had them replaced before this!

Good attitude
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Get well soon Timmer!

I had a flu two weeks ago with a cold and that reminded me of the home made Desperados. I tried it again and something opened up right away!
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks Bregje kiss

It's not so bad now except that my sinuses still feel a bit painful and clogged up.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    If it is not one thing it is another!

The AA could not fix problem but confirmed that wheel bearings had gone on one side. They have towed car to garage and explained issues. Garage will call me tomorrow after inspection with cost of repair.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Have been having blurred vision in left eye for a few days. Opticians think it might be something called "central serous retinopathy". He will set things in motion for hospital appointment to confirm diagnosis and has made an appointment for me to go back and see him in 3 months.

A sign of the state on non-emergency NHS - he said that, in 3 months when I see him again and IF I had been seen by the hospital by then..." Things are not quick when it is not an emergency!

The retinopathy sorts itself out nine times out of ten, so vision should improve eventually (weeks). But at the moment, it is significant impairment, particularly in low light conditions.

Come on, hurry up end of year! I want to start a new year afresh!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2011 edited
    Oh man, Alan, you didn't have it coming this year (is that the right way to say it?). I sincerely hope you can start that year fresh and reloaded, without much worries. And continue that! smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2011
    Oh Alan slant
    I hope it will be gone soon. You can see enough (depth) to drive safely I hope??
  4. Bregje wrote
    Oh Alan slant
    I hope it will be gone soon. You can see enough (depth) to drive safely I hope??

Me too! Luckily, the car is off the road at the moment. But I will get it back tomorrow. Night vision is when it is worst and I am trying to avoid that.
  5. Now with the prospect of dad going into a home (though not a certainty yet) there is the issue of all his savings being gobbled up in care home costs.

It is hard not to make this sound like selfish money-grabbing on my part, but it seems wrong that someone who saves all their life seems to be worse off compared to someone who has not saved at all.
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Now with the prospect of dad going into a home (though not a certainty yet) there is the issue of all his savings being gobbled up in care home costs.

It is hard not to make this sound like selfish money-grabbing on my part, but it seems wrong that someone who saves all their life seems to be worse off compared to someone who has not saved at all.

Alan,

I understand your feeling about it. But the only thing you can do in such a situation is look for a good home (one with caretakers that actually care about the people they tend to) and then just know that your father worked for his money, and he can use it in any way he pleases...
    I'm sure spending it on a home is not the way he would have liked to spend it, but all in all, spend it. Make those last years joyous ones, in the best possible place, with the best possible care.

I know it's not much, but I hope you can have a shift in state of mind, so that you can enjoy those years you still have left together, without resentment about costs and money loss...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  7. "Resentment" is a bit strong for the way I feel.

As far as being the best possible home, I don't think you get value for money in these places. The costs seem very excessive for the level of care that is given. And you always hear of some horror stories coming out of these homes.
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    As far as being the best possible home, I don't think you get value for money in these places. The costs seem very excessive for the level of care that is given. And you always hear of some horror stories coming out of these homes.

I of course can't compare homes in Belgium versus those in the UK, but in Belgium there really are different ones. You have to go and scout them out. You really get a good feel about what is going on in between those walls, just by talking to the elderly present there and the nurses etc...

I wish you for 2012 a good resolution for this situation, although I realise that having to send a parent to a home is never a good reolution.

My thoughts are with you during this difficult period...
  9. I believe dad is a long way from going to a home. He will need home help of some kind I think, but he is not completely dependent upon 24 hour care.

Unless things have changed over the last week or so.
  10. eMusic

This used to be a good site for buying more obscure soundtracks. And sometimes it was very cost-effective since each track worked out at 42p each.

But since their site was upgraded it's been atrocious trying to download anything. Luckily their customer support is reasonably good.

I've just pinged off another email to them trying to get music I have paid for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012
    The outside of the building is being painted at least I think it is. A week ago we were told to remove everything from our balcony and on Monday plastic was put up over my windows and balcony door. Of course that means no fresh air and you can't see out. Not a happy camper at all.
    Tom
  11. I just hope they don't paint over the windows and doors.

I know a couple and the building they live in had its exterior painted. They have a few wild birds that sometimes roost on their window ledges and so bird poo can build up on the ledges. And the cowboy painters the landlords got in just painted right over all the bird crap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012
    I really feel suffocated.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    I'm actually posting from my phone in a club just to tell you all how much I hate clubbing. The reason I'm staying is the same reason anyone that hates clubbing stays.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thank you. Thank you...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hahahaha!!! biggrin

Waste of time, I'd say??
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh no, Bregje. Not at all. Clearly you don't understand man and their priorities! wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm actually posting from my phone in a club just to tell you all how much I hate clubbing. The reason I'm staying is the same reason anyone that hates clubbing stays.

I totally understand you bro.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It worked out in the end. biggrin
  12. I'm trying to write a chapter from my PhD which is stuffed with statistics, and i'm just not really good at it. Not at the doing of the statistics and not at the writing down of them.

In short, statistics annoy me...

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

E.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012 edited
    edit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Result! punk
  13. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Result! punk

Hope I can say the same about my statistics and PhD. Actually, the situation is a bit the same as with Steven and clubbing. I don't like it, but I'm there with a purpose. And i'm hoping for a big pay off in the end.

I'm sure getting this chapter (and then the whole PhD) finished won't feel as good as orgasming, but a girl can dream, no?