• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
    I LOVE clubbing!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I hated it when I was age-appropriate for it. Now I'm too old, I find it all much more enjoyable.
  1. I hate clubbing. The first instinct during a club party is to murder the DJ in cold blood.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I was part of the rave scene in the 90's, so I obviously have some connection there. Even though I don't drink anymore, I still love a good disco or club with some good ol' dancing. Despite my 34 years!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thank God you weren't a Goth too smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Thank God you weren't a Goth too smile

He, he.....no, I'm not, but I'm also into some goth things, like Tim Burton and Rammstein! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012
    Steven wrote
    It worked out in the end. biggrin

I guess this is enough info for men too??

I'm still waiting for the story! Your place or her place?
    No details please. Just if she was nice or just nice enough or not or whatever.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Er, let's just say night clubs have their virtues...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ever the diplomat eh? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012
    A woman that I had been seeing on and off over the past couple of years really took exception to me posting in the sexy babes thread. I tried to explain that my comments had to do with # of posts compared to some film composers but she didn't believe that. She actually went back and read all of the comments and found that I once responded to Stavi about a relationship issue she had at the time. The whole situation made me ill and I told her so. I don't care at this point.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012
    ==============
    warning: techie rant
    ==============

I f*cking HATE CSS

I'm trying to create a web site (business stuff too, although it's pro bono), and while I can understand the appeal of detailing exactly how what should look, I didn't realise I had to define EVERY SINGLE MINUTE DETAIL to make sure my lay-out doesn't get TOTALLY BOLLOCKSED UP).

For example,
    I just want one line -yes, ONE sentence- on ONE page to be aligned to the right.

I CAN'T DO IT!

I'm trying to use the 'align' HTML attribute (would make sense, one might think)...it's DISALLOWED as that VERY HANDY, LOGICAL, AND EMINENTLY SENSIBLE little attribute is no longer properly supported. "Use CSS instead".
    Sure. I'll just create subclasses for EVERY SINGLE EXCEPTION I could POSSIBLE think of MAYBE needing in future and that will make my life SO much easier.

Oh wait.

It won't.

AAARGHHHHHHHH. kill explode wall dalek destroy rip That's my axe right there. mad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    ==============
    ==============

I f*cking HATE CSS

I'm trying to create a web site (business stuff too, although it's pro bono), and while I can understand the appeal of detailing exactly how what should look, I didn't realise I had to define EVERY SINGLE MINUTE DETAIL to make sure my lay-out doesn't get TOTALLY BOLLOCKSED UP).

For example,
    I just want one line -yes, ONE sentence- on ONE page to be aligned to the right.

I CAN'T DO IT!

I'm trying to use the 'align' HTML attribute (would make sense, one might think)...it's DISALLOWED as that VERY HANDY, LOGICAL, AND EMINENTLY SENSIBLE little attribute is no longer properly supported. "Use CSS instead".
    Sure. I'll just create subclasses for EVERY SINGLE EXCEPTION I could POSSIBLE think of MAYBE needing in future and that will make my life SO much easier.

Oh wait.

It won't.

AAARGHHHHHHHH. kill explode wall dalek destroy rip :death: mad

What a bastard! Life is meant to be made easier for us......isn't it?
    wall destroy rip mad
    ^
    nothing to do with your post, i hadn't seen these icons before and wanted to see if they worked for me
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012 edited
    sdtom wrote
    A woman that I had been seeing on and off over the past couple of years really took exception to me posting in the sexy babes thread. I tried to explain that my comments had to do with # of posts compared to some film composers but she didn't believe that. She actually went back and read all of the comments and found that I once responded to Stavi about a relationship issue she had at the time. The whole situation made me ill and I told her so. I don't care at this point.
    Tom

How bizarre that you are spied on like that. And bizarre that she doesn't want you to post in a thread about babes. And bizarre that she gets angry about you posting in it instead of reading what you actually wrote, as your comments were clearly a disapproval of the thread.

I feel your annoyance. To get such personal drama that's based on her spying on you, misunderstanding you and overreacting must be infuriating.

If it were me, I'd be running away from that woman as fast as lightning. I couldn't be involved with someone so distrustful and negative.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012
    Damn Tom, that's an odd turn. I don't understand the conclusion though. Does she understand why you posted in it? Why would she even spy. slant

Martijn wrote
    ==============
    ==============

I f*cking HATE CSS

I'm sorry to hear that. Writing good CSS (or JavaScript or programming) is not easy! You don't need to create classes for every exception. Figure out a smart HTML structure and you can eliminate a lot of the exceptions by using element selectors in CSS, instead of class selectors. If you want help, let me know.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Long story short:

I was having the longdreaded ERCP procedure (to chart the liver problems) on Tuesday morning (a 40-minute session whereby you put a long tube with a camera down your throat, into the innards and further on to the gall bleather), but there were complications, and I literally fainted of insane stomach pains when I got home (worst I've ever had, and I've had a few). Turns out my panchreas had been infected because of the procedure, so I was submitted again, and still am. I'll probably have to stay here over the weekend.

There are a few more dramatic events in the story than that, but I'll leave that for now.

Just in case you wondered why I hadn't concluded the CD giveaway.

The internet connection here at the hospital is non-existant, so I just wanted to chime in while I had the chance.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jesus f*cking Christ. sad

You really are God's whipping boy, aren't you, Thor?
    So VERY sorry to hear of this latest shitty development.
    Hang in there, man.

It's almost worth it for me to take a plane up North to bring you a fruit basket.
    (Fermenting fruits. You know what I mean. christmas_drunk smile)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Goddamnit this is awful..
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Jesus f*cking Christ. sad

You really are God's whipping boy, aren't you, Thor?
    So VERY sorry to hear of this latest shitty development.
    Hang in there, man.

It's almost worth it for me to take a plane up North to bring you a fruit basket.
    (Fermenting fruits. You know what I mean. christmas_drunk smile)

yeah

What crap! I wish you the very best mate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Long story short:

I was having the longdreaded ERCP procedure (to chart the liver problems) on Tuesday morning (a 40-minute session whereby you put a long tube with a camera down your throat, into the innards and further on to the gall bleather), but there were complications, and I literally fainted of insane stomach pains when I got home (worst I've ever had, and I've had a few). Turns out my panchreas had been infected because of the procedure, so I was submitted again, and still am. I'll probably have to stay here over the weekend.

There are a few more dramatic events in the story than that, but I'll leave that for now.

Just in case you wondered why I hadn't concluded the CD giveaway.

The internet connection here at the hospital is non-existant, so I just wanted to chime in while I had the chance.

Sorry to hear about all of this going on. I recently had a friend who went through something similar. He had his gallbladder removed and is doing much better as a result.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    plindboe wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom

How bizarre that you are spied on like that. And bizarre that she doesn't want you to post in a thread about babes. And bizarre that she gets angry about you posting in it instead of reading what you actually wrote, as your comments were clearly a disapproval of the thread.

I feel your annoyance. To get such personal drama that's based on her spying on you, misunderstanding you and overreacting must be infuriating.

If it were me, I'd be running away from that woman as fast as lightning. I couldn't be involved with someone so distrustful and negative.

Peter smile

Agree
    Tom
  2. Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems Thor. Sometimes hospitals can be worse than what people go in for.

I hope that this latest setback is cleared up as soon as possible. Take care.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Damn Thor, I'm so sorry. Best wishes, hope you get better as soon as possible. Come on you viking, hang in there! wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Oh shit, Thor. Sorry to hear that. I hope they'll be able to take care of the infection quickly and easily.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012
    I hope you feel better soon and they fix it and you will be home again feeling fine!! kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012
    A tube inside your throat all the way to your gall bleather? shocked

That is downright freaky. All the best with the recovery Thor. It has to end soon!
    Kazoo
  3. I suppose there's the option of coming at it from the other direction? But then you would be going "against the flow" so to speak.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012 edited
    Thor, I really feel for you. Not that I can relate to your situation in any way whatsoever of course. But I wish you all the best nonetheless - you seem like a genuinely decent and fun guy (even without having met you - though I would like to!).
  4. Hope you get better soon Thor
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012
    keep us posted
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2012
    Some of you know how I have complained about the lack of rain this winter which we really need. It has finally arrived and we're looking at days of it just in time for the start of my 15th year as photographer for the Aztecs baseball team. We open this Friday against the University of Washington. Oh well
    Tom