• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Minor asthma attack at work. slant The heater was so high I had to open the window.

Is it so cold in Sparti that they need to crank up the heat, Stav? confused
    It's almost balmy up here. Lovely post-summer's days.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. F*cking iTunes!
    crazy
    I bought a couple of albums off iTunes earlier. When I tried downloading them I had a warning that there was a problem with the network connection for the downloads that I should cancel the warning then try to download again. This second time went okay.

What had actually happened was that I had inadvertently bought the same things twice. When I was looking at iTunes later I noticed that I had the same set ready for downloading. Looking through iTunes Store's support pages I found out how to question a specific purchase - hoping that as I had not downloaded the files yet maybe I could get a refund. Following the steps I (for some reason) had to log back into my account. On doing this I was reminded that I had some files to download. Okay, I clicked to acknowledge that I did know that. And off iTunes went, downloading the whole bunch of files for me. Again.

At the risk of repeating myself, f*cking iTunes!

The whisky is now going down a treat.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Bregje wrote
    A cold can do that too. You had a flu or something right James?

Indeed. Nothing serious (I hope). I can speak more normally today. Could do with rest - but too busy to have time off work. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Minor asthma attack at work. slant The heater was so high I had to open the window.

Is it so cold in Sparti that they need to crank up the heat, Stav? confused
    It's almost balmy up here. Lovely post-summer's days.

You don't say! 8oC to 9oC with 95% humidity!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    F*cking iTunes!
    crazy
    I bought a couple of albums off iTunes earlier. When I tried downloading them I had a warning that there was a problem with the network connection for the downloads that I should cancel the warning then try to download again. This second time went okay.

What had actually happened was that I had inadvertently bought the same things twice. When I was looking at iTunes later I noticed that I had the same set ready for downloading. Looking through iTunes Store's support pages I found out how to question a specific purchase - hoping that as I had not downloaded the files yet maybe I could get a refund. Following the steps I (for some reason) had to log back into my account. On doing this I was reminded that I had some files to download. Okay, I clicked to acknowledge that I did know that. And off iTunes went, downloading the whole bunch of files for me. Again.

At the risk of repeating myself, f*cking iTunes!

The whisky is now going down a treat.

How much did you end up paying and for which music if i am allowed to ask?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. It was 3 albums by Austin Wintory: The River Why, Majid and Spirit of the Cosmos. Lost about £20 in total.

A similar thing happened the other day but I didn't seem to lose anything.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Does iTunes have hella w and korzeniowkis 'we' yet? Or richter's new score ?
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Does iTunes have hella w and korzeniowkis 'we' yet? Or richter's new score ?

First two are a "no" I think, but I am not sure what you mean by "Richter's new score". The most recent one I can see is Perfect Sense that was released 21st October. Is that the one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Yes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Kids!!!! kill

I've just returned from weekend shopping and twice TWICE kids pushed straight in front of me to get served at the counter.

1. Their parent(s) don't say nothing.
    2. The shop assistant don't say nothing.
    3. No please, thank you or excuse me.

The second time it happened I told them ( politely ) to get in the queue, the dozy Dad said nothing but gave me a look that said I was the biggest C*** he'd ever laid eyes on.

Damn! crazy I'm going to have to replay all my youtube clips on the 'what's made your day better' thread just to feel good again.

^
    I'm about to go out and do weekend shopping

Will I return feeling like THIS?

or...

like THIS?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
    Surely the first clue to your answer is 'weekend shopping'? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It was 3 albums by Austin Wintory: The River Why, Majid and Spirit of the Cosmos. Lost about £20 in total.

A similar thing happened the other day but I didn't seem to lose anything.

Surely you must be able to get a refund. They must be able to see that the same album was downloaded 3 times to the same IP address, which should be an obvious error. Not that I know that much about itunes, but they're a big company and any company worth its salt would refund your money after such an obvious problem.

Please, for the sake of justice, go and find some contact info. Mail them or phone them. Or go to a genius bar and demand a refund. I don't like a company earning money off something like that, as it's basically stealing.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Whether or not, I should buy more CDs since CDs are going extinct. Or to sell my collection while I can get something for it...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  4. Peter, actually finding some contact information took me ages to find. I got an electronic invoice for it the other day and it seemed I was charged only the once.

But these invoices can be slow in arriving so I am currently waiting to see if another one arrives.
  5. I bought a whole bunch of Jeremy Soule game soundtracks several years ago from directsong.com. At that time DRM was a big thing and I found that I was very limited in what I could do with them.

I have them all on my external hard disc and I am wondering whether I can still play them. If I cannot, what can I do to play them? They were purchased when I had my old PC and I am wondering if a license or something may have been put somewhere other than the folder with the tracks.

I need to go and see if I can play them...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Peter, actually finding some contact information took me ages to find. I got an electronic invoice for it the other day and it seemed I was charged only the once.

But these invoices can be slow in arriving so I am currently waiting to see if another one arrives.

Hopefully it's just a simple case of re-downloading what you'd already purchased rather than re-purchasing what you'd already downloaded. Your iTunes account keeps track of what you've purchased, be it music or apps, and you can download them as many times as you want without being charged again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011 edited
    Not the fact that we can usually get a broadband download speed of 6300 kbps, but upload speed is only 360 kbps.

crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011
    I had ordered a ticket for the STAR WARS live concert with the Oslo Philharmonic in January when I was just told by the editors in Montages that they want me to cover Tromsø International Film Festival, which happens to collide with that concert!

Dammit!

The festival in Tromsø is a more attractive prospect (I've never been there before, and everything is covered), but it annoys me that I had just ordered a $50 ticket!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011
    It should be easy to sell? Or not?

What is annoying me? Minor annoyance, but our wireless thing is not working OK, so I play iTunes on the laptop and should hear it through the sound system, but the connect.........ion is n............ot good so th..........er.........e are int...........errupt............ions of s.............ilence all th.........e time............ '
    slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011 edited
    ]Bregje wrote
    It should be easy to sell? Or not?

Hopefully!

What is annoying me? Minor annoyance, but our wireless thing is not working OK, so I play iTunes on the laptop and should hear it through the sound system, but the connect.........ion is n............ot good so th..........er.........e are int...........errupt............ions of s.............ilence all th.........e time............ '
    slant

Now THAT is annoying!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My gf recently let her mother look at the pictures on her computer, and of course she accidentally ended up seeing a photo of me in my tight boxer briefs. Apparently she laughed out loud, which I'm frankly a bit concerned about.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Sorry Peter, but reading your post, made me laugh too. shame
    I'm sure she didn't laugh at you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    This belongs here rather than in the book topic where I posted it:

We have a TV show now on the commercial channel which probably looks like an informative program to many people but it is made by the medical institute Bergman Clinics, arrrrgh, drives me nuts this kind of stuff. You have too much hair, go to Bergman Clinics, you have no hair, go to Bergman Clinics, your toes too short, your lips too long (all of them!), legs not good, teeth not good, eyes not good, let's fix it! They make it look like there are real doctors talking. I believe they are real doctors though, but doctors who work for Bergman Clinics!!

OK, some people really do have a medical problem. A medical problem. But most of it is easthetical crap.

Oh, and their slogan is 'Bergman Clinics - makes people better' rolleyes

You should know that in Dutch better means also cured, like when you're not ill anymore you are better too. (wait it's the same in English right?)

Anyway, make people better, arrrggggghhh, horrible! Of course we are not good enough yet, we need Bergman to make us better people.
    angry
  6. Does it not say anywhere that these are, in essence, advertisements?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Good question. I don't know exactly how they 'warn' for it, but I do know for sure there is a 'this program is sponsord by...' before it starts.

I know, almost every show on the commercial channel is sponsord by something, but this is different. I mean, even the weather is sponsored, but that doesn't mean the sponsoring company decides what weather it will be!!

What happens here is that the program itself is the advertisement, as you say. I know this isn't new and it is commercial TV, but I was never bothered much by commercial TV. It was mostly the commercial breaks that were annoying but the programs were still programs. Now programs become huge ads, and it's annoying.

Quinn and I watch a daily soap that says 'this program contains product placement' and then you see everyone in almost every scene eating that candy or yoghurt or whatever. We always laugh hard about it, although it is kind of sad. I'm sure they even rewrite some scenes so they can take place near a fridge or something, ha!

But this program about looks, about what humanity is... it worries me. The idea of beauty has been changing for many years now but it's getting worse and surgery and medication is getting more common. If I were a surgeon I would go to countries were people have a hard life because of some condition and fix that! These things here are not real problems.
    sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Bregje wrote
    Sorry Peter, but reading your post, made me laugh too. shame

Hehe. smile

Bregje wrote
    I'm sure she didn't laugh at you?

That's what I tell myself. smile

I think she laughed because it was so unexpected and because my gf got super embarrassed.

The other day she was at a course to learn how to use Facebook and her teacher saw a message I had sent her where I, ehm, complimented the spherical shapes of a couple of her frontal features, and her face turned all red. She also once sent a rather raunchy Skype message (another frontal feature compliment), intended for me, to a 77 year old lady she knows.

These kinds of things always happen to her, because she has absolutely no control over her computer.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Bregje wrote
    This belongs here rather than in the book topic where I posted it:

We have a TV show now on the commercial channel which probably looks like an informative program to many people but it is made by the medical institute Bergman Clinics, arrrrgh, drives me nuts this kind of stuff. You have too much hair, go to Bergman Clinics, you have no hair, go to Bergman Clinics, your toes too short, your lips too long (all of them!), legs not good, teeth not good, eyes not good, let's fix it! They make it look like there are real doctors talking. I believe they are real doctors though, but doctors who work for Bergman Clinics!!

OK, some people really do have a medical problem. A medical problem. But most of it is easthetical crap.

Oh, and their slogan is 'Bergman Clinics - makes people better' rolleyes

You should know that in Dutch better means also cured, like when you're not ill anymore you are better too. (wait it's the same in English right?)

Anyway, make people better, arrrggggghhh, horrible! Of course we are not good enough yet, we need Bergman to make us better people.
    angry

I hear ya! There are few things more annoying than deceptive commercials, and let's be honest, 99% of commercials are deceptive.

Would be nice to see a commercial that say "This is toothpaste X. It's just as good as any other toothpaste, but we made this commercial in the hopes that you will buy our brand anyway. But really, they all basically do the same thing".

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Exactly, if there is toothpaste for strong teeth, toothpaste for white teeth and toothpaste for sensitive teeth... why not put it all together and call it: toothpaste!

I mean we want all these things right? Why make so many different ones... it's ridiculous.
    biggrin <-- white teeth

Our dentist always told us to buy the cheapest one but take good care of brushing the right way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    plindboe wrote
    I hear ya! There are few things more annoying than deceptive commercials, and let's be honest, 99% of commercials are deceptive.

Would be nice to see a commercial that say "This is toothpaste X. It's just as good as any other toothpaste, but we made this commercial in the hopes that you will buy our brand anyway. But really, they all basically do the same thing".

Peter slant

This reminds me: did you see the movie The Invention of Lying? It started nice and got really weird and horrible as it went along I thought, but since lies do niet exist in this movie, the 'commercials' are very funny.

At one point a truck passes that says "Pepsi. For when they have no Coca Cola" applause
    There's also this honest Coca Cola commercial where they do explain what's in it. I thought that was the best part of the movie. Oh yeah, also what was on the building of the home for the elderly. Too honest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Looking some clips back from that movie, there were more good parts than I remembered!
    Still, somewhere near the end I didn't enjoy it anymore... Some good ideas in there, but it could have been a better movie.

Here is the coke clip by the way:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhtTU-guW60