• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012
    When I thought I'd found a way to keep on the baseball without advertising (game tracker) I was wrong there are annoying ads. The radio broadcast can easily have a couple of hundred, yikes.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. It's not at all important in the grand scheme of things, but I am finding my inability to upload album artwork at last.fm to be very annoying.

Whilst listening to tracks using iTunes I like to scrobble them on last.fm and I always like to add artwork to albums that don't have the appropriate artwork - which surprisingly happens quite a lot (as does last.fm not even recognising some albums). But, last.fm hasn't been taking images for a few days now and, looking at the relevant forums, it's an issue that's been happening for a while with little sign of any resolution to the problem being found.

As I said, it's not really that important but it is annoying.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012
    Because I live close to the Pacific ocean I've been having an issue with the staples rusting in my CD booklets. I've slowly been replacing them with a better quality staple but this is a bit of work.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Your CDs are submerged in water??? shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The crisp, good old sea air Gilles, the sea air. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. sdtom wrote
    Because I live close to the Pacific ocean I've been having an issue with the staples rusting in my CD booklets. I've slowly been replacing them with a better quality staple but this is a bit of work.
    Tom

I have been doing a bit of reading around and, although there doesn't seem to be much info on the rusting of staples and how it affects CDs (it seems to be mostly comic book types worrying about the value of their comics when the staples begin to rust), I'd imagine that the main problem is discolouration of the booklets.

Though I would imagine that there could be a very small risk of small flecks of rust getting onto your CDs and either affect playing of CD or maybe even be transferred to the inside of your player when contaminated CDs are inserted.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm fat again (after summer weeks with drinking and binging). This annoys me.

Need to tiden up the body for the US trip at least a little bit. 7 weeks to go.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Because you are not going to put on any weight on a trip to the US are you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Because you are not going to put on any weight on a trip to the US are you!

Good point. But then it's all the more crucial to have a good point-of-departure. I don't expect the food to be particularly healthy, but I have a very busy program that also includes hiking and whatnot, so hopefully that will....uhm, weigh up for it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    I've got one! So I usually get a ride to and from work, but my girlfriend is visiting family in New York this week. So bus to work, and I figured I'd walk home because I need the exercise (it's about 3 miles, and I *should* be walking it every day). There's a nice trail along one of the rivers that takes me to a bridge, which will get me about 6 blocks from my house (the 31st Street Bridge). They've been doing construction, but the pedestrian walkways have been open all year. Well, no longer, which I there were no signs to indicate until you made it TO the bridge. There was a "pedestrian detour" sign, so I thought, follow that and it'll get me across the river. It took me to a small island, all the way around the island, and then back to where I started.

I'm out of shape, so at this point I'm beat. The options are go back to the 16th street bridge, or forward to the 40th (I live near 34th). I have no idea if pedestrians can get on the 40th street bridge or not, but I press on. It turns out you can...but there's a fairly long loop to get from the trail up to the bridge level. Not to mention the VERY steep Pittsburgh hill on the other side of 40th, to get up to the street I live on. Including my unplanned tour of the island, my 3 mile walk turned into a 6 mile walk. Not bad (and when I was in shape, I wouldn't have thought twice about it), but when you aren't prepared for it...

So what's annoying me is the lack of proper warning from the construction crew, and detours that don't actually get you where you are going. But, glass half full, I got a hell of a workout and now I know not to walk the route I usually do.
  5. Well Josh,
    My first reaction is: you are not allowed to nag about walking long distances on this board, as our 'God' is hiking miles and miles on end in Iceland.
    But that being said, I hope you came prepared as in, you had something to drink with you, and you had on some sort of comfortable shoes.
    Otherwise, ouch...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    Oh, your first reaction is totally fair. I am not a walker in that class, respect those who are, and wish I could be in Iceland doing the same (and that I could keep up!) Not complaining about the walk so much as the lack of signs and the misleading signs.
    But, yeah, had the water, but the shoes, well, not so much (good enough for a 3 mile walk, less so for 6). Blistered feet I am not happy with. Sore legs are my own fault for getting so out of shape, so can't complain too much about that smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    first world problems
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's what this thread is for, D.!
    Global Catastrophes we post in another thread. smile

(And yeah, a two-hour walk where you had expected a 45 minute one, due to incorrect/lazy signing is DEFINITELY an annoyance worthy of note!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    My first reaction is: you are not allowed to nag about walking long distances on this board, as our 'God' is hiking miles and miles on end in Iceland.

...which pretty much only goes to prove Hitchens' point "God Is Not Great", and mine: "...and a bit of a freak to boot". wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Sometimes I get annoyed with myself.

I like order and this can give myself a bit extra work.

When I get a score (digital or CD) what I tend to do is gather all the digital (or digitised) tracks together on a couple of external hard drives for storage and easy access. I make sure that they are all tagged the way I want them - and this includes sourcing artwork from various online sources and standardising the artwork in terms of cover size and resolution. I try to minimise the size of this artwork so that it is small enough to look okay when played on iTunes and from my iPod.

Unfortunately, the other day I noticed that some of the older artwork I had wasn't standardised to my "default specifications" - maybe even the artwork wasn't quite square (if is needed to be). This could mean that there was as little as 1% difference between the edges that threw off the squareness.

And just knowing that I had artwork on my laptop that wasn't all formatted the same just festered at the back of my mind. And now, after having checked through all 4,230 pieces of artwork I can now sleep soundly in the knowledge that I have this artwork the way I want it.

Now all I need do is go through all my digitised albums making sure that all the tags are okay and replace the artwork with the newly finished and formatted artwork.

Sometimes I just annoy myself.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    Martijn wrote
    That's what this thread is for, D.!
    Global Catastrophes we post in another thread. smile

(And yeah, a two-hour walk where you had expected a 45 minute one, due to incorrect/lazy signing is DEFINITELY an annoyance worthy of note!)

I once ripped a Lonely Planet book to shreds because of it's useless ( and darn right dangerous ) hiking information regarding the volcanic paradise of Reunion.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2012
    Had a nice evening at a friend's place, and when I was about to take my bicycle out of the rack to return home, it fell over and ruined the front brakes. I had to bike home with only the back brakes. Now I most likely have to pay for repairs in order to use it. So unnecessary and so pointless.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2012
    I'm also annoyed by Russia and China and that they keep vetoing a UN resolution for Syria, but that's in a slightly different territory than my broken bike.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012
    Chick-Fil-A. Not because of their bigoted policies but because of their stupid, stupid name.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Chick-what?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A chain of chicken fast food restaurants in the US. Like KFC, I guess. Owned and operated by far-right Christian extremists if I am to believe posts by various American friends on Facebook in recent days. (It turned out that they have been making donations to various anti-gay groups over the last few years. They don't allow people who've been divorced to have a job there, or something like that. Various other nutty activities.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    A chain of chicken fast food restaurants in the US. Like KFC, I guess. Owned and operated by far-right Christian extremists if I am to believe posts by various American friends on Facebook in recent days. (It turned out that they have been making donations to various anti-gay groups over the last few years. They don't allow people who've been divorced to have a job there, or something like that. Various other nutty activities.)

Only in America.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Jon, an 'American friend'?! I know he says 'mom' but even so!

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I also say "mom" - which seems to be a very localised West Midlands phenomenon in this country.
  8. Southall wrote
    I also say "mom" - which seems to be a very localised West Midlands phenomenon in this country.

Struth! It is weird that a phrase linked with one geographical location can crop up elsewhere!
  9. Somebody stole my garbage container today.
    Not really sure why somebody would want to steal it. Everybody receives one in my city.

Anyway, I need to get a new one now...

Admin issues, here I come...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Somebody stole my garbage container today.
    Not really sure why somebody would want to steal it. Everybody receives one in my city.

Anyway, I need to get a new one now...

Admin issues, here I come...

Sorry to hear that, but it's kinda funny. Someone intending to make a tin man costume for future burglaries?
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Sorry to hear that, but it's kinda funny. Someone intending to make a tin man costume for future burglaries?

Well, unless somebody is going to make something for their chihuahua, I don't think my dumpster will be of any help. As I'm a single person, I only have a little one (40L) and it's in plastic.