• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009
    I like this movie "American Beauty" very much. Because of good characterization, acting, cinematography, music , editing and importantly, direction. All are good.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    I recently purchased 3 DVDs for just Rs.499/- they are as follows:

UNDER SIEGE 2

FREE WILLY

THE EXORCIST: THE HERETIC ( i read lot of negative reviews about this movie but i am yet to see this movie )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote

UNDER SIEGE 2

FREE WILLY

THE EXORCIST: THE HERETIC ( i read lot of negative reviews about this movie but i am yet to see this movie )

For a moment, I got the titles mixed up there and saw FREE WILLY: THE HERETIC. Now THAT's a film I'd like to see. biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Sunil wrote

UNDER SIEGE 2

FREE WILLY

For a moment, I got the titles mixed up there and saw FREE WILLY: THE HERETIC. Now THAT's a film I'd like to see. biggrin

Imagine Willy violating sacred places, churches and icons, and chopping heads with a heavy metal background! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    For a moment, I got the titles mixed up there and saw FREE WILLY: THE HERETIC. Now THAT's a film I'd like to see.

lol by the way, Thor, have you seen the movie The Exorcist: The Heretic? If yes, how is the movie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    For a moment, I got the titles mixed up there and saw FREE WILLY: THE HERETIC. Now THAT's a film I'd like to see.

lol by the way, Thor, have you seen the movie The Exorcist: The Heretic? If yes, how is the movie?

Yeah, I saw it many years ago. Can't remember much of it, I'm afraid. It's really only the classic first film that is ingrained in my mind.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I barely remember it except that there's a scene with a more mature Linda Blair in a see-through top lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    lol You could be the PLAYBOY.
  1. I went a bit crazy today, but I couldn't help myself

- Signs (Blu-Ray)
    - Eragon (Blu-Ray)
    - Face/Off (Blu-Ray)
    - The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-Ray)

Despite what some people will say, I enjoyed all movies (one more than the other smile ) and I purchased this because they received excellent ratings on the video and audio as well. Ps bro, all 4 DTS punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    Good collections, indeed! applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I went a bit crazy today, but I couldn't help myself

- Signs (Blu-Ray)
    - Eragon (Blu-Ray)
    - Face/Off (Blu-Ray)
    - The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-Ray)

Despite what some people will say, I enjoyed all movies (one more than the other smile ) and I purchased this because they received excellent ratings on the video and audio as well. Ps bro, all 4 DTS punk

You are right, you are crazy !!!! crazy

If I don't watch out, you'll pass me by with the blu collecting. This will not stand !!!!

And don't come with this DTS crap, DTS HD is the way to go bud. Don't ever confuse the two again... wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    THE EXORCIST

At last, i bought this horror flick on DVD. According to me, this is genuine horror film ever made by Hollywood. I have seen so many horror movies, which eventually made me laugh rather than get scared by those movies. But this one is quite exceptional. I bought this movie last night and watched it on same night, still its frightening me. What i like in this movie, without score or any groundbreaking sound effects, they just scared me out of hell. Of course, all credits goes to make up person who did a excellent job. And also to director and cast & crew.

But i am slightly disappointed with DVD because i was under impression that they would have included scenes like infamous spider walk scene, which i saw on TV. However, later on, i discovered that those scenes are included only in director's cut version. Mine is special edition. I have noticed that there were minor cuts done in my DVD. I don't know why, especially possessed Regan pukes on Priests Karras and Father Merrin and also some dialogues were muted. Due to the reasons, i am not satisfied with DVD presentation. But you can't find fault with film. This one is greatest film ever made by Hollywood. In fact, if you compare this movie with present days movies, just nothing. Nowadays, Hollywood filmmakers are running out of ideas, they themselves don't know what to make. The Exorcist will remain greatest film from this generation to next generation and next...

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, it's a classic. Curiously, though, it wasn't well received at the time (by the critics, anyway, the audiences flocked to see it!), but has received its iconic status in the years since.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Shame on Critics. Sometimes, i don't read reviews because it just makes me sick. That, too, i never ever listen to critics. Critics sucks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009
    STAR TREK (2009)

Is it really worth buying this DVD? i haven't seen this film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, it's the most enjoyable Trek since The Undiscovered Country for me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote

really, I would say First Contact
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh yeah. True.
    I actually did like that one! (The only Next Generation film that was worth a second look).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I've got a soft spot for Generations as well, I like it as much as First Contact though for different reasons.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ugh. I really disliked Generations.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    STAR TREK (2009)

Is it really worth buying this DVD? i haven't seen this film.

I thought it was excellent! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote

Easily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Apart from the story and a bit of miscasting in the form of Simon Pegg, I too thought it was excellent. Chris Pine is stupendously likable as a young Kirk!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Apart from the story and a bit of miscasting in the form of Simon Pegg, I too thought it was excellent. Chris Pine is stupendously likable as a young Kirk!

He wouldn't have been my choice but Pegg was okay. And a definite big YES to Chris Pine who made a believable young Kirk without resorting to apeing Shatnerisms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

He wouldn't have been my choice but Pegg was okay. And a definite big YES to Chris Pine who made a believable young Kirk without resorting to apeing Shatnerisms.

So we don't get to see Pine fight like Shatner? What a shame. shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    Movies :

- Soldaat van Oranje (Soldier of Orange)
    - V For Vendetta (Collector's Edition)
    - The Matrix Trilogy
    - The Snow Walker
    - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Concerts :

Shania Twain - Up ! Close & Personal
    Shania Twain - The Specials
    Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Tour Live In Toronto
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    FREQUENCY

I like this sci-fi thriller. Nice imagination and good story telling. Moreover, score by Michael Kamen is great.

I really enjoyed it. Cast is great. Kamen is top notch. I love this score.
    The ending... God awful. haha
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I collect DVD's, so have too many. haha

I keep up with all the upcoming Blu-rays being released.
    I'm looking forward to The Mask of Zorro on Dec. 1st.
    I'm a sucker for swashbuckling movies.
    Except those god awful modern ones about pirates. wink
  4. For about 15 Euro's I purchased:

- The Longest Yard (I'm a sucker for sports movies and this one is funny too)
    - The Marine (fun over exaggerated action movie)
    - Equilibrium Limited Edition (nothing limited about it, just a steel box on the outside because there are no extras)

District 9 bro will be for later, when it's a little cheaper smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010 edited
    - The Host (A great Korean horror film , it surprised me pleasantly)
    - Planet Terror (Over the top horror , but great fun ! And Rose McGowan is yummy !)
    - Evil Dead (Who doesn't know this one ?! Get that chainsaw ready ! lol)
    - Evil Dead II : Dead By Dawn (Great fun and "Groovy" !)
    - Army Of Darkness aka Evil Dead III (Yet more fun and a great score to boot !)
    - Star Trek Generations (Kirk & Picard in one movie ! Yeah baby !)
    - Star Trek First Contact (The best next gen movie in my opinion !)
    - Star Trek Insurrection (Didn't like it when I saw it all those years ago at the cinema .
    On second viewing - it isn't actually that bad ...)
    - Star Trek Nemesis (Some great scenes in this one , it's very dark in tone ...)
    - Doctor Who - Complete Series 2 (As a new Who nut , an essential buy !)
    - Doctor Who - Complete Series 3 (As another new Who nut , an essential buy !) biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"