• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013
    Since we recently discussed gun control in the US and I just stumbled upon an excellent and thought-provoking article by Sam Harris, I thought I'd share it here-> http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the- … of-the-gun

He attacks many positions of both the left and the right as being untenable, and makes several points that shows the complexity of the issue rather well.

Peter smile
  1. A transatlantic free trade zone is about to be negotiated between the EU and the US. That would meen no taxes on CDs od DVDs coming over the big pond any more. Happened to me three or four times.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Captain Future wrote
    A transatlantic free trade zone is about to be negotiated between the EU and the US. That would meen no taxes on CDs od DVDs coming over the big pond any more. Happened to me three or four times.

Volker

Interesting!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21439945

However, this comment - "It is not clear how long the talks will take, but similar trade deals have involved years of negotiations" - makes me not want to hold my breath for a deal!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013 edited
    Meteors strike Russia...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21468116

...it's war of the worlds man, I tellz ya.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Anyone Roman Catholic around here? Or has a Lutheran agnostic to anounce the new Pontifex to the score collecting world?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013
    The new pope looks fine and dandy, but why can't they choose a younger and more liberal one?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's a hardline Jesuit, mordically against same-sex marriage, euthanasia and abortion.

Habemus faeces similares.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Well, he is associated with Liberation Theology, so mabe that's a good sign. The Roman church has become less European tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's not necessarily a good thing: most of the Roman-Catholic hardliners are from South America and Africa.
    I'm not optimistic about any more liberal course any time soon.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm comforted by the thought that there is (probably) a universe out there where the Vatican city is full of libraries, hospitals, schools and museums as opposed to old men with silly beliefs and hats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's almost enough to make you want to play The Bible by Hans Zimmer etc. Oh no, wait, it isn't.
  5. You know - they can do whatever they please as long as everybody makes a clear distinction between a clerical sacrament and civil marriage according to secular law.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013 edited
    HE IS THE FIRST POPE WITH THE NAME FRANSCISCUS!(oo!!! shocked

POPEGASM NOW! ROLFLOL!!!3!!
    Kazoo
  6. Steven wrote
    I'm comforted by the thought that there is (probably) a universe out there where the Vatican city is full of libraries, hospitals, schools and museums as opposed to old men with silly beliefs and hats.

Actually, the Vatican Library is one of the best-equipped libraries in the world...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Then we live in a marginally better universe than the worst of all possible universes. But at least we have beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013 edited
    God bless Pope Hadfield I.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013
    Steven wrote
    God bless Pope Hadfield I.

indeed! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    It's almost enough to make you want to play The Bible by Hans Zimmer etc. Oh no, wait, it isn't.

dizzy lol dizzy
  7. Steven wrote
    Then we live in a marginally better universe than the worst of all possible universes. But at least we have beer.

Just imagine that they had a copy of every book they made forbidden to read.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote

...and gold. Don't forget the gold.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    The new pope looks fine and dandy, but why can't they choose a younger and more liberal one?

Young? Liberal? Are you sure you're talking about the church?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

You also forgot: young boys
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote

Peter smile

I almost wish Jesus was real so he could come back and bitchslap everyone in the Vatican.
  8. Real as the son of God or real as a living historical person? The latter is actually pretty much out of debate biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Real as any middle-eastern rageboy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited
    ...or as real as anything on the internet.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote

Peter smile

I almost wish Jesus was real so he could come back and bitchslap everyone in the Vatican.

I can see it now, he'd land from thje sky heavily shattering the floors then clap his massive hands together shattering every window in Vatican city then he'd bunch his huge and mighty muscles for one earth destroying effort as he brings both fists back behind his head and swinging them forth to hit the ground creates a 22.9 on the ricter scale shock wave that destroys all of the vatican and all the priests and god botherers fall into a hole in the earth never to be seen again.

... uhm

.... i'm talking about the incredible hulk aren't i!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Be weary of His Wrath.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Be weary of His Wrath.

Ahhhh! Vindication. biggrin
  9. PawelStroinski wrote
    Steven wrote

Just imagine that they had a copy of every book they made forbidden to read.

The index contained 6000 books when it was finally abolished in 1966. I'm pretty sure a lot of these are indeed to be found in the Vatican library. For example the works of Immanuel Kant.