• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013
    We need some positive vibes and here are some facts to support that
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/intera … 88445.html
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    repent
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    reeepeeeeeent!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    reeepeeeeeent!

...you can't beat a bit of bully
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Happy Easter Everybody!

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/ … 0-1200.jpg

Volker bunny
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013
    Happy pagan sex holiday or whatever it was called before it was hijacked by Christians.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. It was an Ishtar festival. And yes, it was dedicated to fertility (hence eggs and rabbits).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Happy egg-shaped chocolate day to all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It was an Ishtar festival. And yes, it was dedicated to fertility (hence eggs and rabbits).

Wrong! Jesus laid chocolate eggs. FACT.
  3. Steven wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It was an Ishtar festival. And yes, it was dedicated to fertility (hence eggs and rabbits).

Wrong! Jesus laid chocolate eggs. FACT.

When I read things like this I am ashamed to be an agnostic myself. Atheist culture is going downstream alongside religion. Are we not called on to set a better example instead of sinking on the same level of hatred and intolerance? Depressing! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
  4. I think he's serious and there IS the problem with a lot of modern atheism rather than trying to seriously discuss the point of religious belief and discuss several issues, it prefers to just create memes and mock religion, just because religious people must be complete idiots that probably have no brains.

Even if they are natural science professors. Though myself, as a Catholic, I am ashamed that one of our most prominent politicians (though mostly because of that biggrin , he was luckily mostly mocked by both Catholics and atheists aside) for a few years was a biology professor who discussing evolution said that he is not a descendant of a monkey, but his human-being mother. Yes, a biologist rejecting evolutionism. I do wonder myself which flea market did he get his PhD in, but that's another matter.

There are several science (not just humanities, natural scientists) professors that are pious Catholic at that and somehow nobody tends to mock them on that basis in their community, some of them are in fact very much respected in the scientific community.

It's very, very sad that most of religion-atheism discussion, if it may be called so, resorts to "You're an idiot" and "You... you will go to hell" arguments without having anything sensible to say. There are social science professors (like Jurgen Habermas) which opt for religion and atheism to function alongside and I think that's a good thing, because I honestly think that this world needs both. I read an interview with a biologist, who tried to say that evolution as a concept disagrees with religion, which is bullshit, because Catholicism adopted evolutionism after a while and it's a huge part of modern theology.

But yeah, it's easier just to mock, rather than look into things. Modern Catholicism accepts a miracle only if it is assessed by a few scientific sources and even then, often underplays the potential miracle (case in point - the bread given to communion in a church somewhere in Poland accidentally fell on the floor of the church, by rule it's collected and no longer used in liturgy. It was put back in the box, a few weeks or months later it was opened, to notice that the napkin on which the bread is laid was completely red, given to scientists for assessment, it was, as per tests conducted by... 3 or 4 laboratories, found out to be human tissue. Nobody has access to that box at any time, so it is not known how did the bread end up featuring human tissue and human blood, but the Church of the area stays mum about it and it's still not accepted as a miracle, they don't want to accept it that easily), which would be easy food for thought (and actually the described incident which was only known until recently by the parish where it happened and religious faith and Mass attendance soared in the next few months). But so what it was assessed by 4 independent laboratories. It's still something to mock, because why not.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have some good news, and some bad news. The bad news is they don't make pills for humour deficiency, but the good news is with support from friends and boobs, you can overcome this problem. You just have to believe in yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Also: chocolate is scientically proven to stimulate endorphines, hence me greatly preferring Allah laying chocolate eggs. (I would say Jesus, but he apparently prefers turning old bread in old meat, which sounds just yucky to me!).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've eaten way too much chocolate today... sad Time to man up with some wine, candles and a hot bubble bath!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ishtar approves.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013 edited
    I think chocolate should be taught in schools.

There, I said it!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    POTATO CHIPS!!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Heathens.
    Clearly snack culture is going downstream alongside atheism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    allah snackbar
  5. Steven wrote
    I have some good news, and some bad news. The bad news is they don't make pills for humour deficiency, but the good news is with support from friends and boobs, you can overcome this problem. You just have to believe in yourself.

christmas_smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    allah snackbar

Admiral Allah Ackbar
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    May the Fork be with you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mmm, squid wrap. lick
  6. Thor wrote
    POTATO CHIPS!!!

No 'e' here!! Excellent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I think chocolate should be taught in schools.

There, I said it!

Eh?? It's not already a prerequisite in Belgium? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    But yeah, it's easier just to mock, rather than look into things. Modern Catholicism accepts a miracle only if it is assessed by a few scientific sources and even then, often underplays the potential miracle (case in point - the bread given to communion in a church somewhere in Poland accidentally fell on the floor of the church, by rule it's collected and no longer used in liturgy. It was put back in the box, a few weeks or months later it was opened, to notice that the napkin on which the bread is laid was completely red, given to scientists for assessment, it was, as per tests conducted by... 3 or 4 laboratories, found out to be human tissue. Nobody has access to that box at any time, so it is not known how did the bread end up featuring human tissue and human blood, but the Church of the area stays mum about it and it's still not accepted as a miracle, they don't want to accept it that easily), which would be easy food for thought (and actually the described incident which was only known until recently by the parish where it happened and religious faith and Mass attendance soared in the next few months). But so what it was assessed by 4 independent laboratories. It's still something to mock, because why not.

Countless claims of miracles throughout history have turned out to be forgeries and hysteria-based upon further investigation, so it's understandable that the Church has stopped crying "Hallelujah!" every time another claimed miracle comes to light. It's curious how all paranormal belief systems have their claims of miracles. It seems to be a sad part of human nature to invent poor evidence whenever a belief is held fervently enough.

Anyway, why are samples from these wafer miracles never DNA sequenced? Church officials like to go out and proclaim that some unnamed scientists have confirmed it's human tissue, but curiously the science always stops there. You only need a tiny sample to extract, amplify and sequence DNA, and surely acquiring the DNA sequence of the son of God should be high on the list of priorities.

Concerning humour about religion, people do it because:

A. Religion is funny (whether you realize it or not).
    B. Satire is one of the best ways possible to expose absurdity, whether in religion or elsewhere (Take The Daily Show as an example).
    C. Religious people tend to overreact to humour, often making it even funnier while exposing a dark side of religious belief.

That said, of course people can be more or less tasteful. Simply calling the other side stupid is neither funny nor productive. Saying something actually funny and/or making a joke with a valid point, that's something I can get behind.

Peter smile
  7. Your case about humour about religion is a good one. For my part, I enjoy it, when I sense it's good natured at heart. When all I sense is scorn, tarring with the worst brushes, and a lack of understanding that one man's scribble is another man's moral philosophy (with no clear reason why both can't be happy), it's a bit disappointing. I'll still turn the other cheek, because I can't see a better way to disarm it. But the critique of faith-based living - whether in earnest or foolery - can be easily cheapened in the delivery. (And I sense you agree with this with your thoughts towards the end.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
    franz_conrad wrote
    Your case about humour about religion is a good one. For my part, I enjoy it, when I sense it's good natured at heart. When all I sense is scorn, tarring with the worst brushes, and a lack of understanding that one man's scribble is another man's moral philosophy (with no clear reason why both can't be happy), it's a bit disappointing. I'll still turn the other cheek, because I can't see a better way to disarm it. But the critique of faith-based living - whether in earnest or foolery - can be easily cheapened in the delivery. (And I sense you agree with this with your thoughts towards the end.)

Indeed, that's the key to being able to find something funny, i.e. it being "good natured at heart". In a similar fashion one might laugh at jokes about blondes, but as soon as you find out that the person who tells them has a deep-seated hatred of women, it's takes all the fun out of it. That said, I do think that religions deserve the occasional scorn as well, considering that they, unlike blondes, actually do have a lot of negative effects around the world*.

Anyway, it's a good and admirable trait to be able to laugh at yourself and your own beliefs once in a while. thumbsup

Peter smile

*and some good ones too of course
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013 edited
    I am surprised at the good Captain's response. If indeed he was serious, it's analogous to being ashamed of having a brain because people think bad thoughts! dizzy (Or a harmless, good-natured one this case.)

In fact, Stalin was an atheist! shocked