• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2016
    It'll just drift apart.
    It coasted on the undeniable charisma and wit of Farage. Without that, it'll just be anoher one-issue fringe party.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    Isn't it more likely the UKIP will now drift even more to the far right?

so they will get even more retarded?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Isn't it more likely the UKIP will now drift even more to the far right?

so they will get even more retarded?

Is that even possible?

If UKIP were on fire I wouldn't waste my piss.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They're not as bad BNP, but that's faint praise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2016 edited
    Such a sad thing to observe all these retards. I thought Greece with the buffed-up retards of Golden Dawn and Cyprus with the idiotic Elam was the exception in EU, but sadly, last couple of years, alongside France's bitch, has proven us all wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Few, if any, societies have sufficiently educated populaces to completely evade fallacious political positions. (In English: people are stupid and make bad decisions.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Few, if any, societies have sufficiently educated populaces to completely evade fallacious political positions. (In English: people are stupid and make bad decisions.)

True but i had secret hopes that rest of the educated, more Western-inclined, non-Mediterranean countries have fewer retards than us but alas, it's universal it seems. (not even counting in Murica for obvious reasons)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    UKIP basically seemed to become an alternative to the Liberal Democrats as a "neither of the above" type vote on the ballot paper - I don't think it was much more than that, personally. It wasn't ever even vaguely a "far right" party, it campaigned to leave the EU initially on financial grounds but more recently only really talked about immigration because it worked out that would win more votes, as I suspect it would in any country sadly. As I said a few posts back, my fear is that the people who voted for it may well now seek a different "neither of the above" option, especially if Labour does indeed split in two as it appears destined to, and that may be a genuine far right party. The two mainstream parties need to do much more to appeal to a broader group than their hardcore voters. Labour's going so far to the left even some of its hardcore voters will probably leave it, and the Tories will almost inevitably feel that gives them licence to move to the right (Cameron moved it dead centre to fill the spot vacated by Labour when Tony Blair left) and still comfortably win any general election.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2016 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Steven wrote

True but i had secret hopes that rest of the educated, more Western-inclined, non-Mediterranean countries have fewer retards than us but alas, it's universal it seems. (not even counting in Murica for obvious reasons)

America's an easy target simply for being so big (and there are many things to make fun of), but let's not forget it also has some of the most educated people on the planet. Gun to the head, a likely occurrence in America, I'd still say it's the greatest country in the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What's UKIP?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Unites Kingdom In Peril.

See here. slant
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2016
    Thor wrote
    What's UKIP?

A company for renting fishing equipment, based on its successful American cousin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2016
    Southall wrote
    UKIP basically seemed to become an alternative to the Liberal Democrats as a "neither of the above" type vote on the ballot paper - I don't think it was much more than that, personally. It wasn't ever even vaguely a "far right" party, it campaigned to leave the EU initially on financial grounds but more recently only really talked about immigration because it worked out that would win more votes, as I suspect it would in any country sadly. As I said a few posts back, my fear is that the people who voted for it may well now seek a different "neither of the above" option, especially if Labour does indeed split in two as it appears destined to, and that may be a genuine far right party. The two mainstream parties need to do much more to appeal to a broader group than their hardcore voters. Labour's going so far to the left even some of its hardcore voters will probably leave it, and the Tories will almost inevitably feel that gives them licence to move to the right (Cameron moved it dead centre to fill the spot vacated by Labour when Tony Blair left) and still comfortably win any general election.

Reaction just for the reaction to the (any form of) government, no proposition or counter-proposition of any other solutions instead, and when time brings authority and decision-making on their hands, they run away leaving a mess behind. Populism at its finest. What happened in Greece too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016 edited
    After the Brexit it is time for Bregzit.

I'm leaving Gent at the end of the month and will go live together with my girl friend.

I'll miss the city of Gent. I go live to a smaller city Kortrijk, where lots of young couples and families move to because it is cheaper. Recent years have seen a rennaissance of the town and it's getting more lively and active. Lots of infrastructure works and gentrification projects. A small version of Gent you could say but it's a lot more anonymous for sure. I brought Thor and his friend there last year. smile

(I thought this fitted in this topic because of Brexit, not because my move is worth the tag "world event").
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016
    I voted Bregain. I demand a 2nd referendum.
  2. Bregt wrote
    After the Brexit it is time for Bregzit.

I'm leaving Gent at the end of the month and will go live together with my girl friend.

I'll miss the city of Gent. I go live to a smaller city Kortrijk, where lots of young couples and families move to because it is cheaper. Recent years have seen a rennaissance of the town and it's getting more lively and active. Lots of infrastructure works and gentrification projects. A small version of Gent you could say but it's a lot more anonymous for sure. I brought Thor and his friend there last year. smile

(I thought this fitted in this topic because of Brexit, not because my move is worth the tag "world event").

It's sad I left Gent the moment you moved to it, it's indeed a wonderful city. But it's a natural decision to start living together with one's girlfriend. So hope it turns out well. Luckily this Bregzit will not cause so much problems for us Maintitlers wave
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016
    Bregt, I hope you will be at the festival this year! You were always my man on the inside!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2016
    Steven wrote
    I voted Bregain. I demand a 2nd referendum.

I think Bregt should resign.
    Also, we should have a woman rule this place.

We should have a woman here, period. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote

Be careful what you wish for, there, a woman with a period is no fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2016 edited
    BobdH wrote
    Be careful what you wish for, there, a woman with a period is no fun.

Also, we need safe spaces from sexist male white priviliged misogynistic reactionaries.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2016
    Bregt! Have a nice start mate, make sure you don't run out of time for maintitles smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2016
    And boy , Bregt moving places, IS a maintitles' world event for sure wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2016
    Yes, yes, Muslim love again all over France.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Demetris, that is not called for. It is not known yet who did this, so lets wait for that. But apart from that, lets not blame a whole group of people.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt, we know EXACTLY who did this. And we know EXACTLY what his religion was.
    Demetris is hardly making a leap of faith here.

The only surprise is that IS did not claim the attack. Yet.

I do not blame a group of people for the attack. I DO however blame a group of people for still blindly following one of the most violent, unchangeable and monolithic religions today, and for taking far too little action against a stream of radicalism that keeps gaining momentum (even now the big islam-centered internet forums are positively bleeding with the usual 'but this is not the REAL Islam' apologies and the 'clearly a Zionist false flag operation with help from the CIA' cognitive dissonance).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2016 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Demetris, that is not called for. It is not known yet who did this, so lets wait for that. But apart from that, lets not blame a whole group of people.

We do know. And we know why.

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but if your first thought is #NotAllMuslims, you are part of the problem. This strawman argument (sometimes from good intention) just wastes everybody's time and deflects from the real issue: Islam.

Islam, in its political ideological form, needs to be fought and it needs to die. Many Muslims realise this, but we need more of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And to be even more blunt, anyone who uses the now-standard #PrayFor[insert place where a Muslim killed people] hashtag is a fucking moron. Pray all you want, but there are people out there actually doing something about it. They #FightIslam.

Yes, I'm angry.
  3. Fuck this. I hate this shit. Not again. angry

More fuel for the Le Pens and Trumps and Farages of this world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2016 edited
    Yeah, because THAT is the REAL problem. That fringe politicians with more (Le Pen) or less (Farage) xenophobic views may at some point be elected through due political process in a multi-ethnic, secular society with due process of law and proper political checks and balances to keep any truly politically extreme executive well in check.
    slant

EDIT: I grant that should Trump be elected that, due mainly to the drive and power of the American religious right, there is a serious risk of far more extreme (re)actions from the US. Which I don't think is an issue per se, but certainly would beg the question if tge 'cure' would not out-horror the ailment...