• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011
    What the heck is happening in England? slant Do be careful guys!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Unless you're a hoodlum, rubber-necker, emergency services or the Press it's very easy to stay out of the way of any trouble, unless you're one of the poor unfortunates whose home/business is in the area affected.

The worst that happened to me was being kept awake by the police helicopter.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. It is at times like these that you expect the politicians to step up. But, so far, it just seems like a lot of lip service and too little too late.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It took what? Three days before Cameron, Clegg et al returned to England rolleyes

What a useless bunch.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    It took what? Three days before Cameron, Clegg et al returned to England rolleyes

What a useless bunch.

And then they only returned because of how it would have looked if the hadn't come back. And when they did come back they would have been told what to say - to look good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011 edited
    It's really unbelievable what's happening. When you see the pictures and read what has been destroyed. And then there are the 4 dead victims. It's all terrible news.

Greece was not so much in the news here, and obviously, the austerity actions were part of the riots there. It seems in the UK it's a combination of a long breeding frustration of a lower class (at least that's what I read here) and criminal gangs dragging the former into their actions.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011 edited
    indeed believe me mate we are more sick of and familiar with this shit than anyone else in the eu right now i totally feel the people of uk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    indeed believe me mate we are more sick of and familiar with this shit than anyone else in the eu right now i totally feel the people of uk

Smaller incidents have happened over the years, it's just not reported as much. Here in the UK this is the worst it's been since the early 80's.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

What a useless bunch.

And then they only returned because of how it would have looked if the hadn't come back. And when they did come back they would have been told what to say - to look good.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011 edited
    Three dead here in Birmingham and the city centre was a fucking mess when I passed through there this morning.

I've just got a horrible feeling that the deaths (three Muslims) may have some ugly repercussions - I've already heard rumours (of course, only rumours) that "the Asians are angry and gathering together" for revenge. Hopefully, we'll just achieve what we've wanted from the beginning: calm and justice.

But then I'm an embittered pessimist.

slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Let's hope for peace and justice eh!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote

And it has been going on for years from a small number of sick bastards who destroy every peaceful demonstration here! And yes D is right. I totaly feel the people in UK right now. It's a terrible thing to fear hearing the news or to be afraid to walk out your door.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. Timmer wrote
    Let's hope for peace and justice eh!?

Was it the Birmingham deaths where the father of one of the young men asked for calm? Will his plea be listened to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Yes and probably not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just to make a little bit of fun with these looters:
    http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011 edited
    I think it very disturbing that youngsters that have little future perspectives, mostly through low education,
    express their anger this way. Instead of taking control of their own lives they mess up other's.
    Even more frightful is the fact that muslim extremistic and right-wing extremes' websites are encouraging this weak group to keep riots going on and try to overthrow governement.

Crushin' this hard seems to be the line that Cameron is going to follow.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011 edited

LOL! :D

I'll steal that from you and share it on facebook.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011
    Hehe, go ahead.

Peter wink
  4. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14822582

"A chartered jet carrying Russian ice hockey team Lokomotiv crashes on take-off near the central city of Yaroslavl, killing 43 people, including the team's Canadian coach".

How awful sad .
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited
    Now, see, if I were of a suspicious character, I'd say that a certain country is using borrowed money to prevent anyone coming in and threatening to take it back...

If I were suspicious, that is.

wink

PS: site appears to have gone off-line? Here's a mirror.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    Would he FINALLY be the third dictator to step down? Or is it again a joke.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl … 05611.html
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    Would he FINALLY be the third dictator to step down? Or is it again a joke.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl … 05611.html

I believe it when I see it. Not before.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    God, I just saw a video of the Syrian blood bath:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/10/09/nyhe … /18511482/

I didn't really want to watch it, but I felt it was a necessary evil to really get a first-hand account of the atrocities happening there.

I'm not to up-to-date on international politics in this regard, but I just don't understand why NATO can't intervene here the same way they did in Libya.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011 edited
    Seems Gaddafi has finally snuffed it. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy; though it's a bit of a shame he wasn't caught alive to face trial.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011
    Let's wait and see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Here's a rather gruesome picture, in danish news, seemingly of a dying Gaddafi: http://www.bt.dk/udland/her-er-billedet … de-gaddafi

Peter
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, it seems that the fucker might indeed be dead? Let's wait for some official confirmation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011 edited
    It seems pretty confirmed.....if you go to www.liveleak.com, strong material there, you'll see what seems like proof.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Grim stuff! It does seem likely he's been shot dead now.