• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited
    ENNIO MORRICONE - Baaria

Gorgeous string-led emotional passages, romantic and with the added intense cues and the fanfares, this has a bit of Morricone beauty for everyone. Apart that odd-sounding instrument that fronts some cues and of course the hideously stupid mixing of out of place dialogue from the film in the otherwise great track. Still, one of the best scores of 2009, very easily.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, I was going to play FIVE MAN ARMY but Waterloo starring Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer is on in a few minutes and I haven't seen this great film for a long time so it'll be the sofa and a hot cuppa for the next few hours cool

p.s. Score is by the great Nino Rota.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    WP: Seven Swords - Kenji Kawai

Wow, this was my first score for this composer. And what a great one! Excellent use of orchestral and ethnic instruments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And crappy synths?

Get AVALON btw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Will check it out, thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Aww shit, I just rented that.

..........enjoy it......... tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    NP:GEARS OF WAR - Kevin Riepl

I'm loving this, and the main theme sounds very Chris Tilton-ish. How does Jablonsky's second score compare?

It's typical Jablonsky, in the d-wars, the island and transformers territory. I like it but it's different than the Riepl score.

I think they both complement each other perfectly. The first one creating the mood and the second one providing the big, bold themes (although keeping the darkness Riepl created in the first one) and one of the best tracks Jablonsky has ever written, "With Sympathy".
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Iceman from Bruce Smeaton. This is my second listen. I remember seeing the movie but don't recall any of the score.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    THOMAS NEWMAN - pay it forward

The Newman sound i love. So tender, nostalgic. Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Pirates Of The Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest - Hans Zimmer

Wheel Of Fortune is stuck in my head today. Now playing it out loud! cool punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FIVE MAN ARMY - Ennio Morricone

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Man but that main theme is bloody well addictive!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The most awesome thing about it is that it's awesome.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LITTLE BUDDHA - Ryuichi Sakamoto

One of the best scores of the 1990's, BRILLIANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Jaws 2 (Williams)

Great!!!!

A diference listening experience than the first one, but I can say I prefer the action stuff from Jaws 2. More vibrant, more the Williams I know.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    NP:GEARS OF WAR - Kevin Riepl

I'm loving this, and the main theme sounds very Chris Tilton-ish.

I've worked it out. The main GOW theme is cut and pasted into Tilton's Mercs 2 score. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Titanic - James Horner

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The DaVinci Code ~ Hans Zimmer

A very good choice to bounce back, don't you think? smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009 edited
    About Jaws 2...."open sea" and "the big jolt" is punk punk punk

What a fantastic action track!!! and it could be composed in the 90's!

Am I alone if I like more Jaws 2 than Jaws score? And why the sound is so much better than the first score when it's only 2 years between them???

NP:The Golden Compass (Desplat)

It's not a perfect listening experienc but it has something, something great.

Perhaps are : The careful orchestrations, or delicate main themes, or the ocasional explosions of action.

I don't know, But it's a mix between Narnia and Lust Caution.

"battle with the tartars" is terrific!!!
  1. Stavroula wrote
    NP: The DaVinci Code ~ Hans Zimmer

A very good choice to bounce back, don't you think? smile

Where have you been, Stavi? How are you doing? smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Meet the Spartans (Christopher Lennertz)

Sometimes I wonder how a composer deals with a project like this. I really would love to know the answer. That said, very good music for a film that I haven´t watched but has to be like rolling over a pile of specially disgusting crap for an hour and a half.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Jaws 2 (Williams)

Great!!!!

A diference listening experience than the first one, but I can say I prefer the action stuff from Jaws 2. More vibrant, more the Williams I know.

It IS a great score. Also you're not alone, I prefer Jaws 2 over the original ( the film is silly though ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

Sometimes I wonder how a composer deals with a project like this. I really would love to know the answer. That said, very good music for a film that I haven´t watched but has to be like rolling over a pile of specially disgusting crap for an hour and a half.

I have and have regretted watching it. The music is good, although frankly Tyler Bates' original (without the Titus lifts) is better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote

Money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote

Money.

Right on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire - Joel McNeely

cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Spiderwick Crhonicles (Horner)

The Horner I love. A sense of magic that only he can create, agressive fanfarres and touching moments.

I know there is a complete out there, but I don't think I need more. A good realease
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote

Excelllent score which easily better than Bates' score to 300.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

Excelllent score which easily better than Bates' score to 300.

-Erik-

Or better than any score from Bates.