• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    NP Meet the Spartans (Christopher Lennertz)

Sometimes I wonder how a composer deals with a project like this. I really would love to know the answer. That said, very good music for a film that I haven´t watched but has to be like rolling over a pile of specially disgusting crap for an hour and a half.

Excelllent score which easily better than Bates' score to 300.

-Erik-

We've been over this again. I don't see how. But let's just not re-start this conv.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE MISSION - Ennio Morricone

Incredible score, sublime.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MONSIGNOR - John Williams

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Well, I was going to play FIVE MAN ARMY but Waterloo starring Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer is on in a few minutes and I haven't seen this great film for a long time so it'll be the sofa and a hot cuppa for the next few hours cool

p.s. Score is by the great Nino Rota.

I was very disappointed that Rota didn't incorporate the Abba song into his score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Cars Randy Newman

A typical Randy Newman score for a Pixar movie.... but with electric guitars. When I'm in the mood for Randy (feel free to make any pun you like there), I can't get enough of it.
  1. Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Well, I was going to play FIVE MAN ARMY but Waterloo starring Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer is on in a few minutes and I haven't seen this great film for a long time so it'll be the sofa and a hot cuppa for the next few hours cool

I was very disappointed that Rota didn't incorporate the Abba song into his score.

Certainly would have made the film more interesting. Sorry to say Tim, but apart from the impressive scale of the film, there's not a lot going on here. And to think the existence of this project, made quicker, was one of the main reasons we never got the Kubrick Napoleon...

NP: Blade Runner (Vangelis)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    NP Meet the Spartans (Christopher Lennertz)

Sometimes I wonder how a composer deals with a project like this. I really would love to know the answer. That said, very good music for a film that I haven´t watched but has to be like rolling over a pile of specially disgusting crap for an hour and a half.

Excelllent score which easily better than Bates' score to 300.

-Erik-

We've been over this again. I don't see how. But let's just not re-start this conv.

Nobody is starting anything... unless you WANT to start something... huh.... huh.... huh!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FACE!

Anyway.

'The Launch' from Armageddon Trevor Rabin

Can't be bothered to listen to the whole album, but this is fitting my mood at the moment. A damn good track. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    NP:G.I Joe (Silvestri)

Silvestri's The peacemaker. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Also known as Silvestri's G.I. Joe.
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Certainly would have made the film more interesting. Sorry to say Tim, but apart from the impressive scale of the film, there's not a lot going on here. And to think the existence of this project, made quicker, was one of the main reasons we never got the Kubrick Napoleon...

Re-watching it I totally agree with you Michael, a very uneven film. The scale of the battle scenes were exceptionally impressive and I think this is the abiding memory that has stuck with me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    franz_conrad wrote

One of my all time favourie scores.

Mind blowing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    CLINT MANSELL - He's just not that into you

Why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    NP: The Man Without A Face - James Horner

Gorgeous . cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    CLINT MANSELL - He's just not that into you

Why?

Dunno. I've never met the guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    biggrin

Srsly though, he shouldn't be doing such scores that shave nothing different than the myriad of other similarly-cliched, fluffy and cheesy mickey mousing heavy rom-com scores. He should stick to what he knows best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    He should stick to what he knows best.

Overrated scores for peculiar films?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    He should stick to what he knows best.

Overrated scores for peculiar films?

biggrin

Bam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    S.you.

Ban.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    S you? Don't you mean.... F you? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Lover's Prayer - Joel McNeely
    I'm not that familiar with McNeely's works but I had heard so many good things about this album and I had liked the sound clips so finally I just bought it.
    I must say I didn't regret it! It's very good music, romantic, classical-flavoured. A bit like Bernstein's Age of Innocence. But I definitely need more listens to fully appreciate the music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    S you? Don't you mean.... F you? uhm

Shag you!?? *shrug*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Screw you. You perverts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Hook ~ John Williams

Peter Pan was and still is my favourite story as a child. Endless nights my grandmother used to read to me the adventures of the boy who lived in Neverland. So I start with this followed by Finding Neverland by Jan A.P. Kaczmarek.
    I make no secret of it. I don't want to grow up! And time is being kind to me indeed... smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: Hook ~ John Williams

Peter Pan was and still is my favourite story as a child. Endless nights my grandmother used to read to me the adventures of the boy who lived in Neverland. So I start with this followed by Finding Neverland by Jan A.P. Kaczmarek.
    I make no secret of it. I don't want to grow up! And time is being kind to me indeed... smile

Then you are my fellow-girl: Peter Pan is my favourite fairy-tale character too! I advise you to follow Finding Neverland by Peter Pan (James Newton Howard), another magical score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FIVE MAN ARMY - Ennio Morricone

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Jaws - John Williams

Superb!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MONSIGNOR - John Williams

Played it only a few days ago and fancied playing it again. Such a very fine score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Witches of Eastwick John Williams

'The Seduction of Suki and The Ballroom Scene'.... love