• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

Brilliant score, sublime choral work.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Guns For San Sebastian - Ennio Morricone

Classic Morricone sound. A classic film score! The FSM release is terrific!

-Erik-

This is a gorgeous score, I played it multiple times when I first received it.

The LOVE THEME is going into MY FAVORITES playlist immediately! There's no other composer that writes love themes like this.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009 edited
    You have chosen....... wisely. beer <--Grail
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JANE EYRE - John Williams

Bliss!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Race to Witch Mountain - Trevor Rabin

Not really what one might call "good".
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Baaria - Ennio Morricone

The opening track "Sinfonia Per Baaria" was promising until dialogue destroyed the listening experience. I didn't even finish the 11 minute piece. How incredibly annoying!
    -Erik-

That opening track is terrible. I didn't make it through either. I got to seven minutes or so.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Lady In The Water (Complete Score) - James Newton Howard

Hearing the score in full is an eyeopener. There's a great feel or vibe to this score.
    Quite spellbinding. I love it! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    franz_conrad wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

The opening track "Sinfonia Per Baaria" was promising until dialogue destroyed the listening experience. I didn't even finish the 11 minute piece. How incredibly annoying!
    -Erik-

That opening track is terrible. I didn't make it through either. I got to seven minutes or so.

I think the opening track is great - that is, until the dialogue. I don't know why they had to include that. Otherwise the entire CD is wonderful in my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Close Encounters... (Williams)

I remember buy the Williams/Spielberg collaboration allbum and I never listen the suite from close enconters. I find it , boring. And actually the suite is not very good, it lack the secondary action motif and the performance is not very good.

The whole score, though, is one of Williams best scores. Mixing dark and agressive music, with really melodic and choral stuff. How I said the little action motif is really addictive.

dark, beautiful and creative!!!

Loved the funny homage in Monsters Vs Aliens the other day wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

Agree, i'd say it's exactly what someone would call "bad" instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

And not only the dialogue, but that annoying whining-ish instrument that is mixed ontop of everything else so loud and so out of place, what the fudge is that instrument and how would anyone put it into the mix?!?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Agree, but it works really well in the movie, specially the smoother parts. No need for a release though: they could have released his G-Force score instead.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ennio Morricone in Venice

Glorious. Currently on "Legend of 1900". I still remember the goosebumps I got the first time I heard him play this live. That night is the most wonderful film music-related one of my life (culminating in meeting the maestro!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Agree, but it works really well in the movie, specially the smoother parts. No need for a release though: they could have released his G-Force score instead.

I agree, they should release G-Force. I really enjoyed it during the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

I agree, they should release G-Force. I really enjoyed it during the movie.

People, esp. from maintitles, actually saw Race to which mountain and G-Force? Man you're either people who are able to let go and find enjoyment in everything in life or you have too much time in your hands! smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Well, I have a 7 year old daughter so sometimes I have to see movies such as these. And anyway, the guinea pigs in G-Force were cute! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Actually two pretty entertaining, children oriented movies, with no more pretention than to keep you entertained for an hour and a half. The main reason to watch both of them was the presence of Rabin´s score though. Reason more than enough!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    Well, I have a 7 year old daughter so sometimes I have to see movies such as these. And anyway, the guinea pigs in G-Force were cute! tongue

Nice! smile

Marselus wrote
    Actually two pretty entertaining, children oriented movies, with no more pretention than to keep you entertained for an hour and a half. The main reason to watch both of them was the presence of Rabin´s score though. Reason more than enough!

Shut up! You don't have a little daughter or kids whatsoever yet! You don't count in the excused people! biggrin kiss tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited
    Ok, I have no excuse shame

I also watched Renny Harlin´s "12 Rounds" just for Rabin´s score shame shame shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ok you have a hard-on on Trevor Rabin. That's a small excuse, but still an excuse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin

("12 Rounds" was SO wrong on every possible level).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aww shit, I just rented that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahah my condolences!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP:GEARS OF WAR - Kevin Riepl

I'm loving this, and the main theme sounds very Chris Tilton-ish. How does Jablonsky's second score compare?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Cleopatra (Alex North)

Friggin fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

I'm loving this, and the main theme sounds very Chris Tilton-ish. How does Jablonsky's second score compare?

It's typical Jablonsky, in the d-wars, the island and transformers territory. I like it but it's different than the Riepl score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does it still have an orchestra? I don't think I've appreciated shooting aliens to live instruments as much as I do now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

It's typical Jablonsky, in the d-wars, the island and transformers territory. I like it but it's different than the Riepl score.

I played the game some months ago, and I was amazed with the score. So symphonic!

It reminds me to Brian Tyler mixed with Ellioth Goldenthal.

Jablonsky score is great, but it's not as good as Riepl one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Does it still have an orchestra? I don't think I've appreciated shooting aliens to live instruments as much as I do now.

It has. The typical Jablonsky orchestra.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "Run And Shoot Offense" from Star Trek sounds just like "Embry Square". I know Tim Simonec conducted Gears Of War, but I wonder if he was also on orchestration duties?