• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    C'mon, get over it D! wink

NEVAH!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    tongue biggrin

You still didn't check out those 2 Rahman scores I recommended to you? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Lust, Caution - Alexandre Desplat

One word - BLISS. cool Give this man an Oscar!!

Not before everyone else who deserves it more gets it first. vomit

Add her and him to the list.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Great score, love it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    C'mon, get over it D! wink

NEVAH!

bhangra
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Who are they?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Man From U.N.C.L.E. vol 3 - Jerry Goldsmith, Gerald Fried e.a.

Mainly containing themes and music to the Man From U.N.C.L.E made-for-TV movies.
    Though it's the most accessible of FSM's The Man From U.N.C.L.E. releases, I still don't care for much of the incidental music which is just too regular sixties TV show fare (though at times with a most infectious pop beat), but the renditions of the main theme are splendid, especially the Goldsmith-conducted one from The Spy In The Green Hat (which, to be honest, was the main reason I actually got this CD: ahd theis theme for yonks, recorded directly from TV, so I couldn't pass up to get on my favourite TV theme renditions in stereo!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah man punk

I could play THAT track over and over cool

I agree with you on a lot of the incidental music, not a lot of it appeals to me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No worries. I just entered "YTBwJxFsuXg" in the YouTube search window and it came up beautifully!
    Watching it now!

punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool Excellent Nelson Riddle arrangement! Very Batmanesque.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yup. Labeled it wrong. shame It's Riddle-arranged and -conducted. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Who are they?

Anne Dudley and Gustavo Sanataoollllaalla
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: M Squad - Count Basie / Stanley Wilson / Benny Carter / John Williams

Good, innit?
    I love Count Basie's main theme (it's the only Basie track on the record, by the way).

cool
    Niiice!

Thanks, Martijn. I was sure that there'd no comment on this CD.

Basie's title theme must have been the inspiration for Ira Newborn's theme for Police Squad!!?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    You underestimate my versatility. biggrin

It was in fact the very first cross-over album (film/jazz) I ever purchased.
    Re-bought it on CD a couple of years ago. Great stuff, with what I always thought to be a more 'mature' jazz sound than many other jazz scores out there.
  1. Martijn wrote

You stopped my run of NP titles not to be commented upon. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. NP: "Blanchot's Marriage" - Thibaud The Crusader - Georges Delerue

I'm finding it very difficult getting out of listening to my "Favourites" playlist.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Who are they?

Anne Dudley and Gustavo Sanataoollllaalla

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    DemonStar wrote

Agreed! Fabulous score and a good movie too (with a short role for Anupam Kher). punk
    Lust, Caution and Luzhin Defence are probably my top Desplat scores.

NP:
    Frederic Talgorn - President
    Lovely!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Muppet Treasure Island (Zimmer)

It's pretty, pretty good.

A big Orchestra here, guys.

The songs are good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ransom - Jerry Goldsmith

I love this 70s action style of Goldsmith's. (Yesterday I listened to two of this score's spiritual successors, Capricorn One and Twilight's Last Gleaming.) But the sound quality is dreadful. I only have the Silva release - does anyone have the Prometheus one? If so - does that one sound any better?
  3. Southall wrote
    The 13th Warrior - Jerry Goldsmith

At the time it was released, I thought "Goldsmith could do this in his sleep"; "he's not as good as he used to be"; and so on and so on. Now that there's nobody around to write this sort of thing, I realise just how lucky I was to get so much from this composer, even in the later "in his sleep" years. Frankly it seems brilliant.

yep, back then it was standard stuff
    nowadays, it's goddamn terrific

man, Goldsmith, I really miss you pal sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Up (Michael Giacchino)

First listen since I saw the film, and a delightful accompaniment to the brilliant Pixar. The theme is really great, you could say it's overused in the score but I don't care one iota because it's so charming and memorable. The action cues really grabbed me too: Escape From Muntz Mountain, Seizing the Spirit of Adventure which absolutely ROCK !!!! The softer cues are just perfect for the scenes in which they appear.

Before I saw the film I had my reservations about this one, now those reservations have been obliterated, and good riddance. Great score, may Giacchino continue to roam the Pixar studios.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Up (Michael Giacchino)

First listen since I saw the film, and a delightful accompaniment to the brilliant Pixar. The theme is really great, you could say it's overused in the score but I don't care one iota because it's so charming and memorable. The action cues really grabbed me too: Escape From Muntz Mountain, Seizing the Spirit of Adventure which absolutely ROCK !!!!

Before I saw the film I had my reservations about this one, now those reservations have been obliterated, and good riddance. Great score, may Giacchino continue to roam the Pixar studios.

now you wish you could buy the score now eh?
    Or is it this one you bought on Itunes?
  5. I've bought it on iTunes, I'm gonna do so with all of those I've downloaded.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    I've bought it on iTunes, I'm gonna do so with all of those I've downloaded.

ah, what is life simple when you actually have money? rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've bought it on iTunes, I'm gonna do so with all of those I've downloaded.

ah, what is life simple when you actually have money? rolleyes wink

Now there's a calculation I dare not even start on... shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Martijn wrote

It was in fact the very first cross-over album (film/jazz) I ever purchased.
    Re-bought it on CD a couple of years ago. Great stuff, with what I always thought to be a more 'mature' jazz sound than many other jazz scores out there.

Indeed! I like M Squad a lot as well, it's got some great straightforward, no-nonsense jazz tunes. Incidentally, I love to play it when driving.

And yeah, it's obviously the inspiration for Police Squad, which, all things considered, is hardly surprising!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Star Trek - Michael Giacchino

Good stuff here. I like Spock's theme.
    I also liked the Giacchino scoring doco on the Star Trek Blu-Ray extras. But it was too short as per usual.