• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    Bregt wrote
    rolleyes

To equalise things here, I will play 7 times Nightmare before Christmas. Because it is worth it more than any other score that is mentioned today (and earlier) in this topic! frank

That's what I call a Nightmare before dinner biggrin biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Nightmare before Christmas (danny Elfman)

AHAHAHAH.... Come on!!! OVERRATED!

Add this: horrible. wink

(runs for cover)

shocked

WHAT????!!!!!

I'm shocked at you my dears, shocked!!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    rolleyes

To equalise things here, I will play 7 times Nightmare before Christmas. Because it is worth it more than any other score that is mentioned today (and earlier) in this topic! frank

lol
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    rolleyes

lol

I laughed with this too!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    beer Bregt, rock solid as ever!
  1. Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Astro Boy - John Ottman

I have to say it... Ottman has written a score which is not bad!

Actually it is pretty good! Waiting for your review by the way.

Having seen VALKYRIE today (with it's VERY temp track lifted score), I can't help but express my amazement.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    The last one. The faster the pain ends, the better.

biggrin

Do you like Wanted?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Liked it in the movie, but forgot it as soon as the end credits ended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Speed Racer - Michael Giacchino

Really good, pure fun and some really good choral material too! cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote

"Let Us Drink Milk"!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009 edited
    NP: M Squad - Count Basie / Stanley Wilson / Benny Carter / John Williams

This is really good! A very jazzy score for a TV series from the mid-50s starring Lee Marvin and set in Chicago.

As well as featuring a few tracks from John Williams (listed as "Johnny Williams" which is usually an immediate turn-off for me) this CD features tracks mainly composed by Wilson and Carter.

Wilson was one of the most prolific names in Hollywood: composing music for films and TV as well as hiring the likes of Elmer Bernstein, Henry Mancini and Lalo Schifrin when he was in charge of "creative activities" at Universal in the late-50s.

This is really worth hunting down:

M Squad clips

BTW, for all you "main streamers" Williams' tracks are "The Chase", "The Discovery" and "The End".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:House of Cards (James Horner)

I like pink, I like Hello Kitty, I like sugar.... I'm so happy! let me put flowers into the wind!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ransom - Jerry Goldsmith

Classic early 70s Goldsmith action scoring. I'll be watching the film later, for the first time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    DemonStar wrote

I liked some of the earlier tracks but later it seemed to be pulling all the stops without much clarity.

NP:
    Ennio Morricone - Resoluzione 819
    There's a distinct Lontano (from Gott Mit Uns) hangover in the opening few tracks but it's getting much better from there on. The love theme (Clara) is the standout theme so far-- gorgeous and stirring! It's amazing that with so many scores he has written, he stills pulls out an original beauty like this. Il Maestro!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: M Squad - Count Basie / Stanley Wilson / Benny Carter / John Williams

Good, innit?
    I love Count Basie's main theme (it's the only Basie track on the record, by the way).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. The German Amazon site has the full score -- not just 0:30 samples -- up for preview for "2012" (Harold Kloser & Thomas Wanker).

I remain underwhelmed and disallusioned. One nice cue, but the rest is pointless actioning droning. I don't hear any themes or motifs and it just goes on & on.

Wanker did some good stuff for seasons 5 & 6 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", but ... not so much here.

Consider this a review, as the score just isn't worth a purchase.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Nightmare before Christmas (danny Elfman)

AHAHAHAH.... Come on!!! OVERRATED!

Add this: horrible. wink

(runs for cover)

Good idea cos I'm about to vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Ransom - Jerry Goldsmith

Classic early 70s Goldsmith action scoring. I'll be watching the film later, for the first time.

It's not very good.

I really enjoy the score though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Long night for me so now I'm onto-

Stanislas Syrewicz - Crossbow: Adventures of William Tell
    Completely anachronistic with synths. Not bad. I might have to sell this off since it came pricey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Alexandre Desplat - Une Chance Sur Deux
    Just awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Frederic Talgorn - Laisse Tes Mains Sur Mes Hanches (Leave your hands on my hips)
    It's hard to pick my fave Talgorn. It'll have to be a tie between Les Aiguilles Rouges and this one. Both are sweeping and gorgeous. I melt!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Kraken (Zimmer)

I really could pay to see Erik's face (or any other Golden Age film music lover) when he heard this piece for the first time.

It's one of my most played tracks ever, and it's not so crap like it seems. A lot of orchestra here! I love this horns rifs....
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The second Kraken attack in the film features a great orchestral version of that track. Would be nice to get that one sometime.

NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

On an emotional level (all sides), Hans never did better than this, though he did come close. Praying my dream of owning a complete CD release comes true one day.

Astro Boy - John Ottman

Haven't listened to it fully yet but I'm liking the main theme a lot. This is certainly one of John's better efforts, will listen to the whole CD soon.
  3. Forrest Gump + Judge Dredd (Silvestri)

Scores that are the opposite ends of the Silvestri spectrum. But I love them both, Judge Dredd just a bit more because of its ability to kick humongous ass... While Forrest Gump is all sentiment and to complement the likeable character of Forrest, it's a testament to Silvestri's talent that Judge Dredd can be just as emotional at times. It makes me like the movie more than most people.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Muppet Treasure Island (Zimmer)

It's pretty, pretty good.

A big Orchestra here, guys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Forrest Gump + Judge Dredd (Silvestri)

Scores that are the opposite ends of the Silvestri spectrum. But I love them both, Judge Dredd just a bit more because of its ability to kick humongous ass... While Forrest Gump is all sentiment and to complement the likeable character of Forrest, it's a testament to Silvestri's talent that Judge Dredd can be just as emotional at times. It makes me like the movie more than most people.

Both scores are great in their genres. The first has that irresistibly beautiful main theme and the sweeping choir, the melodies. The 2nd is massive powerhouse action the way Silvestri knew how to do excellently. Can't wait for the day we'll get proportionally good scores from him again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Lust, Caution - Alexandre Desplat

One word - BLISS. cool Give this man an Oscar!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Lust, Caution - Alexandre Desplat

One word - BLISS. cool Give this man an Oscar!!

Not before everyone else who deserves it more gets it first. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    C'mon, get over it D! wink

I'm unhappy with Slumdog winning too but at least Desplat did get nominated, he's had a great year this time and with any luck he might win this time!