• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    plindboe wrote
    christmas_reindeerchristmas_reindeerchristmas_biggrinchristmas_reindeerchristmas_reindeer

New game!

I know this will run over Christmas, but it doesn't really have a Christmas theme, except for an abundance of Christmas smilies. christmas_drunk There's no other theme, except that the cues are all quite neat.

The easiest tracks are in the beginning, and it gets more difficult, but more worthwhile, in the latter cues.

Easy (1 point for composer, 1 for title, 1 for track):
    -01-
    -02-
    -03-
    -04-
    -05-

Medium (1½ points for composer, 1½ for title, 1½ for track):
    -06-
    -07-
    -08-
    -09-
    -10-

Hard (2 points for composer, 2 for title, 2 for track):
    -11-
    -12-
    -13-
    -14-
    -15-

Impossible (5 points for guessing the score that the bonus is from):
    -Bonus-

Peter christmas_reindeer

bump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Sigh... I only got one clip right... and I didn't even know that one, I just googled the lyrics. tongue
    Oh well, 3 points for cheating then.

Hehe, don't worry, I kinda added that cue as a joke. I do find it quite catchy as well, especially when I'm drunk, even though it's a quite silly track.

Silly? SILLY!? I think it's a bloody awesome track, especially the Prague Philharmonic rerecorded suite!

punk

I haven't even listened to Pete's list yet but I've got a hunch I know what the track is cool

And after listening to the first five clips I was spot on in knowing which track Steven was talking about and yes, it is a "bloody AWESOME track" cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    ...and which one is it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...and which one is it?

It's got lyrics tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007 edited
    We used to watch that movie each New Years Eve for a couple of years, but the habit died down some time ago. It is just such a funny movie with lots of amazing ideas. If I ever organize a RPG session based on that genre, it will be based on this style of storytelling, which is pitch-perfect for having fun with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Yeah! That's the spirit! Keep those hints coming!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    A hint for clip 3 and 7 would be very helpful...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Only hint I will make about 3 and 7 is that the movies are about characters that have been portrayed some times before on the big screen.

No more hints will be given. tongue

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2007
    Score update:

Ralph realized what track 3 was, so he has taken the sole lead, and an extra point to Bob as well for getting the track title for cue 4.

Ralph Kruhm: 21½ points
    Antineutrino: 18½ points
    FalkirkBairn: 13½ points
    BobdH: 12 points
    Bregt: 10 points
    Christodoulides: 7 points
    Bregje: 3 points

Peter christmas_biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007
    Score update:

Thor has entered the game on an impressive 3rd place, and Bregje finally realized where track 7 was from.

Thor: 17½
    Bregje: 8½ points

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007
    Score update:

franz has entered the game and claimed his 1st place as always. wink

franz_conrad 28½ points

I'll let this game stay on over Christmas so Martijn, Steven, Tommy_Boy, Tintin, BhelPuri, Reza a.o. has a chance to give it a go.

Tomorrow I'll leave home for a couple of days, so might not be able to update the score so frequently. Have a merry Christmas everyone!

Peter christmas_biggrin
  1. Merry Christmas to you too, Peter! biggrin
    Very tough game... if it hadn't been for the fact that I knew one of the hard ones, the score wouldn't be that high.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorReza
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    I've finally finished downloading them using my dial-up connection hosh.. hosh... but they are very hard! I only got two huhu shame

What's number four?!?! I know it crazy

11 and 13 are beatiful but the one that got into my wishlist is the bonus track.. can't wait to get the answers confused
    Viva Elfman! <http://www.geocities.com/s129002kl>
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thanks franz! christmas_biggrin

Glad you like the clips Reza. punk

Score update:

Reza has entered the game, and BhelPuri guessed the bonus, as the only person so far, and ends on a nice 2nd place.

franz_conrad: 28½ points
    BhelPuri: 23 points
    Reza: 9 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    aaaaaaaAAAAA!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hey D, wait till I finally find out what clip 3 is, then I will be wayyyy better than you. tongue

christmas_biggrin

Oh, and Michael is disqualified. Again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Reza wrote
    11 and 13 are beatiful but the one that got into my wishlist is the bonus track.. can't wait to get the answers

I'm waiting for the answers too. Beside some other gems there I absolutely adore clip 14, but I wouldn't be surprised if I already have the score somewhere...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote
    Hey D, wait till I finally find out what clip 3 is, then I will be wayyyy better than you. tongue

christmas_biggrin

Oh, and Michael is disqualified. Again.

No matter how hard you're trying to hurt my feelings, i still love you kiss

Oh and for the record, i have a couple of track titles i can easily find 'cause i was bored the first time around to look 'em up but since there's a chance to overtake you, i might actually sit down and find them!!!!

*drumroll* LET THE LAST PLACE BATTLES BEGIN!!!!!! *drumroll*
  2. people might be wondering why your beloved reviewer hasn't entered yet tongue

Its because your beloved reviewer doesn't know jack and he doesn't want to end on the last place biggrin

Man and I thought I knew my scores wink
    So I'll pas this one up if you don't mind
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    people might be wondering why your beloved reviewer hasn't entered yet tongue

Its because your beloved reviewer doesn't know jack and he doesn't want to end on the last place biggrin

Beloved Reviewer, that means you're in the race with Demetris! I already guessed too much, foolish as I am, but you TOO can still WIN in the Battle For The Last Place! Knock him off that much desired spot! GO!
  3. BobdH wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    people might be wondering why your beloved reviewer hasn't entered yet tongue

Beloved Reviewer, that means you're in the race with Demetris! I already guessed too much, foolish as I am, but you TOO can still WIN in the Battle For The Last Place! Knock him off that much desired spot! GO!

Hehe, I always said if I can't finish before Bregt I don't wanna play biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. What a bloodfeud...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2007
    Score update:

Martijn have joined and Bregje and BhelPuri have managed to guess several additional cues. Shocking development, as franz has been demoted to a 2nd place! Christodoulides is still the honorable leader in The Battle for the Last Place. wink

BhelPuri: 32 points
    franz_conrad: 28½ points
    Bregje: 13 points
    Martijn: 12½ points
    Reza: 9 points

Peter christmas_biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I'll reveal the final results and answers tomorrow, so if there are other guesses they have to be sent within a day.

Peter christmas_reindeer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    shocked

This is getting serious!
    What a battle.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm rooting for BhelPuri, Ralph, Antineutrino, Thor, FalkirkBairn, Bregje, Martijn, BobdH, Bregt, Reza and Demetris. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2007 edited
    Steven wrote
    I'm rooting for ... blabla... BobdH.... blabla

Yay, I got a supporter!
  5. I would only get 1 1/2 points more if I fight really hard and listen to a complete score to find the specific track I am missing. No chance in hell to get close to the top, so I´ll leave it at that. Maybe Antineutrino will kick me from third place...? Come on, try me... smile
    • CommentAuthorReza
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007
    For number four, I've looked into my list and listened to several suspects but still I haven't got it huhu
    I.. er... I have a good chance to get the honorable title shame
    Viva Elfman! <http://www.geocities.com/s129002kl>
  6. I think I will have to lie down and take a beating from Bhel Puri on this one. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am