• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012
    I always loved watching Ernest ...
    Looks like Airwolf finally lost his co-pilot ... sad
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  1. That's right. He was in Airwolf, forgot about that.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. I was surprised that he was still alive!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Yep, I saw him in RED (2010), most recently.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. The Black Hole was the first movie I saw him in, so I´m listening to the score right now.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    That's right. He was in Airwolf, forgot about that.

How can you forget about that one. He was superb in that.
    Absolutely part of the charm of that show...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012
    I was always fond of his performance in Willard and The Dirty Dozen. And The Devil's Rain, but I probably shouldn't admit that one wink

95 and still working. That's a life well-lived!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012 edited
    JoshL wrote
    95 and still working. That's a life well-lived!

Hell yeah!
    punk

- "So waddaya feel like doing tonight?"
    - " I don't know, Erny. Sitting in my warm chair. Snoozing. Wadda you feel like doing?"
    - " Well, we oughta do something. It's Saturday night. Let's play in another movie." *)

smile

*) With apologies to Chayefsky and Borgnine both!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited
    For those that might not look in his composer thread title...

MARVIN HAMLISCH ( June 2nd 1944 - August 6th 2012 )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Shocked to read about Tony Scott's suicide. sad

He may not have made genuine classics like his brother Ridley, but he sure made some films I love to watch again and again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    What?! Is this a joke?!?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why would he do such a thing? Scary what can go into a man's head...sad, very sad.
  7. I wish this was a joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NO!!! Is this for real?!? Jesus, this is a shock. I've always been a big fan of the Scotts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here. Very shocking news to wake up to. Horrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Every time I see this thread pop to the front, I know someone I know is dead. Unlike over at FSM, where a RIP thread accompanies every other obscure US personality. So it's always with some trepidation I click on it.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Jesus Christ, that was the first thing I found out after I woke up...

He made some great stuff. Maybe, to honour him, I'll dig up True Romance, I went to watch his movies pretty much in sequence (all I have on DVD) earlier this year, except that one, I also have The Hunger on my computer...

To think that 2 weeks ago I had a conversation with Hans about him....
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    When i was half-way through my master's degree i made a project with a colleague of mine on the similarities and differences on how the two brothers use music in their films. Sad.
  9. Crimson Tide will always be one of my favourites by him, not only for the awesome Zimmer score, but also for his super-tight direction and how intense the Hackman-Washington clash turned out.

I've not seen True Romance but I kind of feel I have to now.
  10. Hollywood has begun to tweet their reactions on the loss of Tony.
  11. Including Ron Howard and some film composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012 edited
    What the hell???!!! I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. sad
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Investigators found a note in Scott's black Toyota Prius, which was parked on the bridge, according to the Los Angeles Times. That note listed contact information. A suicide note was later found at his office.
  12. It was pre-planned, he knew what he was doing. Must have been going through him for a very long time...
  13. I've read on another board he had some sort of incurable illness, but that was just a rumour.
  14. very sad news indeed, if it's an incurable illness you could understand it (a little bit), still sad news
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012 edited
    First thing I read on Twitter when I woke up this morning. Really sad, shocking news sad

One of my all time favourite films was by him, True Romance. May he rest in peace.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've only just seen this, that is shocking news.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    http://badassdigest.com/2012/08/20/film … -director/
  15. Yeah, I've read it.

I think Tony was severely underrated and that his movies (maybe except the Pelham remake) had much more brains than he was given credit.