• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    Lars wrote
    NP: KNIGHT AND DAY - John Powell

a fantastic soundtrack. it's a mix of mr. and mrs. smith, italian job and a liitle bit paycheck. my favourite track is HOSTAGE. this track has a cool rythym performed by guitar, bass and percussion. amazing.

Want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Lars wrote
    NP: KNIGHT AND DAY - John Powell

a fantastic soundtrack. it's a mix of mr. and mrs. smith, italian job and a liitle bit paycheck. my favourite track is HOSTAGE. this track has a cool rythym performed by guitar, bass and percussion. amazing.

Want.

Why i don't have it?
  1. Go forth and plumber, wee pirate.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    Wow, people been listening to some good stuff. I might get Mousehunt from my shelf, myself. It's been a while since I heard it.

NP: The Robe, Alfred Newman

Epic.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, the days of going to the shelf to listen to a CD. I kinda miss them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    HeeroJF wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    NP: Nostromo, Ennio Morricone

I finally let myself be influenced by the clip on M.T.'s front page and popped in this lovely little 2-CD jewel. This is one C&C edition that's worth every minute.

A masterpiece. Stunning piece of work.

Oh, indeed; every single note in it.

Best part is: when I got it, some time last year, I only did so because it was a Morricone I didn't have, and a good opportunity presented itself to get this rare item at a reasonable price. I hadn't heard anything at all concerning the musical content itself. Imagine my immense satisfaction when it turned out to be such a masterpiece! I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it before. This score should be just as talked about as The Mission or La Califfa.

I couldn't agree more. I actually prefer Nostromo above The mission, which is normally considered his masterpiece. The themes are at least as good, and unlike The mission, Nostromo is highly listenable from start to finish.

Peter smile
  2. I agree. NOSTROMO is THE ONE.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Gadfly - Dmitri Shostakovich

Genius! One of the very best scores ever composed! More of my glowing comments HERE!

-Erik-

It's very good, are you familiar with any of Shostakovitch works outside of film music, Erik? The man is a true 20th century genius.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol

Timmer - You asked the exact same thing last time I played Gadfly.

tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    franz_conrad wrote
    I agree. NOSTROMO is THE ONE.

Well... I dunno... if we have to pinpoint THE one, for me it'd actually be Giu la testa. Followed by Once Upon a Time in America. And then probably Nostromo. And Il mercenario isn't too far behind, too.

NP: Questa specie d'amore, Morricone

Just finished playing it. It really is great. Not on par with these other ones, but quite a strong work.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  3. GIO LA TESTA is THE OTHER ONE.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    NP: The Crucible, George Fenton

Took me years to fully get into this one, now I love every moment of it. This was also the very first George Fenton I ever got. I listened to it tonight to celebrate my George Fenton concert tomorrow night!!!! So excited!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    HeeroJF wrote
    Well... I dunno... if we have to pinpoint THE one, for me it'd actually be Giu la testa. Followed by Once Upon a Time in America. And then probably Nostromo. And Il mercenario isn't too far behind, too.

NP: Questa specie d'amore, Morricone

Just finished playing it. It really is great. Not on par with these other ones, but quite a strong work.

I like you. You have good taste. beer

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    franz_conrad wrote
    GIO LA TESTA is THE OTHER ONE.

With IL BUONO, IL BRUTTO E IL CATTIVO being THE THIRD ONE. punk

With Morricone there are alot of ONEs.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yay.

Just got the newest bunch of Doctor Who novels. Now it´s the new Doctor´s Theme from Series 5 on head-replay. I´m not sure that´s better. ^^

Any news on any kind of availability of the 2009 specials scores or when / if there will be a Series 5 scores...?

I'm crossing my fingers that we get a separate release for the specials and a separate release for season 5. The Doctor Who music is some of the best music written for a television program.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    STEVE JABLONSKY - prince of persia: forgotten sands, video game score

Very long, very synthetic, all synths, very tiring.

Indeed. The main theme is pretty good, but the rest of the score nearly put me to sleep, it's so generic. Give me HGW's great score to the film over this anytime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    plindboe wrote

I like you. You have good taste. beer

Peter smile

Takes one to know one I guess! beer

True, how can we pinpoint "ONES" in a career that has over 300 scores? Okay sometimes he comes up with stuff like Rampage and Il fiore delle mille et una notte, but SO many gems to make up for that. We didn't even mention the hidden masterpiece that is La venexiana.
  4. Panthera wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Any news on any kind of availability of the Doctor Who 2009 specials score or when / if there will be a Series 5 score...?

I'm crossing my fingers that we get a separate release for the specials and a separate release for season 5. The Doctor Who music is some of the best music written for a television program.

Yeah, I hope for two CDs as well. And yes, it´s one of the best. Sometimes, it´s a bit awkward, but when it´s good, it´s really good.
  5. I'd like to hear a CD featuring the music from the various specials - especially the one that was aired most recently[spoiler] (where all the Time Lords appeared)[/spoiler]. But - as with the stories - I thought that the music for Series 5 was relatively poor compared with what had been composed for the 1-4.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Well it WAS a bit hard to get into, first. I loved the new main title theme and new action theme right from the beginning, but beyond that, it took some time to notice the other more memorable stuff, but it´s definitely there. Especially Amy´s Theme [spoiler]and it´s darker version that´s used for the crack.[/spoiler]
    But it would - indeed - be a shame not to release the music from the specials. There was some incredible stuff in there, especially, as you said, in The End of Time.
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Flying Horsemen - James Horner

Sensational! Inspiring! Emotional!

-Erik-

iTunes?

http://www.asb.tv/store/index.php?act=d … DHORNPKG01

-Erik-

Worth it? I mean for the HD videos?

I already heard the music, it's again brilliant Horner like back in the day. love
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Ultraman Great - Sinsuke Kazato

A great album with a concert feel to it, full of majestic fanfares, memorable themes and warm orchestrations. So glad I picked this one up. Written for a cheesy as hell looking japanese TV show, but the music doesn't sound like it at all. It sounds positively uncheesy at all the right moments. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

Give it 3 months and I'll ask the same thing again Erik. rolleyes shame

Did you try my recommendations?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: House Of Flying Daggers-Shigeru Umebayashi

Goosebumps each time I listen to this. I kid you not!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  8. I know exactly what you mean. Never saw the movie, but the score tells its own story. Beautiful, just beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I recommend the movie highly.
    It's one of the finest, most beautiful, certainly the most visually stunning films to have come out of China yet.

Both score and film are a personal favourite of mine.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

Give it 3 months and I'll ask the same thing again Erik. rolleyes shame

Did you try my recommendations?

I did get Leningrad featuring the New York Philharmonic conducted by Leonard Bernstein.... but one look at the track listing and I knew it would have to be an album I would have to give my full undivided attention to. Unfortunately, I haven't had a full hour and 14 minutes to myself in quite sometime so I might just have to throw it on one day during a not so busy period at work.

NP: The Fall of Berlin - Dmitri Shostakovich
    Adriano conducting the Moscow Symphony Orchestra

Sublime!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Martijn wrote
    It's one of the finest, most beautiful, certainly the most visually stunning films to have come out of China yet.

About Flying Daggers, it's all those things you've said but it also drags a bit at times, so I can't watch this one again and again. I much prefer Yimou's earlier Hero, which also has a lovely score.

And Zhang Ziyi as well!!! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DreamTheater wrote
    Ultraman Great - Sinsuke Kazato

A great album with a concert feel to it, full of majestic fanfares, memorable themes and warm orchestrations. So glad I picked this one up. Written for a cheesy as hell looking japanese TV show, but the music doesn't sound like it at all. It sounds positively uncheesy at all the right moments. punk

You should find the work from Toshihiko Sahashi.... Very similar feel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    Martijn wrote

About Flying Daggers, it's all those things you've said but it also drags a bit at times

You won't be surprised to learn I disagree: like Kubrick's outstanding Barry Lyndon, it's visual aspect paired with a phenomenal and deeply touching and poignant soundtrack makes this an experience for me that is comparable to enkoying any work of art and beauty. I relly can watch this one time and again without any of the impact lessening.

(That's not to say it's worth less story or direction wise. Both films feautre scenes that both rouse and move me intensely! Every time again!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn