• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    So I'm leaving Australia tomorrow and will be making another journey on the Airbus A380 which I'm looking forward to. Singapore Airlines have recently bought brand new A330s for flights to/from Australia so I'll also be boarding one of these for my flight to Singapore.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    So I'm leaving Australia tomorrow and will be making another journey on the Airbus A380 which I'm looking forward to. Singapore Airlines have recently bought brand new A330s for flights to/from Australia so I'll also be boarding one of these for my flight to Singapore.

cool

SO.
    ENVY.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Have a good and safe flight Lee cool beer

Are you looking forward to returning to the UK?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    Have a good and safe flight Lee cool beer

Are you looking forward to returning to the UK?

I have mixed feelings about it really. When I reflect on the last few weeks - which were soooo great - I think I'd like to be back on the east coast doing everything again and more. On the other hand, I spoke to one of my best mates on the phone last night and we had such a good long conversation, at last I actually began to feel homesick and eager to meet up with him again.

So there you go.... smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    D, I thought you might enjoy this little anecdote from BBC war journalist John Simpson's book 'A Mad World, My Masters'....

In Brazil I flew in a single-engined plane over the jungle with the sole survivor of seven pilots. Each time one of them had crashed, he said, he had replaced parts of his own plane from the wreckage

'So you're a mechanic?'

'No, not at all,' he answered, and hooted with laughter.

At such a time, looking out at the forest canopy as it reaches unbroken for hundreds of miles in every direction like the surface of the ocean, you find yourself listening very carefully to the note of the engine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    D, I thought you might enjoy this little anecdote from BBC war journalist John Simpson's book 'A Mad World, My Masters'....

In Brazil I flew in a single-engined plane over the jungle with the sole survivor of seven pilots. Each time one of them had crashed, he said, he had replaced parts of his own plane from the wreckage

'So you're a mechanic?'

At such a time, looking out at the forest canopy as it reaches unbroken for hundreds of miles in every direction like the surface of the ocean, you find yourself listening very carefully to the note of the engine.

biggrin

That's great. I hope I can tell an anecdote like that sometime... (as soon as I finish uni)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    Indeed! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    Timmer wrote

'So you're a mechanic?'

I did buy this book on your recommendation a few months ago although I'm yet to read it. Sounds great. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    It's a great book full of incredible stories the likes of which, I'll wager, none of us here will ever experience and in the majority of cases none of us would want to experience.

It's an incredible life, I'd recommend the book to anyone.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Air France

This is not looking like good news. sad

The plane should have landed in France a while ago now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not looking good!

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 … rance.html

:crossing fingers:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Air France

This is not looking like good news. sad

The plane should have landed in France a while ago now.

All the passengers and crew are now presumed dead. sad

The last report from the pilot was of an electrical fault following severe turbulence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8077304.stm

1303 GMT: Prime Minister Gordon Brown says he fears British citizens may be on board the aircraft.

What a ridiculous fear to express. People are people regardless of nationality. Bloody media.. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote

1303 GMT: Prime Minister Gordon Brown says he fears British citizens may be on board the aircraft.

What a ridiculous fear to express. People are people regardless of nationality. Bloody media.. rolleyes

Word. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or..Or...Bloody Gordon wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

It's like the news only becomes more "worthwhile" if Brits are involved. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well he's a wanker, we in Britain know that all too well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    When I first heard the news I immediately thought "Lost island", but then realised it's not at all funny as the plane has probably crashed. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    It really is a terrible and terrifying story. I flew on an A330 yesterday. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    When I first heard the news I immediately thought "Lost island", but then realised it's not at all funny as the plane has probably crashed. sad

You thought of LOST too? Now i know we are sick shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    It really is a terrible and terrifying story. I flew on an A330 yesterday. slant

I think it'll be some time before we find out details, it's an immense search area.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

You thought of LOST too? Now i know we are sick shame

Don't worry, my friend at work is worse. When I mentioned "Lost island", someone else said "Where is that?". My friend replies "It's not a case of where the island is, it's a case of when." shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Don't worry, my friend at work is worse. When I mentioned "Lost island", someone else said "Where is that?". My friend replies "It's not a case of where the island is, it's a case of when." shame

shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can we leave out the pathetic LOST stuff here, it's irritating and unnecessary.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    So the Americans are going to help by using their spy satellites to scan the area apparently? Have there been any more developments as the last time I caught the news was at 6.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    They're concentrating their searches in one specific area to which they've narrowed down.

For all the CONFIRMED updates, follow:

http://avherald.com/h?article=41a81ef1&opt=0
    http://www.flightglobal.com/
    http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 … paris.html
    http://aviation-safety.net/database/rec … 20090601-0
    http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/3759 … ssing.html

And for God's sake, stay as away as possible from the general news' sites / stations!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    The only news we are getting, is there was one Dutch person on board. Our newsstations are very much concentrated on the nationality of the passengers, not so much the actual whereabouts of the plane itself, which is just stated 'missing' last time I checked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    'Cause they're full of pseudo-aviation know it all jouirnalists who are reading pprune.org, blowing it up with crap and transmitting all the kind of junk, as it happens with every major aviation disaster.