• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    Pretty plausible scenario for a member of pprune.org, based on the latest facts known:

"It seems more and more likely that the AF crew on that fateful night were routinely picking their way around CB cells in the ITCZ, like all airline pilots do on a regular basis, when they unknowingly flew through an air mass that contained enough ice particles to disable all pitot probes.
    The resulting effects of such failure at high altitude, as documented earlier in the thread, are quite dramatic on the flight instruments and may have led to a rapid loss of control of the aeroplane.
    Since the crew primary task then, is to try to regain control before anything else gets done, it is not surprising that distress calls were never made."
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    Imagine how distressing it must be for the relatives of many of the victims whose bodies, most likely, will never be recovered, families who can never properly say goodbye to loved ones. sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Tail section has been found among other wreckage and bodies.

Photo of the tail section here.

Looks pretty intact at a first glance, and brings up creepy resemblances with photos i've seen from this aircrash investigation back in 2001.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Another photo of the tail section here.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If they've got the tail does that mean they have the black box? Or is that in the bit below the tail somewhere else?
  1. Anthony wrote
    If they've got the tail does that mean they have the black box? Or is that in the bit below the tail somewhere else?

I also thought the black box is located in the black box, but I have heard they haven't found the black box yet. I hope they do, so that the grieving people can finally get to the truth as to what happened to their beloved
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's just the top part of the tail, i.e. the rudder. The black boxes are located in the area below it which they haven't recovered yet;
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    That's just the top part of the tail, i.e. the rudder. The black boxes are located in the area below it which they haven't recovered yet;

Is there a specific reason for keeping them in the tail end? The structure is more robust in that area perhaps??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Is there a specific reason for keeping them in the tail end? The structure is more robust in that area perhaps??

Because it's the part that usually survives wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Makes sense. The plane's traveling forward after all and I'm assuming most impacts originate at the nose end. (I'm also assuming that's a blindingly obvious observation to make.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Because it's the part that usually survives wink

So, I was right!

I'm always right!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

I'm always right!

...except on this occasion. Which of course would imply it to be a paradoxical statement, which would then imply you are.... A WITCH!!!!!

See? Science has all the answers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    A WITCH eh!? Then that makes you an ....Hmmmm? Uuuuuuhhh?

Magnus Pike
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    More looks into the grim finding from the plane. No more significant news yet, apart from more bodies being recovered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Very interesting article, dealing with the pitot tube issue on other airline's Airbus a330 which is becoming more and more prominent each passing day.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/unusu … story.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sorry to lower to the tone here, but I thought something cheerful would be quite nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    punk Lolplane is flying high!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Sorry to lower to the tone here, but I thought something cheerful would be quite nice.

For some reason it makes me think of that dog introduced in Itchy & Scratchy ( can't remember the name but voiced by Homer Simpson? ) smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    POOCHIE!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    POOCHIE!

That's the one beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He totally does. He needs the backwards cap. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    shocked shocked

"Italian who missed AF 447 flight dies in car crash. An Italian woman who arrived to the airport late for the fatal Air France flight 447 has died in a car accident, according to ANSA news agency."

Simply bad luck?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What a sad thing to happen. sad

While I can almost hear all the NWO/Illuminati/Truther web sites spinning up to somehow connect this to some greater conspiracy to hide what really happened, the sad truth seems to be that this couple -pensioners- took a car from Germany to Italy rather than a plane (which i can well imagine) and a combination of stress, exhaustion and extreme bad luck took its toll.

sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They DO say that the only dangerous part of flying is driving to the airport.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    what really happened

vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    Those crazy low-flying pilots! Make sure you watch until at least half the video when the 747 pops up! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    shocked

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Last photo of the air france a330, just hours before it crashed:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Fran … 1539421/L/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Really creepy. The professional 'nothing could go wrong' quality of that picture juxtaposed with its known fate is a very creepy (and of course tragic) thought.