• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I like Avatar more than Titanic, movie and score. I even like it more than Aliens.

angry
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Jeremy Soule

First listen...

I can totally recommend the symphonic live rendition of various cues from this overlong game score. At 9 minutes you practically have all you need. Featured on this album (track 11).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I like Avatar more than Titanic, movie and score. I even like it more than Aliens.

angry

DITTO. shocked sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

angry

DITTO. shocked sad

I think he meant Aliens v Predator

see, you can live with it now wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MATRIX RELOADED - Don Davis & Various Artists

Corking album! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011 edited
    NP : HAMMETT - John Barry

A very fine score and a lovely late evening listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Jeremy Soule

First listen...

I can totally recommend the symphonic live rendition of various cues from this overlong game score. At 9 minutes you practically have all you need. Featured on this album (track 11).

Great suggestion, I'm gonna get that album! beer
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Doctor Who Series 5 - Murray Gold

Another excellent season of music. I'm really glad it got a 2 CD release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: Le Mecano de la General - Joe Hisaishi

Train Chase I&II great action cues - punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I prefer AVATAR to ALIENS too (although I probably wouldn't have said so a few years back). In fact, it's probably become my alltime favourite Horner.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I prefer AVATAR to ALIENS too (although I probably wouldn't have said so a few years back). In fact, it's probably become my alltime favourite Horner.

Do you think that would still be the case without the tinitus problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Difficult to say. It probably plays some part, but I genuinely love the "magic" bits of the AVATAR score to death.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Rambo: First Blood Part II - Jerry Goldsmith

This score never really grabbed me, although the second half of the [long] Silva album is more enjoyable than the first half. A couple things I don't like:

-the electric farts
    -the repetitive somewhat use of the high powered action cues
    -the plentiful brooding material in the first half of the album which slows down the album
    -the overlong album

If I just had the Helicopter Flight cue, I would be happy with that.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Difficult to say. It probably plays some part, but I genuinely love the "magic" bits of the AVATAR score to death.

I like Avatar a lot ( nowhere, absolutely nowhere near ALIENS imo ), I'm in the mood and I thought I'd play it right now...

NP : AVATAR - James Horner

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    My Avatar CD makes for a fine drink coaster!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

We can't all afford to buy 100 copies so we can all have the luxury of favourite score drink coasters tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

We can't all afford to buy 100 copies so we can all have the luxury of favourite score drink coasters tongue

Well, I don't spin the CD anyway and I didn't buy my copy. wink

-Erik-
  2. Hey, hey! You're all giving coasters bad names!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Oh, me too (film and score). Aliens, I can't quite get (though there are some stunning moments). Maybe I'd be better off with the original, shorter album.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INCANTATIONS - Mike Oldfield

Superb, organically flowing work with some fabulous orchestral passages courtesy of David Bedford, I just love the rushing violins in part 1 which builds into a symphonic passage for brass, Oldfield is one of the 20th century's true musical geniuses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Superb, organically flowing work with some fabulous orchestral passages courtesy of David Bedford, I just love the rushing violins in part 1 which builds into a symphonic passage for brass, Oldfield is one of the 20th century's true musical geniuses.

Is that a film score?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I never connected with anything Oldfield did.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Is that a film score?

oops! shame

I'll blame that on codeine tablets.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    I never connected with anything Oldfield did.

He's done a hell of a lot D. I suspect, for you, it's the celtic influences that maybe turn you off?
  3. Didn't you love Music of the Spheres, D.?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Cristian wrote
    NP: Le Mecano de la General - Joe Hisaishi

Train Chase I&II great action cues - punk cool

Cool, I'll be on the lookout for a download.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    NP : MASQUERADE - John Barry

Gorgeous themes, a very very pleasent late night listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011 edited
    NP: Knight and Day - John Powell

Ridiculously busy music written by someone who has clearly drunk far too much caffeine! Good fun, but perhaps a little too wild for a Sunday morning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can't listen to that.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Not even Bull Run? cry