• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    NP : AN AMERICAN TAIL - James Horner

luckily there are no cats in America.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Isn't it great to have the freedom to live it up without having to worry about the all-seeing glare of Ceiling Cat?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DreamTheater wrote
    plindboe wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

The Pagemaster - James Horner - Not one of Horner's better animation efforts.

Correction: One of Horner's better animation efforts.

Peter smile

DAMN RIGHT PETER! cool

beer

DreamTheater wrote
    MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2 - HANS ZIMMER

I don't feel any sort of shame in saying I enjoy this one a lot. One of my guilty pleasures. punk

It's a great, catchy and fun score. My favourite of the three Mission impossible scores. I think people who dismiss this tend to take it a bit too seriously. I prefer just headbanging along and enjoying myself.

Peter punk
  1. The tracks featuring spanish guitar and Lisa Gerrard singing are my favourites. And I don't mind the 'headbanging' music, maybe that's what puts most people off...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DreamTheater wrote
    The tracks featuring spanish guitar and Lisa Gerrard singing are my favourites. And I don't mind the 'headbanging' music, maybe that's what puts most people off...

Indeed, the spanish guitar stuff is excellent, and Injection >>> Now we are free

The rock stuff, in Bare island is the funnest version I've ever heard of the Mission impossible theme.

Peter smile
  2. plindboe wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The tracks featuring spanish guitar and Lisa Gerrard singing are my favourites. And I don't mind the 'headbanging' music, maybe that's what puts most people off...

Indeed, the spanish guitar stuff is excellent, and Injection >>> Now we are free

The rock stuff, in Bare island is the funnest version I've ever heard of the Mission impossible theme.

Peter smile

my favourite is still the choral growing disbelief, followed by the ever so cool mission impossible statement once Ethan runs towards the camera and pulls off his face

excellent punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

Farewell to the King - Basil Poledouris - One of Basil's best scores.
    A League of Their Own - Hans Zimmer - My favourite Zimmer score.

you are so damn right my brother punk

You introduced me to A League of Their Own, and I have you to thank.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  3. KevinSmith wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

If I had the chance, I would introduce the entire world to A League of Their Own. It is a must have
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote

I don't feel any sort of shame in saying I enjoy this one a lot. One of my guilty pleasures. punk

I don't feel any sort of shame in saying I don't like this one ! biggrin
    Even the film was awful ! The weakest of the trilogy IMO ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Thunderbird 6 - Barry Gray

The What Is It To Be?/Main Title track is my absolute favourite !
    Boy , I just love Mr. Gray's music !
  4. Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

No love for John Woo? sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

If I had the chance, I would introduce the entire world to A League of Their Own. It is a must have

I've only heard the full score once, but the two tracks on the song album positively ROCK THE HOUSE !!!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Agree! Both are dreadful.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    NP : Thunderbird 6 - Barry Gray

The What Is It To Be?/Main Title track is my absolute favourite !
    Boy , I just love Mr. Gray's music !

beer cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DreamTheater wrote
    Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

No love at all. I haven't enjoyed a single one of his movies. The only one I found tolerable was Paycheck.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    plindboe wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Peter smile

my favourite is still the choral growing disbelief, followed by the ever so cool mission impossible statement once Ethan runs towards the camera and pulls off his face

excellent punk

Can't remember anything from the movie at all I must admit, other than Cruise's girly hair. I just love the music.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote

I love John Woo , Gilles - but I don't like his MI 2 !
    Sorry ...
    But if you like it that's cool my friend ! wink
  6. GOD OF WAR - GERARD MARINO, MIKE REAGAN, RON FISH, CRIS VELASCO & WINIFRED PHILLIPS

Selected cues, about 25 minutes long. In this form this videogame score becomes a great listen, thanks to a fantastic and memorable theme. Also, some of the action cues are terrible exciting. I think GOW II is even better. cool
  7. Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Sorry ...

As it is commonly known around these parts, I have terrible taste in film. Probably. shame
  8. The King's Speech - Desplat

Yes.
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Sorry ...

As it is commonly known around these parts, I have terrible taste in film. Probably. shame

I wonder what would we think of three out of his six Hollywood-made movies if he had the final cut. Especially Hard Target (which I still find quite good) and Broken Arrow which was not exactly what he wanted. He had to cut about an hour (at least) from M:I-2, I wonder what woudl the movie be like if it was at least 20 minutes longer.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  10. Inception - Hans Zimmer

I have never played a Zimmer score more often and more enthusiastically than this score. It really is the best I've heard from him (I haven't heard The Thin Red Line yet...).
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Sorry ...

I wonder what would we think of three out of his six Hollywood-made movies if he had the final cut. Especially Hard Target (which I still find quite good) and Broken Arrow which was not exactly what he wanted. He had to cut about an hour (at least) from M:I-2, I wonder what woudl the movie be like if it was at least 20 minutes longer.

i like all his hollywood stuff but his best ones are his hk movies. hard boiled and a better tomorrow I and II are amazing. and the scores from this movies are also good. simple but effective.
  11. I saw The Killer and Hard-Boiled. Both great music. I think I know why he picked Horner for Windtalkers. The Killer uses Red Heat quite a lot.

Red Cliff (I saw only the Western version though) was also very good.
  12. The Thin Red Line - Hans Zimmer

Everyone makes a big deal over "Journey to the Line" but I absolutely adore "Light". Layers of strings never fail to warm my heart.
  13. My favorite track as well, along with Stone in My Heart. Why do people never talk about those two?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited
    Transformers (Jablonsky)

On a scale from 1 to 5:

Fun: 5
    Originality: -11.000

Overall rating: 4

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    Btw, Bregt and Thomas Glorieux it's great that I can finally find MT's reviews via http://www.filmmuziek.be/search.cgi?

I always search my reviews through there, so it was a nice surprise to find Thomas' Transformers review through that search thingy.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    PawelStroinski wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Sorry ...

An extra 20 minutes that I could never reclaim, an extra 20 minutes of torture, anything extra would be horror in a film that is up there with the worst I have EVER seen.
  14. PawelStroinski wrote
    My favorite track as well, along with Stone in My Heart. Why do people never talk about those two?

Probably because they haven't been "revisited" much since. Parts of Inception and The Last Samurai sound like "Journey to the Line".