• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Hours - Philip Glass

One of his best film scores, certainly the most relaxing scores out there to listen to.

Absolutely gorgeous.

It is a very beautiful album, but I thought it was a terrible film score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting....Part of why i loved the film so much was the score itself actually smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Christodoulides wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Hours - Philip Glass

One of his best film scores, certainly the most relaxing scores out there to listen to.

Absolutely gorgeous.

I loved it so much I paid tree fifty for it.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    NP: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (Jerry Goldsmith)

I've been mouthing off against Goldsmith and Goldsmith fans so much recently that I needed a bit of classic....uhm, Goldsmith.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Perfect Storm - Jimbo H

Like this more and more each time. I think I thought it was boring at first - now I think it's one of the best of Horner's uber-long albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    KevinSmith wrote

Tree fiddy!

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote

Like this more and more each time. I think I thought it was boring at first - now I think it's one of the best of Horner's uber-long albums.

I agree. May I dare to say it is one of Horner's finest works?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: VAMP (Jonathan Elias)

Smooth synth score with some hell-ish, OMEN-like choral/orchestral music too! But it's the Tangerine Dream synth bits that appeal to me.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    NP: VAMP (Jonathan Elias)

Smooth synth score with some hell-ish, OMEN-like choral/orchestral music too! But it's the Tangerine Dream synth bits that appeal to me.

And it's the choral/orchestral music that appealed to me!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    There you go! Something for everyone. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

NO!

Oops, I meant to say YES! It's in my top5 of all-time favourite Horner scores. Highly listenable from start to finish. The themes are kinda simplistic, so it's curious that one never tires of them.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

I'd say so. It's definitely in my top 5 of his from the 00's, along with A Beautiful Mind, Avatar, The Legend Of Zorro and...

NP: THE NEW WORLD - JAMES HORNER

Bliss... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    plindboe wrote
    Oops, I meant to say YES! It's in my top5 of all-time favourite Horner scores. Highly listenable from start to finish. The themes are kinda simplistic, so it's curious that one never tires of them.

Peter smile

Indeed. 80 minutes that flow like water.

LSH wrote
    I'd say so. It's definitely in my top 5 of his from the 00's, along with A Beautiful Mind, Avatar, The Legend Of Zorro and...

Bliss... cool

Amen beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

Bliss... cool

On album. Very bad in the movie in places.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Allonsanfan - Ennio Morricone

I am in a big Morricone mood today. This is starting things off nicely. The tarantella is brilliant.
  2. Southall wrote
    Allonsanfan - Ennio Morricone

I am in a big Morricone mood today. This is starting things off nicely. The tarantella is brilliant.

I'm in a big rugby mood. Can it be sated?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Joe Hisaishi - Laputa - the Castle in the SKy

I may get the title wrong. First, I want to thank Miya for giving me the score. It's a great work by Hisaishi, a classic. The orchestral material is great, the electronics are great too!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. NP: Infiltration - Largo Winch 2 (Desplat)

Very rhymtic. I like the string ostinato in the first seconds of the cue.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

Bliss... cool

Hey THOR, if you've never heard THE NEW WORLD I think you really should, it's very much to your taste these days.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Hours - Philip Glass

Absolutely gorgeous.

Tree tifty ya egit. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Hey THOR, if you've never heard THE NEW WORLD I think you really should, it's very much to your taste these days.

I remember liking it while watching the film. Although it's the Wagner that sticks to my memory.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. plindboe wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote

NO!

Peter smile

I hope some day this score can have a expanded release. There's a lot of good music which didn't get a release
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

I remember liking it while watching the film. Although it's the Wagner that sticks to my memory.

It'd be pretty silly for any composer to try and compete with Wagner wink

I find THE NEW WORLD ( which contains only Horner's score ) to be one of the most relaxing and soothing albums that I have.
  6. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE THIN RED LINE - Hans Zimmer

A very fine score and one of my favourites from the composer, it's much more than just Journey To The Line, great though that track is.

Exactly my kind of music these days!

Yes, I said a while back that my favorite cue from that score is "Light".
  7. Southall wrote

I agree. It includes two of the best themes he's ever written, and solidifies his spot as one of the best adventure music composers working today.
  8. "A Swan Song (For Nina)", Black Swan - Clint Mansell

I love this piece so much. It perfectly encapsulates the shattered beauty of the main character and the overall insanity of the film.
  9. Cliffhanger Trevor Jones

The new Intrada release, I've listened to this a number of times since I got it earlier in the week. For me a rare 2 disc C & C release that can bear up to it's length. This is terrific music, and the action music is wonderfully melodic, not just a wall of noise. I think this will be getting a lot of plays!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2011
    Death Rides a Horse - Ennio Morricone

My Morricone mood continues. This is brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Return of Ringo - Ennio

Of course!