• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011
    Right, I still need to buy one for that concert. Which type did you choose?

I don't know exactly - it wasn't me who ordered it. I believe it was a 30-euros one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn?!!

In all honesty it's not likely.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn?!!

In all honesty it's not likely.

Really? You live, like, a stone's throw away compared to yours truly. Money question, perhaps?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Time.

Just time.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011 edited
    Ah. Yeah, if you can't take a day off from work, I can see how it's cumbersome. It's probably a few hours by train, right? (I don't know where in the Netherlands you live).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh yeah, the distance is of VERY little concern.
    But it's always a matter of priorities: how much time do I have? vs. how interesting is the program?

And to be honest, aside from seeing the gang (which is always great!), there is very little in Ghent this year that interests me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn, that's a pity Martijn. Not even just for a meeting and dinner perhaps?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We'll see.
    It'd be good to see everyone again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No pressure, though. If you get the chance, great. If not, that's fine too. I'm sure (or at least hope) there will be more chances down the road.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Jordi, Marcel, Thor, Thomas (Glorieux), Elin (Skating Lientje), Maxime (Rian), fommes, Marie-Lise, ...

Martijn?!!

Great meeting! beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011
    Hi,

Someone recorded in DVD the concert of the last year in the WSA Awards, with music of Yared, Goldenthal, Iglesias, Santaolalla and others? I would like to see it again. I´ll pay. Write me a private message.

Thanks
  1. Bregje wrote
    Yay! I received my tickets. smile

Where are your seats? I'm in G 10 and G 11.

that's indeed such a coincidence, cool. one full row of MainTitles'ers
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I only know one thing, Belgian beer is gonna flow rich and numerous that weekend beer
  3. I will be there with a large group of our internet radio station. So maybe we can meet as well
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  4. SiriusCreations wrote
    I will be there with a large group of our internet radio station. So maybe we can meet as well

sure, the more the merrier
  5. We received from John Waxman the program info of the Film Music Masterpieces: Maestros of Suspense concert

Movies In Concert - Film Festival Gent: Film Music Masterpieces - Maestros of Suspense
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
    Excellent programme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
    Absolutely. Wish I could be there for the whole week, but that would be too expensive (hotels etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
  6. As mentioned before on saturday 22 october before the WSA we will have a gathering with SST members from The Netherlands, Germany, Poland, USA, Spain, Italy, France and Belgium.

Details of the program is not announce yet. But we will go to a place to have a nice lunch and after that a little city walk (maybe with an english speaking tour guide)

If you as MainTitles gathering group wants to join or meet somewhere before the concert, just let me know and I will provide more information here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011 edited
    That seems like a big club as well!

Normally, MT spends the afternoon and dinner before the concert together, but last year we were a group of 20 people and that was getting a bit much for one table. As this year there's even more (MT, filmmuziek.be, FSM, BSO, ...) Perhaps we can combine efforts and reserve a whole restaurant. biggrin

I know the city quite well, and a tour guide is interesting.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011
    Wow, this is gonna be a MASSIVE meeting!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    Well Bregt, it is a large club, on my last count we are going to gather over 40 people, members of SST and people who liked the SST-facebookpage alike.

I certainly like the idea to combine efforts and join forces on the 22nd. Most restaurants are opening late (well, at least too late for the concert) so perhaps joined forces could persuade a closed setting.
    As far as it shows now, we'll be having two guided city tours (one with dutch or german-language guide and one in english) If that wouldn't work out we can always have a drink with our groups together.

I'll be in Gent next week to have talks with the Festival Comittee. I certainly will take a look at all possibilities of group benefits and/or catering.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    Marselus wrote
    Wow, this is gonna be a MASSIVE meeting!

Yes Marselus, and since all kind of soundtrack related communities are seeming to find each other it will grow further and further. Fun part is that soundtrackfans can find all kind of ways to express (MT) and enjoy (SST) their love for soundtracks. Already a number of SST-members are MT-members too.
    Besides that SST is setting up a worldwide promotiontour which will give the people that are still ignorant on the existence of such communities a window to explore soundtracks on the internet.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
  7. [off-topic]
    Welcome to MainTitles, Dutchbat
    [/off-topic]
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bigger gatherings are fine by me.

But what is SST? Sorry for being out of the loop if it's something I should know.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thor wrote
    Bigger gatherings are fine by me.

But what is SST? Sorry for being out of the loop if it's something I should know.

Here my standard introduction what SST is:

SiriusCreations
    I am an administrator of http://24seven.fm. http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com (SST) is one of the 5 internet radiostations of 24Seven.FM, that is runned by volunteers. All the listeners listen to the same stream and members can request music from our library. The requests will be placed in a queue. SST is a legal radiostation (the owner is American) all music is legally bought or donated. SST gets money from members (donation or VIP membership) That money is used to pay royaltees, bandtwidth, new albums. Also labels/promoters/artists and members donate albums. We have a large comunity of film music lovers and organizing gatherings during film music festivals and events, like the Krakow Film Music Festival where we have close contacts with the organizers (promoting the festival and during the festival promoting our radiostation. We came in contact with people from the industry and some se great potential what we are doing. Listening to our stream and becoming member is free. To become VIP member you pay $6 a month or $60 a year. All the money is used what is mentioned above. A VIP member can request more and gets some other extra features.

So in short SST is the largest community supported internet radiostation in the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011 edited
    Good news! Dutchbat (see above) has talked with the organisation of the festival regarding a fan moment for StreamingSoundtrack. I invited him to to do a good word for MainTitles as well, and he did. So usually, there's a press conference in the morning, on Saturday. This year, this is replaced Meet & Greet on Saturday morning in the Marriot Hotel. Most composers will be present (depending on the situation).

Dutchbat arranged that StreamingSoundtracks and MainTitles can be there. I'll need the names of the MT guys who will be present in the morning (10:30) to join StreamingSoundtracks for this event. In the evening, we will have a dinner at a restaurant (not the same as last year) with both groups. It's close to the venue, so we'll have plenty of time.

Thanks Ad (Dutchbat) for his help here.
    Kazoo
  9. Dutchbat you rule punk

Of course I would like to be present smile And I'm sure the rest of the gang will too
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011
    Will be a conference with the composers this year in the Marriot Hotel the saturday 22nd of october? What time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011
    Bregt, please count me in for MainTitles if you can! smile

Let's hear it for DutchBat and Bregt - cheers smile