• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. that's no problem Sirius, I'm sure the winner will be happy with the result no matter what wink

Congrats winner wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I won? Haha! Awesome I will send you PM Sirius! beer

I'm not disappointed by this draw... smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Congrats! Thanks for doing the giveaway, Sirius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
    Thought for a second that I had won as it said "1. plindboe". biggrin.......... shame

Congrats to no. 2.

Peter beer
  4. Today I have received SiriusCreations' giveaway of 'The Truman Show'.

Thanks a lot. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. You're Welcome!
    Good to hear it arrived (and hopefully in 1 piece) wave
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  6. It sure did. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012
    Okay, finally it's my turn for a givaway.....finally rolleyes wink

HELLRAISER III : HELL ON EARTH - RANDY MILLER

PM me if interested smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. sorry, not interested, but interesting giveaway
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012
    Thanks for replying Thomas beer

Well, so far there's only been one request, from SiriusCreations, it's been over a week so if no one else replies he'll be the winner. I'll leave this one up until Sunday.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2012
    ....and the winner is....

Stefan ( SiriusCreations )

biggrin
  8. was it tough to identify the winner? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very! Unfortunately there has to be losers.....surely!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Congrats to Stefan!

As you know, Tim, I'm not much into the acquisition part at the moment (quite the contrary) and never been too hot on horror scores, so that's why I didn't participate. Hope you weren't offended by the low turnout.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2012
    Not at all. beer
  9. o/ I won.

Timmer I do not see any result of the draw (video or screenshot)
  10. Because you were the only person who applied smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  11. I received the CD today. Thank you Timmer.

When I was at the Amoeba store in Hollywood last september I bought some CDs that I alreadt have in my collection. So I maybe will give away one soon. But I am very busy at the moment and have some trips planned coming weeks (Ghent, Maastricht. Prague) So I do not think I have time to do the draw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012
    I think we can remove Timmer's giveaway from the headline now. smile

I'm thinking about more giveaways, but my big issue is the shipping. I'm really low on income these days, and shipping/packaging is expensive if I'm continously sending stuff off. I have items I could give away, no problem, but I'm not really interested in paying lots of money to lose them.

So....would it be rude to ask for the winner to pay for the shipping of the CD? Does that defeat the purpose of a giveaway? What do you think?
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Well actually I was thinking more the same. I have some CDs. So I was thinking to post it on the Market Place forum here, where the only costs would be shipping. But it would be fine by me to win the CD here in the Giveaway and pay the shipping costs. But others should say something about this too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012 edited
    For me Stefan's way is the proper way forward: if the recipient is to pay anything (even if it's only shipping costs!) it's not really a giveaway. A giveaway is exactly that: totally free from any obligation.

But I totally understand your predicament Thor, and I think Stefan's suggestion of using the market place should be perfect!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If the CD giveaway doesn't include shipping there is just another step involved ie another post before it is complete. While I completely understand Thor's position (and others) I think we should keep it the way it is. If you can't afford to pay for the shipping then don't participate until you can.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I definitely have to downscale the giveaways, since shipping a CD from Norway (even without jewel case) is from about $8-10 and upwards depending on where you live in the world.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor in the US I use a 6x9 manila envelope and a snack box cut to protect the CD. It qualifies for an oversize/large envelope and the cost is $1.04 to mail. You might check with your postal regulations and see what the Norway cost is. The jewel case doesn't have to be included. I think most of us have spares.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Thor in the US I use a 6x9 manila envelope and a snack box cut to protect the CD. It qualifies for an oversize/large envelope and the cost is $1.04 to mail. You might check with your postal regulations and see what the Norway cost is. The jewel case doesn't have to be included. I think most of us have spares.
    Tom

As I said above -- Norway is much, much more expensive. Even the most basic packaging and no jewel case will still be about $10 if shipping outside Europe. A bit less if shipping to Europe. It's a crazy country I live in in terms of prices on everything.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012
    Too bad Thor
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is this envelope sorcery you talk about ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Demetris wrote
    What is this envelope sorcery you talk about ?

I did a bit of investigation and found that a 6x9 manila envelope is treated as an oversize envelope (it must fit in a slot at the post office). Use flexible cardboard such as a wheat thin, cornflakes box which you cut to size of the CD, approximately 5x5. You use a paper CD sleeve and can include a small amount of artwork. It ships for $1.04 and is relatively safe. Heh if they break it you can just make another. I've had excellent success with it.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2012
    I am making this unsticky. You can turn it back when something's being offered. We have enough sticky topics.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2012
    Yeah, three is a massive information overload.
    I'm surprised no one has died of brain hemorrhage just opening the forum page.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn