• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    Perhaps those for the trashcan can be used for a contest on the site? But then again, this requires work for me.

Hmmm.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    Well, interest was zero when giving them away, so I doubt there would be any added benefit to actual work being involved. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015
    Moar giveaways!

- Predator 2 - Alan Silvestri (Varese version)
    - The Secret Of N.I.M.H. - Jerry Goldsmith (That's Entertainment Records version. Says in the link it's an LP only. It's not: it's a CD of course.)

This one runs until Friday.
    Then it's into the trash they go!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. If you'll pay to ship, why not send them to SAE? They'll try and sell them, that way somebody might get them later. SAE will make an offer, too and as I recall pay you back for shipping.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I'd be up for The Secret of NIMH. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Noted, Edmund!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    If you'll pay to ship, why not send them to SAE? They'll try and sell them, that way somebody might get them later. SAE will make an offer, too and as I recall pay you back for shipping.

It might makes sense to go to SAE if I had dozens to give away, but for the odd one or two now and again there's no real benefit. They won't reimburse intercontinental shipping, and the prices they offer don't really compare with the fun of simply giving them away.
  3. That sucks, but I should add getting an offer from SAE after you've tried giving them away and failed and are going to trash them. As for shipping, well, you were gonna ship 'em for free anyway... ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. I once sold about 100 CDs to a German re-commerce company and got about 80 bucks. It was OK but you don't get rich on used CDs.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2015
    Alrighty then, it's Friday and the Goldsmith is for Edmund, the Silvestri goes into the trash.

Edmund, can you PM me your address? I don't think I have it yet, right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2015
    Couldn't you give the Silvestri to a charity shop?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015
    Martijn wrote
    Alrighty then, it's Friday and the Goldsmith is for Edmund, the Silvestri goes into the trash.

Edmund, can you PM me your address? I don't think I have it yet, right?

Edmund?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016
    So, here we go again.
    For some reason I am unable to fathom I received two copies of Fabricius-Bjerre's Pinchcliffe Grand Prix, one a week after the receipt of the other.

I've e-mailed them twice now to understand the reason and to ask if they'd want the second copy returned....but without any reply.And while it's a fun, melodic and energetic score I enjoy a lot, I don't need two copies.
    So, you know what they say: one man's loss....

Anyone interested?
    I'l let this one ride until Friday COB.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    So, here we go again.
    For some reason I am unable to fathom I received two copies of Fabricius-Bjerre's Pinchcliffe Grand Prix, one a week after the receipt of the other.

I've e-mailed them twice now to understand the reason and to ask if they'd want the second copy returned....but without any reply.And while it's a fun, melodic and energetic score I enjoy a lot, I don't need two copies.

Anyone interested?

I realize the MAJOR appeal of this is for Scandinavian people, for which the film is an iconic, landmark item in popular culture (so I'm a bit biased), but I have to reiterate that I think it's a great score even for those who don't know the film. For me, this was the THE greatest archival release of 2015. I already own the CD, but I urge everyone to sign up for Martijn's offer!
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Martijn wrote
    So, here we go again.

Anyone interested?

I too got two copies. I stored it away sealed. It'll fund my retirement someday. wink
  6. Seriously, if Martijn's copy is gone and there is still interest, drop me a line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Really?
    You too?
    And without any info as well?

How weird!
  7. Well, Norwegians, you know? dizzy
  8. Thor, you disappoint me! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016
    It's actually the Danes, since the label which released the soundtrack is Danish.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Is it? There's something rotten in the state of denmark.

There actually is but that doesn't relate to film music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Volker,
    I'd be interested in the Lion in Winter. I'll email you and can provide me with an address and I'll send out the Badings to you.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Volker,
    I'd be interested in the Lion in Winter. I'll email you and can provide me with an address and I'll send out the Badings to you.
    Tom

When did Volker offer that? Must be ages ago..
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Jup. That copy has long since gone to Poland. Sorry, Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    no problem
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016
    Martijn wrote
    So, here we go again.

Anyone interested?

Alright, it's going to stealthy Joep (who apparently still lurks in these dark threads).
    Slightly surprised at the lack of interest for this one. It's really one of the more interesting archival releases of 2015!
    Anyway. Found a good home. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016 edited
    And whoops, I did it again! shocked What the f*ck is WRONG with me?!?

Anyway.

Accidentally ordered two copies of the (really quite wonderful!) La Cinéscénie Du Puy Du Fou (Georges Delerue).

So, giving it away.
    Drop me a line through PM, and in two weeks time (after Christmas) I'll draw a lucky winner and send it to you as a sort of post-Christmas blues chaser! smile

....and I just noticed I completely forgot to send Joep his copy of Pimchcliffe Grand Prix. shame
    Sorry mate!
    It's packaged now and ready to go out, only a year or so late...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016
    shocked Hah. Just one interested party so far! shocked
    For a Delerue!
    I'm kinda shocked, to be honest!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2016
    through my name in the hat.
    Tom
  11. Hey, Martijn, I was wondering if you could "accidentally" order two copies of "The Ten Commandments" box -- I could sure use one. ;-)

Martijn wrote
    shocked Hah. Just one interested party so far! shocked
    For a Delerue!
    I'm kinda shocked, to be honest!

I don't know what it sounds like. Music Box must have done something differently with their website's coding, because the sound files no longer show for me.