• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
    OK, here's the next giveaway:

THE TEMPEST - Elliot Goldenthal

There's a back story to this. I had already purchased the soundtrack months in advance when Elliot Goldenthal himself pulled up a copy from his bag after my Ghent interview and gave it to me. I couldn't say "no thank you, I already have it", so I gracefully accepted. However, it means that I have a duplicate copy which I'm now giving away.

PM me if you're interested.

I'll draw a winner in a week.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Which one are you giving away? The one he gave you or the other one?

I am sure you will know which is which. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Which one are you giving away? The one he gave you or the other one?

I am sure you will know which is which. wink

He, he...yeah. I'm keeping the one he gave me (for that simple reason) even though the cover looks a bit worn down compared to the one I bought first. But I'll be sending it without case anyway, so it doesn't really make a difference.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For the record, Timmer has described this as being 'artsy-fartsy'. That should be a selling point right there! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I PM'd you, Thor.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I got it.

Could someone edit the headline, please?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012
    Only one interested so far....this will be an easy match for Pawel if no one else butts in! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    I'll take a shot at it Thor!!
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  3. btw off topic The Tempest will be screened at the Kraków Film Music Festival and director Julie Taymor (and composer Goldenthal) will be in Cracow as well.

Back to topic. Thor, when will the result of the draw posted here?
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
    OK.

The constants, in the order of sent PM's, are:

1. Pawel Stroinski
    2. franz_conrad
    3. Mikal
    4. SiriusCreations
    5. sdtom

And the winner is......

http://celluloidtunes.net/non-website/m … sdraw6.jpg

SIRIUSCREATIONS!

Congrats. Send me your address by PM and I'll have it sent off.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Congrats Sirius!

Perhaps you can give it in Krakow?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Congrats Sirius!

Perhaps you can give it in Krakow?

Good idea, hadn't thought about that.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. The wave

That was exactly my idea and I was hoping Thor did the draw before the Kraków meeting so if I would be winner he could bring it with wink

Tnx for the congrats
  5. yay, another happy customer, congrats Sirius smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Thor gave me the Tempest cd in Cracow at the press conference. I listened to it in my car now, which was great. Although not let it signed I had a nice little conversation in the last official afterparty. He was interessted to meet us again in LA (during the John Williams / David Newman / SST Labour Day Weekend Gathering) if he is around. When more is official we will let you know.

I will take a look if I have another CD to give away. In the meantime others can offer one too of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012
    You can remove my title here now. Sirius got his CD several weeks ago! smile

I have plenty more to give away, but I'm gonna have a rest now and let someone else try.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012
    I have a goodly set as well, but I need to get organised a bit first.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. OK time again to get rid of an album I have twice in my collection.

The Thruman Show - Burkhard Dallwitz (and Philip Glass)

PM me if you want to own this (IMO) very nice CD.
    You can send that PM until the end of this month. I hope I can do the draw on July 1st.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    A fine album that I already have, hope you get some wants.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012 edited
    The Truman Show is definitely worth having.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    That's a very good and quite meditative album.
    I have it, otherwise I'd certainly be interested!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012
    Yeap, i have it too. Very, very good score for a touching movie.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. OK I'm interested. I have this on CD-R. Hoping to upgrade it to the real deal. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012
    I have one coming up real soon. It is a recalled 3 CD set featuring Gerhardt.
    listen to more classical music!
  9. ATM I have 4 names in the selection bowl. Plenty of room left to add more.
  10. I am sorry for this, but there seems to be not enough hours in a day. I am so busy with things, I can not do the traditional recording of the draw. I hope to find some during this week. If I receive PMs before I start the draw I will count them in. So now I have 5 names.
  11. 3... 2... 1... DRAW !!!!! wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  12. I am so sorry about this, the Draw will happen, but unfortunately I have so little time to do this. The last 2 weeks I was extremely busy. I can not promise anything, but I try to do it this evening when I get home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012 edited
    I take it you siriusly intend this draw being the most inspired creation ever. cheesy
  13. OK, here an anti climax.
    I am so busy I can not record the draw until next weekend. So I decided to leave that and use the Random.org site.
    If I disappoint you now, sorry for that, but I see some impatient posts here... so here the result

Result of Maintitles Truman Show Giveaway

Congrats to the winner.
    The winner can send me a PM with address details