• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LA MER - Claude Debussy

love

Vocals by Charles Trenet, right? wink

rolleyes biggrin

The Trenet song is lovely though. A lilting classic. I love it!

and one of those songs everybody knows but only when they've heard it wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
    A wonderful selection Tim
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2014
    We rarely disagree regarding "classical" Tom. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    One of the things that I like about you Tim is the broad range of likes in classical music which is on the same wavelength as mine.

Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Listening to Fibich again this morning.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014
    The repeated listens to Fibich are going to make my review better.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I look forward to it. I've never heard Fibich.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think you'll like him.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, as I have Spotify at my fingertips there are no excuses so time to give him a try...

NP : SYMPHONY # 1 - Zdenek Fibich

I'll let you know Tom smile
  1. 80s synthpop and new wave.

I bought a bunch of CD sets second hand for nex to no money. An anthology "Best of 1980-1990" the EMI did espacially for the German market based on popular requests back in the 90s. My 80s playlist now is at 200 songs precisely.

cool Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Voyager (1996) - Mike Oldfield

MO in Clannad territory. The second New Age styled album after the superb Songs of Distand Earth. Nice, but not one of his best.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014
    Mike oldnoooooooo
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Mike oldnoooooooo

You having a stroke or something??
  3. Probably.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Well, as I have Spotify at my fingertips there are no excuses so time to give him a try...

NP : SYMPHONY # 1 - Zdenek Fibich

I'll let you know Tom smile

You'll have to let me know what you think.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    80s synthpop and new wave.

I bought a bunch of CD sets second hand for nex to no money. An anthology "Best of 1980-1990" the EMI did espacially for the German market based on popular requests back in the 90s. My 80s playlist now is at 200 songs precisely.

cool Volker

Mine is at 165...which is quite amazing considering I've gone around for ages stating my intrinsic dislike or indeed all-out disgust with eighties' music in general.
    The numbers are proving me wrong. dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I've gone around for ages stating my intrinsic dislike or indeed all-out disgust with eighties' music in general.

When you say this what music are you on about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Eighties' music.
    In general.

No, I understand what you mean. For some reason seventies music has condensed itself in my mind to Baccara's Yes Sir I Can Boogie and eighties music to Wham's Wake me up Before you go go.

As you can hear MORE than reason enough to write off an entire decade.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/o … l-3fibich/

This is the review of the Fibich material. Somehow when I was listening to The Tempest I thought of the opening scene of Horror of Dracula and thought how nicely it would fit.
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Eighties' music.
    In general.

No, I understand what you mean. For some reason seventies music has condensed itself in my mind to Baccara's Yes Sir I Can Boogie and eighties music to Wham's Wake me up Before you go go.

As you can hear MORE than reason enough to write off an entire decade.

How very unfair. wink

The popular charts have always been full of dross right from its very beginnings but every year in every decade there are always treasures to be found.
  4. I love electronic, synth dominated music in all variations as long as it is about melodies. (Hence I hate techno.) What's more, synthpop/new wave was the pop music of my teenage years. It is my experience that the music you listen to in these years stays with people.
    My playlist is basically the recreation of the mixed tapes I recorded back then during radio chart shows + a number of songs I liked but did not catch. Remember that? You always hoped for clear reception, that they played the entire song, no cross fading, no moderator babble.
    The 90s were a black hole for me when it comes to pop music. That changed in the noughties when synthpop returned in new form.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When I think of the 70's it means Pink Floyd, Roxy Music, Led Zep, ELO, David Bowie, Mike Oldfield, Stevie Wonder and many others all at the very top of their game. As a child it was also a time when I had huge stacks of 45's by the likes of Sweet, Queen, T-Rex, Gary Glitter ( may this odious shit bag die slowly and painfully ), Alice Cooper, Donna Summer and so many others.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014 edited
    NP : THERE & BACK - Jeff Beck

One of the very best instrumental rock albums, melodic and full on, just brilliant!

If I did a 50 favourite non-film score non-classical albums ever this one would be between #'s 10-20
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote

How very unfair. wink

What is this strange thing 'fairness' you speak of? tongue

The popular charts have always been full of dross right from its very beginnings but every year in every decade there are always treasures to be found.

As I have noticed. smile
    It's honestly very interesting and refreshing to see one's preconceptions and prejudices -however well argued or strongly guarded- simply being obliterated by naked fact. smile
    Seriously, as little a thing as it is, it was rather an eye-opener to me. I was honestly convinced I disliked pretty much the entirety of that decade in pop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014
    I would like to see a best song top 50 from the movies.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Start one Tom. I'll definitely contribute.

It has to be songs specifically written for films of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    okay
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014 edited
    NP: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring audio book read by Robert Inglis

I've read and heard it a million times but it's soothing in its familiarity is that's what I need right now.smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Wrong thre--

audio book read by Robert Inglis

-- oh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
    What is the greatest song that has been written for a film, hmm? My first thoughts that come to the surface are Wizard of Oz, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Born Free, Goldfinger.
    Tom