• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
    As the wheels are beginning to turn the generator from the coffee intake Laura, Shadow of Your Smile, Rocky, all come to the surface.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think most would be a popular top 10, I think a list will get more diverse once you get past the top 10.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Lapti Nek

wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Lapti Nek

wink

biggrin

I would actually include Your ZOWIE Face from IN LIKE FLINT cheesy

( the rerecorded original album version of course )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and just in case you've never heard it

YOUR ZOWIE FACE

Unfortunately the album version I referred to isn't up on YT ( just the weedy version used in the film ), it has a lovely swing arrangement.
  2. freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I would actually include Your ZOWIE Face

Is this The Only Way Is Essex for Germans?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nailed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Zapping through TV channels I chanced upon a concert of Alan Parsons that took place in Madrid in 2004. While Parsons appears rather misplaced on stage - a big tapping bear wielding an inconsequential acoustic guitar - the music was great. The programme was dedicated to the memory of Eric Woolfson.

Volker

I have that show on a DVD -- their only live DVD, in fact. Nice show, although the original voices are missed. Wish I could see him live at some point.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014
    never heard or are even familiar with them.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  3. I guess Alan Parsons is largely a European affair, as was much of the progressive and electronica music of the 70s and 80s.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    I guess Alan Parsons is largely a European affair, as was much of the progressive and electronica music of the 70s and 80s.

Volker

I think so. They never quite caught on in the US.

Supertramp, however, is HUGE in Canada, so for some reason they managed to score highly in that particular North American market.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. All this talk about pseusio African clishes in music made me now listening to

Toto
    Rose Laurens
    USA for Africa
    Margaret Singana
    Shakira
    The Special Aka
    Ladysmith Black Mambazo (No cliche acutally, but the real thing. The album "Shaka Zulu" is intoxicating!)
    Paul Simon
    Miriam Makeba

Let's see what else I can think of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2014
    NP: The discographies of Ambrosia and Pilot...

Two prog/art rock bands with an Alan Parsons connection that I've meaning to check out properly for 20 years, but always postponed beyond the odd song. Spurred on now because of Pilot's upcoming APP tribute album.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2014 edited
    NP : MA VLAST - Bedrich Smetana

Absolutely perfect Saturday afternoon complete with Friday night hangover music. This is glorious music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2014
    Hangover you say?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Hangover you say?

biggrin

Do you know the Smetana work I'm playing? You should give it a listen, its like film music but good! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nope! But I'm in a bit of classical mood, so I'll give it a listen later. (On that wonderful thing, Spotify.) beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think you'll recognise one theme in the work, its been used many times in various TV docs, ads etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ma Vlast Bedřich Smetana

Oh my...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2014 edited
    Jumping in a bit late to add that 80's was a disgrace for humanity.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    80's rock! My favourite decade in music, at least pop music.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As I said earlier, every decade has it's good and bad. The 80's was a particularly exceptional time for film music.
  5. Thor wrote
    80's rock! My favourite decade in music, at least pop music.

punk kiss beer wave applause fireworks

smile V.

PS: But I do love the 60s too and quite abit of the 70s. The 90s were terrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, same here -- then again, we are basically clones when it comes to musical taste, Volker.

One difference, though -- while I don't connect with most of 90s pop and rock music, there is one sub-genre that I'm a huge fan of, namely EDM (electronic dance music). Paul Oakenfold, Juno Reactor, Max Graham, Paul van Dyk, Shpongle, Infected Mushroom and so on.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like a number of those too, particularly Shpongle and Oakenfold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oakenfold is really the granddaddy of all contemporary DJ'ing, and a brilliant composer/producer too, as evidenced by BUNKKA. Also, he's a big film music fan. There's this great video of him showing his favourites in his vinyl collection, and there are quite a few gems there. I think he even pulls out a Barry, I can't quite remember, and I couldn't find it on Youtube.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BEYONDNESS OF THINGS - John Barry

Stunning work!