• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    No, i missed that! Thanks for the headsup, off to check it out now!

Let us know what you thought of it?

First listen now!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    NP : HURRY UP, WE'RE DREAMING - M83

Excellent!

Is it the album with the 'outro' piece at the end?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : HURRY UP, WE'RE DREAMING - M83

Excellent!

Is it the album with the 'outro' piece at the end?

Yeap!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    NP : AMERICANS - John Barry

Howard Shore said how much he liked this album in an interview just after Barry passed away, man has good taste. love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    Oops. Wrong thread. Disregard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: HOW DARE YOU! (10CC)

Top class art/prog rock. This is one of my earliest albums in the genre, having had it on a cassette tape (that my father made) since the early 80's. Now upgraded to CD, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. NP: Albedo 0.39 - Vangelis

Those were the days ...

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Albedo 0.39 - Vangelis

Those were the days ...

Volker

Great minds think alike. I'm listening to that right now too!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Albedo 0.39 - Vangelis

Those were the days ...

Volker

Great minds think alike. I'm listening to that right now too!

beer
  3. NP: Heaven and Hell - Vangelis

An epic masterpiece!

Volker
  4. Yeah, I should get back to it soon.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013
    NP: CALLING ALL STATIONS (Genesis)

This one has gone in phases for me. First I loved it, then I felt kinda 'meh' and didn't understand why I bought it in the first place, now I like it again. dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013 edited
    NP: The Age Of Swing - the BBC Big Band Orchestra

Magnificent old school golden age big band jazz, played to technical perfection by one of the world's most proficient big bands.
    If I only have one minute quibble it may be that some of the performances could use a bit more passion...but then following Miller, Dorsey, Ellington and Basie is a pretty steep hill to climb and some truly epic boots to fill.
    I am enjoying this beautiful compilation for all it's worth.

Oh, and Pinetop's Boogie (best known in its Dorsey variant, usually just as 'Boogie Woogie') may well be the best damn boogie woogie ever written.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    NP: SYMPHONY EN UT/LE PERI/SORCERER AND THE APPRENTICE (Paul Dukas)

Great Lenny Slatkin recording with Orchestre National de France. It doesn't get more 'pre-cursory' to film music than this.

It was this piece ( and a few others ) that founded my love of orchestral music.

My first Timmer that had a flavor of orchestral music was Hamlet Fantasy Overture with Sir Adrian Boult and the London Philharmonic along with Scheherazade.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
    A 3 CD set of 40 years at Delos. While I have many of these I love the selection and there are some new ones to me.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013 edited
    NP: CHRONICLE, VOL. 2 (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

I never really got around to picking up their studio albums (COSMO'S FACTORY is highest on the list), but this compilation has been with me since the first days of CD collecting. Great raw, dusty rock'n'roll.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlingKong
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013
    Thor wrote

This one has gone in phases for me. First I loved it, then I felt kinda 'meh' and didn't understand why I bought it in the first place, now I like it again. dizzy

You know that Genesis is probably my no. 1 favourite band? cheesy Except for that album, of course... It has its moments, but doesn't come close to any of the other ones IMO. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013
    PlingKong wrote
    Thor wrote

You know that Genesis is probably my no. 1 favourite band? cheesy Except for that album, of course... It has its moments, but doesn't come close to any of the other ones IMO. smile

Yeah, Genesis is great, although it's a bit on/off to me (that includes their earlier, less poppy stuff). There are some really great tracks on this album, I think (that I've always liked) -- including "Congo", "Just Another Alien Afternoon" (which sounds kinda like good Sting) and "The Dividing Line". Apparently, I've started enjoying the other tracks again too.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013
    There is "good" Sting? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think so, yes. Especially if you include The Police. But I also like some of his solo work.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013 edited
    NP : FANTASIA ON A THEME BY THOMAS TALLIS - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Beyond film scores, beyond pop, beyond jazz or any other music is this, my Mount Everest of music standing head and shoulders above and beyond everything else.

This version is conducted by Sir Adrian Boult, it's the first version I heard.
  5. NP: "A Songwriter's Tale" - Mike Batt

A compalling compilations of calssic songs, most of them being inspired re-recordings.

Volker
  6. NP: Wagner Overtures & Preludes (Deutsche Grammophon)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0007DH … &psc=1

At 20 € still a budget CD given 140 minutes of outstanding recordings. These are historic recordings:

Herbert von Karajan; Berlin Philharmonics, 1966
    Karl Böhm; Vienna Philharmonics, 1979 & 1980
    Eugen Jochum; Bavaria Radio Symphonics; 1957
    Rafael Kubelik; Berlin Philharmonics; 1963

For all fans of Wagner non-vocal music classic recordings!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    ^
    Damn but I fancy listening to that......except that loads of my CD's are still packed away in boxes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: "A Songwriter's Tale" - Mike Batt

A compalling compilations of calssic songs, most of them being inspired re-recordings.

Volker

True. I really enjoyed it.
    I just wish he would have included sone more uptempo numbers in there as well!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES (Daft Punk)

Curiously little talk about this great album! Not all songs are great, but the ones that are are really wonderful. Especially "Giorgio by Moroder", "Get Lucky", "Contact" and a couple of others.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES (Daft Punk)

Curiously little talk about this great album! Not all songs are great, but the ones that are are really wonderful. Especially "Giorgio by Moroder", "Get Lucky", "Contact" and a couple of others.

I've heard it many times, it's Mel's album. I like it.
  7. My 70s pop playlist. Baccara's Yes, Sir, I Can Boogie must have the most erotic intro ever.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    My 70s pop playlist. Baccara's Yes, Sir, I Can Boogie must have the most erotic intro ever.

Volker

biggrin

I'll raise you a DONNA