• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    Yeah, but I've never written a shorthand date a 5.5 so I had no idea what you were on about. biggrin
  1. I thought of the episode as well.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009 edited
    *spoiler below*

5.12 Dead Is Dead - "To atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged." shocked shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorGreekfoX
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    *spoiler below*

5.12 Dead Is Dead - "To atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged." shocked shocked

You're lucky I had already read that and seen the trailer! But could you please use the spoiler thingy that makes spoilers invisible? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009 edited
    My bad. [spoiler]But I did give you fair warning.[/spoiler] tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorGreekfoX
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    Episode 5x12 "Dead is dead" - Ben centric

Comments:

[spoiler]First of all, I thought it was really, really good. We got a better insight of Ben's life and character - although still a lot of things remain to be explained. For example, all his actions so far were to protect the island (or Alex for example). And his explained reasonably why he killed John - it made sense. But why does he wish to kill him again? It's clearly not what the island wants.

The flashbacks were fun to watch. I was also happy to see the temple pop up again and we've caught a first glimpse of the interior. We know how the monster is summoned, although I don't understand why. And we are certain now that the monster is indeed judging people.

I was overjoyed that Desmond and Penny are fine! I was really fearing about Penny's life! And I am really glad that Ben changed his mind about killing her.

The new John - he is just annoying. He told Ben "You know what it was like for me" but why is he keeping Sun out of it for example?

As for 316 survivors... Could Ilana and her partners be Widmore people?
    [/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    One of the best episodes ever IMO, both story and music wise.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Monster! shocked

While it was still quite a messy episode (it's all over the place) the whole monster thing saved it. So many new questions as to what the hell it is. dizzy

Music wise...meh. I'm gonna have to go through this whole season again as there was one new motif this episode and another that appeared earlier on but I don't remember where (He's Our You maybe).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    5x12, Possibly one of most impressive LOST episodes ever! So if i got it right, the monster judges you and lets you live or die accordingly? Thus, this is why some people escaped from it and others (like Mr.Eko) don't? 'Cause of your actions?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009 edited
    Btw, Ben rules. Locke had always ruled and he rules even more. Period.

On a sidenote, here's Hurley. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Btw, Ben rules. Locke had always ruled and he rules even more. Period.

Yes, but I think Sawyer has been the best character this season. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009 edited
    5x12 was great, but it explained too many things (wich sure we will see again in another flashback) too fast. I mean, Ben-Widmores realation deserves a better presentation, and Alex kiddnaping more than 2 seconds.

Stephen Williams direction is becoming really irregular.

This season lacks of focus.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    This season lacks of focus.

Yes!

Nautilus wrote
    and Alex kiddnaping more than 2 seconds.

Yeah, that was stupid. It was just...over. And I WISH they would just stop putting Ethan in everything. Not every character has to have been seen before. rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Its aptly named , Im LOST!!!

Fringe is back so Im happy!!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Get out. I may not be enjoying Lost this season, but it's still a million times better than Fringe! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorGreekfoX
    Christodoulides wrote
    5x12, Possibly one of most impressive LOST episodes ever! So if i got it right, the monster judges you and lets you live or die accordingly? Thus, this is why some people escaped from it and others (like Mr.Eko) don't? 'Cause of your actions?

It not only judges you on your past actions. It mostly judges on the reasons you provide for these actions. Remember that Eko escaped the first time. But the second time he stated clearly that he did not regret for what he did and that was the life given to him. That's when the monster killed him. Which is why Ben was talking to the flashbacks while he was surrounded by the monster. He was clearly and genuinely upset for the things he did (like Alex dying because of him) which is why the monster let him live.

What surprises me is that other things, way more obvious, did not pop up, such as Ben responsible for Goodwin's death, shooting and killing Locke, making the lives of the Losties miserable, threatening to kill them, imprisoning them, mistreating Karl, shooting Abaddon, etc etc etc... Could it be that all those things were indeed Jacob's orders and/or that Ben was doing them for the greater good without any hesitation, doubt and guilt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DOn't know, maybe; he seems pretty convinced and dedicated; or maybe he's just a pshycho wink But what is the monster? Those hieroglyphics and ancient Egyptian marks on the rock are for real?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What was the rule Ben broke though? And why did Widmore say Ben tricked him into leaving the island?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DOn't know, maybe; he seems pretty convinced and dedicated; or maybe he's just a pshycho wink But what is the monster? Those hieroglyphics and ancient Egyptian marks on the rock are for real?

or maybe the monster doesn't judge for his own criteries. Maybe the monster judges what you feel guilty about. And that's why people without guilty feeling can't go to the island.

Anyway, since this episode is not by Damon and Calton I don't expect a perfect resolution of this questions.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

or maybe the monster doesn't judge for his own criteries. Maybe the monster judges what you feel guilty about. And that's why people without guilty feeling can't go to the island.

I wonder what Vincent did to allow him to end up on the island. Attacked a bird? Shat on the pavement?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I wonder what Vincent did to allow him to end up on the island. Attacked a bird? Shat on the pavement?

Vincent is vincent? Locke is locke? Dead is Dead.

Maybe this 2 are the monster manifestations... tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Jack's sandwich is the monster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Locke is locke? Dead is Dead.

That´s interesting. Locke is Locke? or Locke is Cabin Locke the same way Christian is Cabin Christian?
    But, if Locke is Cabin Locke, are the Others supposed to be ruled by a ghost?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm hoping that with all the weird stuff that's been happening, Jacob is actually a normal person.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hmm...I still have my doubts whether I want Jacob to be a human being or a supernatural creature.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm longing for an explanation of something that's normal. It would be great if one of the biggest mysteries had an incredibly simple explanation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I´m afraid thay will save the Jacob affair for the last season (still, I wouldn´t bet a single euro that they are gonna explain who / what Jacob is).
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    I´m afraid thay will save the Jacob affair for the last season (still, I wouldn´t bet a single euro that they are gonna explain who / what Jacob is).

Jacob appears in the season finale. He visits our "friends" in his most important moments in his life.

We even Knows who the actor plays the character.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote

We even Knows who the actor plays the character.

Who is the actor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus