• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "The", "Good" "the".

I concur.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. CONAN THE BARBARIAN

By Poledouris of course. The re-recording is a fantastic piece of work and all I'll ever need.

OOOOOH YEAH BABY !!!!! punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
    Whoah, freaky! That's what I'm listening to! Pure awesomeness! beer
  3. dizzy

For real? Must be some kind of inter-global psychic connection we're not aware of. That's scary! freezing

Or we just like to spend our time listening to epic music. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. What's really freaky is that I started listening to it straight after I read the comments!!

Coincidence or what?

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Truly I was up to The Tree Of Woe when I read your post.
    And yes, it is epic music indeed! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    What's really freaky is that I started listening to it straight after I read the comments!!

Coincidence or what?

wink

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Hans Zimmer

Because....you can read my Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows review in english. I just made the translation. You can read about HZ Charitable fundation in my article.
    punk punk punk punk punk punk
    http://nueva.bsospirit.com/index.php/se … ws-english
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm 16 tracks in (about 40 minutes) and I already want to turn Prometheus off. It's not bad it's just there is zero variation. Same bleak sound design, choir, lower growling strings, a few Goldsnethalesque action cues... oh hum. I have about 16 minutes left but I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Man, does Streitenfeld have a huge hard-on for Goldenthal's Alien3. Wow! "Hello Mommy" is pretty much "Bait and Chase."

Wait a minute... there's Jerry's theme. "Friend from the Past." Neat arrangement.

I'll let this play out so see if there are any more surprises or just more of the same.

-Erik-

great news for me. because what I wanted is an atmospheric score to get in.
    In fact, I think I'm going to skip HGW, not because it's not good, but because I want no themes.
    Im going to check it as soon as I can smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm 16 tracks in (about 40 minutes) and I already want to turn Prometheus off. It's not bad it's just there is zero variation. Same bleak sound design, choir, lower growling strings, a few Goldsnethalesque action cues... oh hum. I have about 16 minutes left but I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Man, does Streitenfeld have a huge hard-on for Goldenthal's Alien3. Wow! "Hello Mommy" is pretty much "Bait and Chase."

Wait a minute... there's Jerry's theme. "Friend from the Past." Neat arrangement.

I'll let this play out so see if there are any more surprises or just more of the same.

-Erik-

great news for me. because what I wanted is an atmospheric score to get in.
    In fact, I think I'm going to skip HGW, not because it's not good, but because I want no themes.
    Im going to check it as soon as I can smile

I listened to the tracks posted on youtube, it's very atmospheric and I quite like what I've heard so far.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DREAMCATCHER - James Newton Howard

A good score, a shame it's missing some fine tracks from the film.
  5. Never heard that one, but I saw the mediocre film once.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Second listen of PROMETHEUS today went a little better than the first. However, I am going weed out a good handful of tracks to get to the meaty portions of the score a lot quicker.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Never heard that one, but I saw the mediocre film once.

A very mediocre film to a very good Stephen King novel, Lawrence Kasdan continues his downward spiral unfortunately.

I think the score is very good, well worth your time and a listen Gilles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Second listen of PROMETHEUS today went a little better than the first. However, I am going weed out a good handful of tracks to get to the meaty portions of the score a lot quicker.

-Erik-

First listen. I'm surprised....much more orchestral and melodic than I expected. Ironically it makes this score less interesting to me. I wanted something working underneath, atmospheric. creepy. And I find it quite enjoyable.
    I never expected that I could call "dull and average" and score with this "agressive and dissonant" ellioth goldenthal trademarks, but Prometheus is dull and average.

Even Goldsmith's Alien reprise is...cold and uninspired. I can see Marc trying only to make happy Ridley.

To conclude, I can't call this album neither the music bad. But It's not interesting either. let's see how it works in the movie, but this A.I chorus elements....oops!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: PROMETHEUS - Marc Streitenfeld, HGW

The more I hear this, the more I get out of it.
    It's growing on me with each listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012 edited
    NP: Prometheus - Marc Streitenfeld

My third listen... this time only about 30 minutes of the score. Let see (hear) how this works! BTW, I really do love Streitenfeld's bold main theme heard in the first track! Also "Going In" is really unique to the Alien musical legacy. I don't even know what to call this type of scoring?! It's a bizarre industrial sounding cue which I absolutely dig! Those flutes (which might be electronically altered) are freaky.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Event Horizon - Michael Kamen with Orbital

For some reason while listen to Prometheus all I could think about was this extraordinary score by Kamen and Orbitial. I wrote a post about the score back in 2009.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Event Horizon - Michael Kamen with Orbital

For some reason while listen to Prometheus all I could think about was this extraordinary score by Kamen and Orbitial. I wrote a post about the score back in 2009.

-Erik-

It IS an extraordinary score. I like it a lot but I have to be in a particular rare mood.

I wish I could find an interview done with Paul & Phil Hartnoll which was done in some British magazine ( I have a feeling it was GQ ), the interview was conducted ( no pun intended ) with John Barry at Barry's house and was fascinating with them all talking about their different approaches to music, this is how I found out they were fans of John Barry's music. Oddly I've never heard any samples of Barry in any of their work, at least not to my knowledge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Prometheus - Marc Streitenfeld

My third listen... this time only about 30 minutes of the score. Let see (hear) how this works! BTW, I really do love Streitenfeld's bold main theme heard in the first track! Also "Going In" is really unique to the Alien musical legacy. I don't even know what to call this type of scoring?! It's a bizarre industrial sounding cue which I absolutely dig! Those flutes (which might be electronically altered) are freaky.

-Erik-

I agree with you.

I enjoy the album and the sound. But...I think it's quite enjoyable and I can't see this working in the movie.
    But it's really an interesting score for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You CAN'T see this working in the movie????? What is your reasoning behind that thought?

-Erik-
  6. Prometheus Streitenfeld

About half way through my first listen and loving what I'm hearing.
  7. NP: Star Wars: Kinetic - Gordy Haab & Kyle Newmaster

Quite liking this video game score - and very much in the style of John Williams. Take a listen here:

http://soundcloud.com/zachcw3pr/sets/ki … oundtrack/
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
    Temp love to the nth degree.

-Erik-
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Temp love to the nth degree.

-Erik-

Unoriginal, so dismiss?
  9. FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Wars: Kinetic - Gordy Haab & Kyle Newmaster

Quite liking this video game score - and very much in the style of John Williams. Take a listen here:

http://soundcloud.com/zachcw3pr/sets/ki … oundtrack/

I still prefer 'The Old Republic' which also sounds pretty close the the maestro. It's the Mark Griskey & Lennie Moore blend that works a bit better IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Usually following in Williams' footsteps doesn't bother me but hearing uninspired variations on The Chase Through Coruscant music, for instance, makes me want to reach for the far superior originals. Why do these composers have to rip off already existing cues? And wha the hell was that awful Herrmann rip off cue? No thanks.

-Erik-
  10. The action music sounds all over the place, too chaotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It fits the Williams prequel style.

-Erik-