• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012
    NP : BACKDRAFT - Hans Zimmer

Not a bad hangover cure biggrin cool dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    His best score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's one of my HZ favourites.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    What the hell was that? An acronym? From Timmer?

shocked

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shame
  1. LSH wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Downton Abbey - John Lunn

cool

Didn't even know this was available. I didn't even watch the show, despite the almost sarcastic level of buzz it created here in the UK. What's it like?

I love it -- the show and the music. It's early 20th century drama with a chamber orchestra providing the score. I recommend it.
  2. Timmer wrote
    It's one of my HZ favourites.

Harry Zimmerman?

;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012
    Field of Dreams - James Horner

Really lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Independence Day - David Arnold

Dazzling!

-Erik-

punk punk punk punk punk

Isn't it unbelievable this man David Arnold has now completely vanished off the face of the earth? sad

I expect he's busy organising music for the Olympics.

What is he actually doing for the olympics? Is he composing new music, or arranging existing music, or simply 'producing' music? (Perhaps an olympic-like version of his Shaken & Stirred album?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012
    I really don't know other than that he is involved. I hope something good comes from it.
  3. I am assuming it will be a bit of new music and a bunch of "oldies" signifying Britishness.

I think he is recording the music at the moment.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. NP: "Warsaw Concerto" - Richard Addinsell

This is a piece that I remember from my childhood - and may be the only "film music" that my mum ever bought. But probably not knowingly as it was on an LP of other piano pieces.

The piece was written for the 1941 film Dangerous Moonlight. The film-makers wanted a piece that was Rachmaninoff-like but could not persuade that composer to write a piece. The melody was later borrowed for a pop-y love song:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-World-Outsi … amp;sr=1-1
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - HORNER

From where I'm sitting, there's nothing amazing about this Spider-man. I'm now in my third listen and I find it even more unfocused and uninspired as my initial listen. It's full of hints of his other work, the referencing is sometimes completely out of place or makes no sense in the track. The best example of this is track 2 (what the hell is the Star Trek rising motif doing there if it doesn't amount to anything interesting). The action music is dull and lifeless, some of the most stale I've heard him do yet. The only thing good I like about this score is the main theme and it's used best in the opening track.

It's been a long time I've been so utterly disappointed by a new Horner score but I fear people having bought this after hearing clips and hoping to hear the Horner of old will disappointed too. I too was intruiged when I heard the clips, I was convinced the many old-school touches would be moulded into a grand action adventure score like he was able to do so well in the old days. I was wrong... This score makes The Karate Kid, which I like quite a lot, sound like a masterpiece. I'd rather see him continue on the Black Gold road in the future. But I'm not looking forward to hear him do a sequel of this. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    His best score!

-Erik-

After The Thin Red Line and Gladiator smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Here are my favourite Zimmers, the ones which absolutely rock my world punk

Backdraft
    The Lion King
    Crimson Tide
    Broken Arrow
    The Prince of Egypt
    Gladiator
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    NP : THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - Thomas Newman

I think it was probably Lee ( LSH ) who said I'd like this one, you were right mate, bloody well love it. This is going to get a lot of plays from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012
    Conan the Barbarian - Bas

This is at the top of the list of scores I should listen to more often. Really looking forward to Intrada's remastered album so I can listen in decent sound for the first time.
  7. Amazing Spider Man - James Horner

I can't put my finger on it, but I'm really enjoying this score more and more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - Thomas Newman

I think it was probably Lee ( LSH ) who said I'd like this one, you were right mate, bloody well love it. This is going to get a lot of plays from me.

It was me and it's good to hear that you like it! beer
  8. NP: L'Enfer (Bruno Alexiu)

Effective moody jazz score with some Herrmannesque and psychedelic passages. Feels like a missing score from the period the documentary is set in.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  9. Whispers in the Dark - Thomas Newman

Oh my. This is really fucking good.
  10. It's amazing how this score presages some of Newman's more famous scores such as American Quilt and Shawshank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012 edited
    Aliens - James Horner

Blows my socks off each time ! (though I'm not wearing any now ... biggrin )
    One of my favourite scores ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Amazing Spider Man - James Horner

Let me help you. It.is.awesome.
  11. Demetris wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Let me help YOU.

Krull is awesome.

This is not.

Oh no here we go again... knight
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
  12. Eric wrote
    Aliens - James Horner

Blows my socks off each time ! (though I'm not wearing any now ... biggrin )
    One of my favourite scores ...

This is awesome too. Genuinely exciting and fully developed action music.

And it has Bishop's Countdown.

Everything Spider-man doesn't have. devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Let me help YOU.

Krull is awesome.

This is not.

Oh no here we go again... knight

Yeah. Krull you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I still haven't listened to it yet but it sure seems to divide people.