• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Thomas Newman

From Whispers to this, this is much more pleasant. "Road to Jaipur" is too short!!

Make sure you check the film out too, it is very heartwarming.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. AMERICAN HISTORY X - ANNE DUDLEY

Powerful and incredibly moving music. In part because of Dudley's fantastic score, I happen to love the film as well, benefiting from maybe Edward Norton's finest performance yet. Ever since first seeing it, the film has more than a few scenes which are printed in my brain for eternity.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Days of Thunder - Hans Zimmer

I still love this score so much. I would love a complete version of this score if a label would release it. I'll pay the $19.99 or $24.99 like previous Zimmer releases. PLEASE!!!!! I NEED THIS!!
  2. lp wrote

I still love this score so much. I would love a complete version of this score if a label would release it. I'll pay the $19.99 or $24.99 like previous Zimmer releases. PLEASE!!!!! I NEED THIS!!

Seconded ! I would love to see this released. One of those early Zimmers that has become one of many guilty pleasures. It may not be great film music, but it does the bring plenty of excitement and coolness to the film. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    For a Few Dollars More - Ennio Morricone

Brilliant. The two main themes are amongst my favourite of his western compositions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    I must say I'm impressed by the durability of that phrase in Steven's signature. By drawing attention to it, I'm sure I've doomed it. punk

More a case of being incredulous to Thor's incessant need to repeatedly remind us of what we all know! biggrin (And that's from lurking only every so often! shocked )

NP The Amazing Spider-Man James Horner

I think I prefer this to Elfman's score. I suppose only time will tell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    lp wrote

Seconded ! I would love to see this released. One of those early Zimmers that has become one of many guilty pleasures. It may not be great film music, but it does the bring plenty of excitement and coolness to the film. cool

Thirded! It almost made my Top 10 list that I mentioned earlier.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Hans would *very much* differ biggrin

It's a really average score for me, but then again I am not a huge fan of his earliest works.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Anybody who's tried and succeeded:

One or two of you may remember my post a few months ago about CD's in the trunk of my car, including the Bernstein Box from Varese, getting water damaged when rain somehow managed to get in and soak things.

I was re-checking my CD's today and one of them ("Innerspace") -- the front booklet has stuck to the CD. I ripped them apart and there's dried parts stuck to the CD.

I've e-mailed LLLRs about a possible new set of inserts, but I suspect after all this time there wouldn't be any -- we'll see.

But the question is: what method would you suggest for removing the dried, caked on insert bits on the top of the CD? Rubbing alcohol? Just soap and water? What?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. It's tricky. Whatever you do you need to make sure you don't lift off the label on the CD. In my experience that comes off very easily. And that will knacker your CD - I assume because the underside has the silvered surface.

You may have to try and rip CD first as a back-up.

I haven't found a good way. Sorry.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. When I say "top" I don't mean the playing side.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Okay. I read the "top" as being the side of CD that has the label on: the uppermost side.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012
    ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - Rust and Bones (2012)

Do not like this 2012 Desplat doing Santaolallaisms, at all.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Demetris wrote

Just to be safe, they should probably award Gustavo the next Academy Award.
  9. justin boggan wrote
    Demetris wrote

Just to be safe, they should probably award Gustavo the next Academy Award.

One of the many perplexities of the Academy Awards: Santaolalla having 2 Oscars and Thomas Newman having 0.
  10. Wolfen - James Horner

Even at a relatively young age, Horner had a gift for scoring film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Vamos A Matar Companeros - Ennio Morricone

Utterly ludicrous and utterly brilliant. Only Morricone could do something like this.
  11. I decided to give MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III another go earlier today and I was amazed at my own ability to totally enjoy it, for the first time. I remember being turned off by the lack of melody and the repetitive nature of the writing when it came out, and I quickly dismissed it as a mediocre action score. Not so anymore, as of today... 4 stars it is! This was actually on my pile of scores to sell, for many months. It has now found its place again in my collection. cool
  12. LAIR - JOHN DEBNEY

Only word is appropriate to describe it: MASSIVE !!!!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DreamTheater wrote
    LAIR - JOHN DEBNEY

Massive is the EXACT word to describe it smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    El Greco - Ennio Morricone

A breathtaking work - one of his best. Vaguely liturgical choral writing as only he could do.
  13. I've been listening to the LOTR in symphony.
    Luis (from ubeda) posted it on his facebook wall, and I've been listening to it tonight.

God, I love this music...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  14. Southall wrote
    El Greco - Ennio Morricone

A breathtaking work - one of his best. Vaguely liturgical choral writing as only he could do.

Just bought this on iTunes. Thanks for bringing to my attention!
    punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2012
    Marselus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    LAIR - JOHN DEBNEY

Massive is the EXACT word to describe it smile

VERY un-original too. Very enjoyable though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  15. Yeah, as much as I like Lair (even if I haven't listened to it for years), the EXACT word to describe it is...

Derivative.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  16. Couple hours going through a couple promo CD's, picking out cues, titling them by emotions ("drama", "majestic", etc.), typing it up, making a letter, all in the hopes of getting the composer a film that hasn't chosen one quite yet. Off to mail it to the director per the address he gave me, tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    John Carter - Michael Giacchino

Quite like this even if there's plenty of padding (it's at least semi-interesting padding!). The main theme is a good one and the action music, when it arrives, is top-notch. I especially love the late Goldsmith-influenced 'Apes' cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, as much as I like Lair (even if I haven't listened to it for years), the EXACT word to describe it is...

Derivative.

More please!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  17. DreamTheater wrote
    I decided to give MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III another go earlier today and I was amazed at my own ability to totally enjoy it, for the first time. I remember being turned off by the lack of melody and the repetitive nature of the writing when it came out, and I quickly dismissed it as a mediocre action score. Not so anymore, as of today... 4 stars it is! This was actually on my pile of scores to sell, for many months. It has now found its place again in my collection. cool

4 stars? really?

I admit that I have to listen to it for the first time, but I've heard it twice in the film, and 4 stars is so far not what I had in mind
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  18. DreamTheater wrote
    I decided to give MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III another go earlier today and I was amazed at my own ability to totally enjoy it, for the first time. I remember being turned off by the lack of melody and the repetitive nature of the writing when it came out, and I quickly dismissed it as a mediocre action score. Not so anymore, as of today... 4 stars it is! This was actually on my pile of scores to sell, for many months. It has now found its place again in my collection. cool

4 stars? really?

I admit that I have to listen to it for the first time, but I've heard it twice in the film, and 4 stars is so far not what I had in mind

It took me a while to appreciate MI:III despite repeted listen. But now, I really like it, even more than part IV (that one is really good too!)