• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012
    NP: An Everlasting Piece - Hans Zimmer & The Jigs

I enjoy the silliness in the last track.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Hans Zimmer - Aurora

Beautiful choral arrangement of The Dark Knight Rises thematic material (one of the Bane motifs + the "Orphan" theme) Hans recorded days after the shooting in the Colorado cinema during the film's premiere. Hans could record it, because he was already in London for the Tuesday premiere of the film.

Really beautiful piece harkening at Arvo Part and at Richard Harvey Kyrie for the Magdalene piece. I am listening to it on youtube, but when money allows, I will buy it off iTunes the help the charity. Hans donates everything to a victim relief fund. You can hear it here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA - Ennio Morricone

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : A BEAUTIFUL MIND - James Horner

Taking this play to bed with me, doubt I'll hear the end as I'm mashed./ spin

beer

The Avengers - Alan Silvestri

Very entertaining.

Popped it in again thanks to your review, after a long time of no-play time. I concur, dear sir.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Message - Maurice Jarre

The kind of Jarre I love. Grand, sweeping, epic.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012
    Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri

Hearing it on CD again and again has forced me to grant this score the status it truly deserves. I now love it - finally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Escape from New York - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth

One of my favourite movies and I love the score as much ...
    Those were the days that every Carpenter movie was a joy to watch ...
    Has anyone seen "The Ward" yet , his latest film ?
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote

'Escape' was so much fun. I haven't seen a Carpenter movie in years, he got progressively worse until I gave up.

Has he made anything decent in recent times?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012 edited
    The Ward is his latest film Tim but I haven't seen it yet ... It's been a good 10 years since his last film Ghosts of Mars . He did some tv stuff in between , but that was it ... The Fog , The Thing , Christine , Starman , Big Trouble in Little China , Prince of Darkness , They Live , Memoirs of an Invisible Man were all good fun to me ... His later work like In The Mouth of Madness , Village of the Damned , Vampires , Escape from LA did a bit less for me ... Though Kurt Russel is again awesome in Escape from LA ... Kurt IS Snake Plissken ... smile
    Looks like Mr Carpenter is sadly having a hard time getting projects of the ground ...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    The Ward is his latest film Tim but I haven't seen it yet ... It's been a good 10 years since his last film Ghosts of Mars . He did some tv stuff in between , but that was it ... The Fog , The Thing , Christine , Starman , Big Trouble in Little China , Prince of Darkness , They Live , Memoirs of an Invisible Man were all good fun to me ... His later work like In The Mouth of Madness , Village of the Damned , Vampires , Escape from LA did a bit less for me ... Though Kurt Russel is again awesome in Escape from LA ... Kurt IS Snake Plissken ... smile
    Looks like Mr Carpenter is sadly having a hard time getting projects of the ground ...

Escape From L.A. had it's moments but suffered from very cheap and ropey looking effects. 'Mars', 'Village' and Vampires were the last Carpenter films I saw and all were dreadful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Brr , there's something knockin' at my door ...

The Fog - John Carpenter

I don't know what happened to Antonio Bay tonight . Something came out of the fog and tried to destroy us . In one moment , it vanished . But if this has been anything but a nightmare , and if we don't wake up to find ourselves safe in our beds , it could come again . To the ships at sea who can hear my voice , look across the water , into the darkness . Look for the fog ...

Btw , the 2005 remake was just dreadful !
  2. Eric wrote

I have seen The Ward Eric and it's nothing like the John Carpenter movies he's known for. It's just like another teenage horror ghost movie of which we see them too much today, it's at times quite boring, at times mediocre. I give it a 5 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Lady in the Water - James Newton Howard

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    Brr , there's something knockin' at my door ...

The Fog - John Carpenter

I don't know what happened to Antonio Bay tonight . Something came out of the fog and tried to destroy us . In one moment , it vanished . But if this has been anything but a nightmare , and if we don't wake up to find ourselves safe in our beds , it could come again . To the ships at sea who can hear my voice , look across the water , into the darkness . Look for the fog ...

Btw , the 2005 remake was just dreadful !

A remake in 2005? confused

EDIT: I just looked it up, I'll give it a miss. wink

Dare I ask, what was Graeme Revell's score like?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE AVENGERS - Alan Silvestri

Not brilliant but still darned enjoyable, 2nd best superhero score this year after The Amazing Spiderman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Year One in the North - Michiru Oshima

Stunning!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote

It's effective in the movie Tim but as a stand alone listening experience it isn't my kinda thing ...
    There are some tracks of it on Youtube if you wanna give it a listen ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHXBpLyCt8
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I have seen The Ward Eric and it's nothing like the John Carpenter movies he's known for. It's just like another teenage horror ghost movie of which we see them too much today, it's at times quite boring, at times mediocre. I give it a 5 out of 10

Thanks Thomas , I'll let this one pass then . Even the trailer didn't get me exited when I saw it . Has maestro Carpenter lost his magic then ?
  3. Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Thanks Thomas , I'll let this one pass then . Even the trailer didn't get me exited when I saw it . Has maestro Carpenter lost his magic then ?

I don't think you can lose your touch, but the demand is now different. Now it has to be fast, while Carpenter was all about slow mood
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's effective in the movie Tim but as a stand alone listening experience it isn't my kinda thing ...
    There are some tracks of it on Youtube if you wanna give it a listen ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHXBpLyCt8

Your link doesn't work but don't worry I found it myself and yes, I agree with you Eric, not my kind of thing for personal listening enjoyment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't think you can lose your touch, but the demand is now different. Now it has to be fast, while Carpenter was all about slow mood

Oh, you can lose your touch ( Coppola's Godfather III anyone? ).
  4. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Oh, you can lose your touch ( Coppola's Godfather III anyone? ).

haven't seen it shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hope you've seen the first two.
  5. Timmer wrote
    I hope you've seen the first two.

no shame shame shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Shame! wave <-wags finger
  6. Cristian wrote
    Year One in the North - Michiru Oshima

Stunning!

This is a very good score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. Timmer wrote
    Shame! wave <-wags finger

no reason to argue, you're right
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I played earlier in the day Frederic Talgorn's brilliant score to HEAVY METAL 2000. IMO, it's one of the finest sci-fi scores I've ever heard!

I'm currently spinning James Horner's THE PELICAN BRIEF. Lots of nostalgia with this one. This was one of my earliest Horner scores and I spun it to death back in the day. Listening to it now and I still consider it one of Horner's very best suspense/thriller scores with a dynamite theme and one of the best finale cues you'll ever hear!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. The Pelican Brief is to me one of the weirdest Horner experiences. I utterly *hate* the score in the film, it is simply to jarring, but the album is much better. I remember that in the movie the score heavily angered me rather than building suspense or things like that.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I need to revisit the film but I do remember cues like Garage Chase and Airport Goodbye to be outstanding in the film!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!