• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012
    Something trivial on your mind? Post it here.

I just saw a picture of Justin Beiber and the word 'oik' immediately sprung into mind.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    'Synthy' is a new word to the English language
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I predict this thread will become the most popular thread on MT. Random posting is our speciality.

Anyway, I like cheese.

Peter smile
  1. sdtom wrote
    'Synthy' is a new word to the English language

Not in this house it's not! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Random thought? "Tumbleweed. Can that be a thought or just a word?"
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It can have human form when Sunil told "jokes".
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Larson is my all time favourite funny cartoonist beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I like potatoe chips.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    Larson is my all time favourite funny cartoonist beer

Mine too! beer

I have all his drawings. Don't think I've missed out on any of them.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    An EVERY SINGLE DAY random thought for you thunderer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    I like potatoe chips.

So do I, but I've not had potato chips for years. This strikes me as odd.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012 edited
    In my house children's vitamins are call smarmits!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    In my house children's vitamins are call smarmits!

-Erik-

Another new word?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012 edited
    Credit goes to my almost 3 year old daughter! I have no idea how she got smarmits from vitamins. And we never corrected her. biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Credit goes to my almost 3 year old daughter! I have no idea how she got smarmits from vitamins. And we never corrected her. biggrin

-Erik-

From Smarties maybe?? ( I'm presuming you have Smarties in Canada? a tube of coloured candy chocolate buttons ) When I was into serious weight training, Smarties was gym lingo for steroids.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I've never understood how Smarties and M&Ms produce the same things, but they never seem to sue each other. Looking it up on wiki, Smarties started in 1937 and M&M's in 1941. I guess M&M put an M on the candy to avoid lawsuits.

Peter smile
  3. If I had boobs, would I play with them?

tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    Stupidly really , I never realised they are the same thing, now you are telling me.... I prefer M&M's, for some reason.....guess there are more in a packet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    justin boggan wrote
    If I had boobs, would I play with them?

tongue

I wouldn't leave the house.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    utelark wrote
    Stupidly really , I never realised they are the same thing, now you are telling me.... I prefer M&M's, for some reason.....guess there are more in a packet!

Hehe, yes, I prefer M&M's more too. I think they somehow taste better, and they also come in that peanut variety, which is even better than the normal M&M's.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Smarties, M&M's ....all is good! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    and to my knowledge smarties aren't available in the US
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    sdtom wrote
    and to my knowledge smarties aren't available in the US
    so what is your favourite sweet everybody?

Poor Americans......but then..they have great doughnuts!
  4. plindboe wrote
    I love Gary Larson-> http://www.divinesecretsofadomesticdiva … -touch.png

Peter biggrin

When Anne and I were in San Francisco many years ago we managed to go to a Larson exhibition. It was so funny!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I can imagine!

Peter biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you have a particular favourite Larson cartoon Peter?
  5. For completists, if you want every The far Side cartoon, you ahve to buy:

All the big anthology volumes. Skip the little thin ones -- the only thing you'll miss are the covers on them.

PreHistory of The Far Side (contains early sketches, early takes on some comics, comics from an early comic he did under another name, letters from irate readers, stories, etc.).

Last Chapter and Worse (the last comics he did for it before retiring, and 13 more he drew after retirement -- so you've not seen them unless you have the book -- a couple classics in those)

And the two Halloween animated specials on DVD. One was not shown on TV.

That's it. Any other repackaging just contains a cover not found inside any of those.

There's a Hair In My Dirt, though by Larson and in his The Far Side drawing style, is not part of it. And it's ridicuously childish. This is mroe for reading to your children before they're old enough for The Far Shide.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

From Smarties maybe?? ( I'm presuming you have Smarties in Canada? a tube of coloured candy chocolate buttons ) When I was into serious weight training, Smarties was gym lingo for steroids.

That makes a lot sense. Now that I think of it I think she might have called smarties smarmits as well. Mmmm... You know my kids better than I do. Hey...

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Call me Sherlock Tim wink