• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013
    You two should go on Britain's Got Talent! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Introducing...... The Blood Brothers
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Nice!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote
    Introducing...... The Blood Brothers

One of the most entertaining dialogues we had for while now! Gentlemen you both rock! punk
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SECURITY - Peter Gabriel

Excellent album of World/Experimental Rock from the early 80's ( 82? )

Note to HANS ZIMMER & BRIAN TYLER, now THIS IS DRUMMING, if you can't be arsed to listen to this whole track check it out from about 3.45 for some awesomeness!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Atham wrote

It's like watching the Chuckle Brothers in their prime.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    Atham wrote

It's like watching the Chuckle Brothers in their prime.

...to you

(I don't think many here will get that)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : SECURITY - Peter Gabriel

Excellent album of World/Experimental Rock from the early 80's ( 82? )

Note to HANS ZIMMER & BRIAN TYLER, now THIS IS DRUMMING, if you can't be arsed to listen to this whole track check it out from about 3.45 for some awesomeness!

oops shame

Oh well, I did mention Zimmer and Tyler and that track Rhythm of The Heat was used in TV show MIAMI VICE so I can "sort of" vindicate it wink
  2. Timmer wrote
    I expected A Possitive statement from you Martijn.

A B- for that one Tim.

(B negative that is.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited
    O well.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. What the hell are you boys talking about? confused

However,
    NP: Eragon (2006) - Patrick Doyle

I need my mood lifted a bit and this feel-good orchestral romb is serving that purpose just fine.

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote

What the hell are you boys talking about? confused

Just sinking our teeth into a meaty subject. We always go for the jugular.
  4. ^ biggrin

NP: How to Train your Dragon (2010) - John Powell

Did you know that this film is NOT about shipping a dragon via railroad?

Ah, well, this is a perfect follow up for Eragon.

Volker
  5. Playing some mighty fine music today, Cap! cool
  6. NP: The Silence of the Lambs - Howard Shore

I always find this such a powerful album. I would probably choose this one over any of his Middle Earth scores.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: The Silence of the Lambs - Howard Shore

I always find this such a powerful album. I would probably choose this one over any of his Middle Earth scores.

I wouldn't. But I do agree that it's a fantastic score, and as a score to film I'd argue that it was more deserving of an Oscar win.
  7. It's a great piece of music to film. And there's been a lot of care to edit together the music on album as a good listening experience: "Lecter Escapes" I think is an editing together of music from at least 3 different parts of the film. Assuming that the cue wasn't composed as heard on the CD and was edited and tracked into different areas of the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Grand Piano - Victor Reyes

Oh my goodness! shocked Top 5 of the year for sure! Exceptional!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    While I often like scores that Erik hates, its very rare that I don't enjoy a score that Erik likes, so I'll be checking this one out for sure, thanks smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ENDER'S GAME - Steve Jablonsky

8. Timmer wrote

I thought as much.
  9. NP: Moby Dick (1956 / 1998) - Phillip Sainton
    Performed by the Moscow Symphonics

Probably my favourite "maritime" score that was not composed by Korngold.

Volker
  10. NP: The Color Purple (1985) - Quincy Jones

A legion of people worked on this score & the Main Theme is a rip-off from George Delerue.
    I keep wondering how a score by John Williams would have turned out.
    However, in the end, this is an enjoyable listening experiance if not a truely great score.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Moby Dick (1956 / 1998) - Phillip Sainton
    Performed by the Moscow Symphonics

Probably my favourite "maritime" score that was not composed by Korngold.

Volker

A classy choice! A brilliant score beer

Have you heard Christopher Gordon's MOBY DICK? If not, I seriously recommend you seek it out Captain, it's a fantastic score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

I thought as much.

biggrin

You know, it wasn't that bad really. It's pretty and oh-so-familiar but it wouldn't bother me if I never heard it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Commandos Strike Force - Mateo Pascual

I love this one ! A rousing & heroic game score !
    The music is performed by the Bratislava Symphony and City Choir of Bratislava , which gives the score a more cinematic feel . No electronics here ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  11. Eric wrote
    NP : Commandos Strike Force - Mateo Pascual

I love this one ! A rousing & heroic game score !
    The music is performed by the Bratislava Symphony and City Choir of Bratislava , which gives the score a more cinematic feel . No electronics here ... wink

is this an old game? I remember the first Commandos, but I assume this is a sequel?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  12. NP: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) - Howard Shore

I play the playlist "Erik's Edit". All tracks are taken from the expanded edition with the exception of "Roast Mutton", that I took from the standard edition. Yes, I own both editions. Can you heare WaterTower's mad laughing? Damn you to Mordor!

Volker
  13. Erik's edit of The Hobbit is a very solid condensed version of the score, with one exception: take out that unnecessary song and replace it with "Brass Buttons," which is f*cking awesome. punk
  14. As I said, the "brassy" version of "Roast Mutton" from the standard edition is already there. Also I happen to like that song.