• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It's cool, but it does make me wonder whether Rosenman's Robocop choir ever sounded cool. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. THOR: ANOTHER SUBTITLE USING THE WORD DARK - Brian Tyler

This is interminable loudness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2013
    christopher wrote
    THOR: ANOTHER SUBTITLE USING THE WORD DARK - Brian Tyler

Don't blame me for my namesake's music. I would have scored it with celesta and a soft pillow.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    It's cool, but it does make me wonder whether Rosenman's Robocop choir ever sounded cool. wink

It never did.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    It's cool, but it does make me wonder whether Rosenman's Robocop choir ever sounded cool. wink

It never did.

-Erik-

I must replay Robo 2 again. Every score deserves a 2nd or 3rd chance. and years ( or even decades ) of space in-between hearings can make a reappraisal fairer....perhaps???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I think the Robocop 2 overture is rather good. While I would have preferred a bigger, more masculine sounding choir, the one it has doesn't ruin it for me. I don't mind that they sing the word "rooobocoooop", considering that the movie has a plot as ridiculous as a half-man, half robot super hero, fighting crime while delivering silly one-liners.

Peter smile
  3. Well, it's about as ridiculous as the last human traveling around on a giant space ship with a hologram, a robot, and a being that has evolved from a cat.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Pretty much.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    christopher wrote
    THOR: ANOTHER SUBTITLE USING THE WORD DARK - Brian Tyler

Don't blame me for my namesake's music. I would have scored it with celesta and a soft pillow.

applause
    That mental image amuses me no end! biggrin

franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Remember Me (Derriere)

uhm
    Certainly you realise name jokes are the lowest form of comedy, young master McLemon?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2013 edited
    NP: Free Birds - Dominic Lewis

I got this score after listening to the interview that Kaya Savas did for his Film Music Media site. The best compliment I can give this score is that it doesn't remind me of John Powell's work (for much of the running time). That said, I'm still trying to remember significant details from the score, which seems to reveal itself as an anonymous orchestral work for an computer animated film. There are some good moments in the latter 3rd of the album, with good buildups and all, but it's missing a special something to tie it all together. Alas, it's still the first listen, and after watching the movie, I might end up hearing something really good that lies within.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : NIXON - John Williams

IMO far and away the best of his "Presidential" scores. This is nothing short of brilliant.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. lp wrote
    NP: Free Birds - Dominic Lewis

I got this score after listening to the interview that Kaya Savas did for his Film Music Media site. The best compliment I can give this score is that it doesn't remind me of John Powell's work (for much of the running time). That said, I'm still trying to remember significant details from the score, which seems to reveal itself as an anonymous orchestral work for an computer animated film. But alas, it's still the first listen, and after watching the movie, I might end up hearing something really good that lies within.

I didn't really enjoy listening to this one. Far too frenetic and chaotic for my liking.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Leap Year - Randy Edelman

A charming and lovely score by Mr. Edelman .
    Some tracks even give me goosebumps ... smile
    If you're a hopeless romantic guy like me make shure you give this one a listen ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Eric wrote
    NP : Leap Year - Randy Edelman

A charming and lovely score by Mr. Edelman .
    Some tracks even give me goosebumps ... smile
    If you're a hopeless romantic guy like me make shure you give this one a listen ... wink

The mighty 'Cross bow'! I love this track! I'm such a romantic. love

Peter wink
  5. NP:
    1984 - For the Love of Big Brother - Eurythmics
    Nineteen Eighty-Four - The Music of Oceania - Dominic Muldowney

I prefer the version of the film that has the music by Muldowny and has the picture less darkened. (US DVD) Still, the Eurythmics album is great, too. The film is underrated.
    As to Muldowney's score: The Oceania hymn is great, the rest of the sore is adequate but nothing special. My favourite dystopia score remains Fahrenheit 451 by Bernard Herrmann.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  6. Martijn wrote

franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Remember Me (Derriere)

uhm
    Certainly you realise name jokes are the lowest form of comedy, young master McLemon?

Oh dear! wink Oops. French names always bring out unfortunate typos like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

IMO far and away the best of his "Presidential" scores. This is nothing short of brilliant.

Mmm... I think it's great but I do love JFK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    I think the Robocop 2 overture is rather good. While I would have preferred a bigger, more masculine sounding choir, the one it has doesn't ruin it for me. I don't mind that they sing the word "rooobocoooop", considering that the movie has a plot as ridiculous as a half-man, half robot super hero, fighting crime while delivering silly one-liners.

Peter smile

To be honest, Rosenman's chorus is far from one of the sillier things about Rocobop 2.
  7. Timmer wrote

I'm with you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Mmm... I think it's great but I do love JFK.

JFK has a better theme, but Nixon does make for a better album.

I've also come to appreciate Lincoln too. Lovely score by a master at work.

John Williams iz teh awesomes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm with you.

Sorry guys. Mr Conrad wins! beer wink

JFK is an excellent score. Lincoln I need to give another listen to.
  8. NP: Magnificent Obsession - Frank Skinner

It always makes me smile - and annoys me - when I see that last.fm shows a photo of the UK comedian of the same name rather a photo of the ACTUAL composer.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013 edited
    NP: Starman - Jack Nitzsche

There's some quite abrasive synths throughout this score but the thematic material and the breathtaking "Starman Leaves/End Title" more than makes up for that.

And the CoPP/Nic Raine version of the end titles on the album "Alien Invasion: Space and Beyond II" is a great version.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Starman-End-Tit … ds=starman
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013
    NP: WARRIOR (Mark Isham)

Regardless of the zimmerisms, there's some pretty nice textures going on here. Love the Beethoven arrangements.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. NP: Padre Pio: Tra Cielo e Terra - Ennio Morricone

A beautiful Morricone score. "La Sofferenza" is stunning.
  10. NP: Forbidden Planet - Louis & Bebe Barron

I have this more for the place this score has in film music history than for how good a listen the music/effects is.

It is interesting to listen to this and browse through James Wierzbicki's book which is part of the Scarecrow Film Score Guides.
  11. FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Starman - Jack Nitzsche

There's some quite abrasive synths throughout this score but the thematic material and the breathtaking "Starman Leaves/End Title" more than makes up for that.

And the CoPP/Nic Raine version of the end titles on the album "Alien Invasion: Space and Beyond II" is a great version.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Starman-End-Tit … ds=starman

FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Forbidden Planet - Louis & Bebe Barron

I have this more for the place this score has in film music history than for how good a listen the music/effects is.

It is interesting to listen to this and browse through James Wierzbicki's book which is part of the Scarecrow Film Score Guides.

Agreed in all points.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  12. Thor wrote
    NP: WARRIOR (Mark Isham)

Regardless of the zimmerisms, there's some pretty nice textures going on here. Love the Beethoven arrangements.

Yeah, it's pretty rare to hear something that's a third Isham, a third Zimmer and a third Beethoven. But I actually quite like the opening cue of this score (it's been a while since I've listened to the rest).
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013
    NP: Days Of Thunder - Hans Zimmer

This (original) version of the RUSH score is so much more interesting than the current incarnation. I love hearing a cleaner, mastered version of the score. The liner notes isn't anything new for me, since I'm a big fan of the movie, and the breakdown of the score's themes is typical, but enlightening in a way, since I've never put much thought how this score function (which is a surprising revelation, in a way). I love the inclusion of the, much sought after, Final Race cue, which really demonstrated, for me, some of the work that John Van Tongeren had done for the score. However, I must say that I hated all of the decision to group together score cues. Each of the those cues had their own dynamic flow and merging them together didn't work at all. But overall, I really appreciate that this score is finally available. Here's hoping that the next Zimmer releases will include Bird on a Wire.

BTW, I think that my album cover/insert was cut incorrectly. I hope I'm alone on this,
  13. Actually, the final race cue is Mark Mancina's.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website