• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I'd have preferred a swap, Dark Knight would have been better if it had a good score.

It did have a good score. An excellent score actually!

-Erik-

No it didn't.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" wink

yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I'd have preferred a swap, Dark Knight would have been better if it had a good score.

It did have a good score. An excellent score actually!

-Erik-

No it didn't.

Sorry you feel that way.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    Today I'm listening to Horner's Amazing Spiderman and I'm wondering if at least the theme will be continued in part 2. I enjoy this score very very much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Bregje wrote
    Today I'm listening to Horner's Amazing Spiderman and I'm wondering if at least the theme will be continued in part 2. I enjoy this score very very much.

Well, I can easily imagine in my head a Zimmerized version of that theme...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too freezing
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DARK KNIGHT THEME SONG

a MASSIVE improvement biggrin
  1. Classic Brit Award for Hans Zimmer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23683969

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  2. Synchrotones wrote
    Classic Brit Award for Hans Zimmer...

<s>

The Classic Brit Awards is one of the worst (or best) examples of an industry self-congratulatory, back-slapping events there is. I get the impression that these awards are not regarded too highly within "classical" circles: it is all about self-promotion. And choosing Zimmer will certainly generate a lot of column inches.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Synchrotones wrote
    Classic Brit Award for Hans Zimmer...

<s>

The Classic Brit Awards is one of the worst (or best) examples of an industry self-congratulatory, back-slapping events there is. I get the impression that these awards are not regarded too highly within "classical" circles: it is all about self-promotion. And choosing Zimmer will certainly generate a lot of column inches.

I'm sure these things have classical purists spitting blood. biggrin

Zimmer now joins the likes of John Williams, John Barry and Andrew Lloyd Webber as former recipients of that award.
  3. Synchrotones reviews The Lone Ranger

...and I'm not as generous as others have been.

http://synchrotones.wordpress.com/

PT.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  4. My review of RUSH for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/09/10/rush-hans-zimmer/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2013
    Damn, I'm really curious about RUSH.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

I liked it Thor. Can you not listen to it on Spotify?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just one thing about Jon's review that pointed out something to me is that Zimmer has been Ron Howard's composer since 2006. I really hope he dumps Zimmer for his next project, IN THE HEART OF THE SEA and gives it to his other long time collaborator James Horner.

Or even ( and get this )..... Lee Holdridge. Imagine that! Unfortunately that's nearly as likely as Herman Melville writing the screenplay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes please (to both Holdridge or Horner).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Yes please (to both Holdridge or Horner).

The film is based on the true ( and horrific ) story that influenced MOBY DICK, there aren't many composers who do 'the sea' as well as Horner.

As for Holdridge? Hey, he was great for 5 seconds while Ron Howard was cutting his teeth on becoming a director. I know there must be other pressures involved but imagine how cool that would be to have Holdridge's name on a bonafide A-list big budget film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

I liked it Thor. Can you not listen to it on Spotify?

Yeah, probably. I keep forgetting Spotify (something about the commercial interuptions that prevent me from going there more often).
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I haven't found it on spotify, but maybe it's not available in the u.s. yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hmmm...had a listen to RUSH on Spotify. Not very impressed. DAYS OF THUNDER it's definitely not, although some of the latter's more percussive tracks may resemble a bit.

MAN OF STEEL remains my favourite Zimmer this year, followed by THE LONE RANGER.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I would very much like to hear Zimmer do a "sea" score...especially considering how brilliant his music was for the only one of the Pirates films that tried for a more traditional sea-epic feel.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Scribe wrote
    I would very much like to hear Zimmer do a "sea" score...especially considering how brilliant his music was for the only one of the Pirates films that tried for a more traditional sea-epic feel.

CRIMSON TIDE?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. A couple of reviews, including Rush

- Black Hawk Down
    - Driving Miss Daisy
    - Radio Flyer
    - Rush
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote

[Driving Miss Daisy]
    ... so too we have that undeniable catchy main theme driving around the entire score ...

cheesy hi hi

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

CRIMSON TIDE?

That and Pirates?

I'll raise you COCOON and THE PERFECT STORM which kills both Zimmer efforts stone dead.
  8. Actually he meant Pirates 3 biggrin .

Hans wrote a more traditional swashbuckler with Muppet Treasure Island though. Probably due to the film's title and, well, character, that score is a bit overlooked, though far from perfect.

Also, Ron Howard has a somehow more traditional approach to film music, so if he gets Hans, it will be an orchestral score, at worst more like Da Vinci Code.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh, next time I'll make sure I'll write out the full title PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3: AT WORLDS END just so nobody is in any doubt whatsoever about what I meant.

Better!?
  9. The number would be useful wink We all know parts one and two (I won't mention four, if I may) are as close to anything sea-related as Warsaw is to Honolulu...

Anyway, could you expand a bit on the original story? I'm curious.

Oh, I didn't get the comment Thor made... No, Crimson Tide isn't a traditional sea-epic score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The number would be useful wink We all know parts one and two (I won't mention four, if I may) are as close to anything sea-related as Warsaw is to Honolulu...

Anyway, could you expand a bit on the original story? I'm curious.

Oh, I didn't get the comment Thor made... No, Crimson Tide isn't a traditional sea-epic score.

Maybe not a swashbuckler, no, but it's got plenty of 'sea'-isms nonetheless, including -- of course -- the seafaring hymn "Eternal Father, Strong to Save".

I forgot all about the Muppet film! That's gotta be it right there. I haven't heard that one yet myself, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    THE PERFECT STORM which kills both Zimmer efforts stone dead.

One could even say... it blows them out of the water.

Nailed it.