• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2014
    Southall wrote
    I've put off watching it for a while, given the reaction. It looks absolutely gorgeous, as one would expect, but Franz's point is at the heart of my feeling, really. Does it matter enough to spend that much time on it? (The musical choices didn't seem nearly as striking as in any of his other films, either.)

Well, i'll give you that, it doesn't seem to have the weight of his previous film; the fact that he's now putting a film out each year might also responsible for this too?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I tried to watch THE LION IN WINTER just now, but had to turn it off after about 50 minutes. What an insanely boring film!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    face-palm-mt
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    If I want royal intrigue from a middle ages-type period, I'll watch GAME OF THRONES instead. This was just a stilted, theatrical affair with all kinds of non-sensical complex plot points and intrigue thrown into -- and ONLY into -- the dialogue itself. I usually hate that in films, especially if there aren't any interesting audiovisual things to latch on to. Nah, this was not for me. But I enjoy the soundtrack -- especially the choral bits.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2014 edited
    I'd stick to Spielberg's LINCOLN if I were you. tongue

p.s. Game of Thrones is fantasy, not exactly a good comparison.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Fortunately, that film DID have some interesting audiovisual things going on in addition to the information-heavy dialogue (which was my least favourite part of the film).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Fortunately, that film DID have some interesting audiovisual things going on in addition to the information-heavy dialogue (which was my least favourite part of the film).

Does that mean you don't like theatre at all?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Not at all. That's a different artform all together.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Not at all. That's a different artform all together.

I see. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    And Thor is a different type of human being all together.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I hope so! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I just saw LIFEFORCE for the first time in my life. I saw the original cut with Mancini's score restored. I liked the score as a listening experiance, I loved it in context.

What a gorgeously pulpy scifi-vampire-exorcism-zombi genre mix this film is. How anyone could be persuaded to participate in making this film based on reading the script is beyond me. Probably they were all forced with money.
    Patrick Stewart with hair!
    Also I loved the costume decisions they made for Mathilda May. wink

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2014
    Mathilda May lick love

Was Mancini's score restored? I don't remember that, it always had Mancini's score as far as I remember with additions from Michael Kamen.

Flawed but great fun film IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. When post production panic took over the suits took the film out of Hooper's hands. Since Mancini wouldn't score the re-cut Kamen was brought in and some of Mancini's score got replaced. (97 min pal)
    Today there is a version of the film available (111 min pal / 116 secam) that features the cut as original intended, Kamen's additions are gone, the full of Mancini's score is restored.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I see. Thanks for the info.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm ( half ) watching THE TOWERING INFERNO on Film 4. Massive all-star cast plus murderer OJ Simpson who seemed to be in every Hollywood movie in the mid to late 70's.

Man but this is AWFUL, terrible film and yet I'd say it's good awful, I'm sort of enjoying it.

John Williams main titles theme kicks serious ass.
  5. It's a typical 70s desaster movie. I think with a chilled beer in reach it's quite watchable.

I got excerpts of the score as re-recorded by VS. Great music!

Volker
  6. Believe it or not, I never really watched "MacGyver" before. I saw a few episodes, but that was it. I've started from the pilot and I am working my way in.

So far the Randy Edelman score has been kidn of cheap with not too many highlights, but the score over all for the episode "The Heist", was much better with some nice small orchestral stuff (including that brief James Bond parody piece).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014
    Never seen MACGYVER?!? Wow.

I don't think there's a single Norwegian who has never seen an episode of MACGYVER. He is a huge cultural icon over here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2014
    Thor 2: The Sequel

Stuff happened so that a thing could happen so that another thing could happen so that stuff could happen which also gave Natalie Portman a weak excuse to do things and be there. I honestly wasn't following the details as you may have gathered, but the story did what it needed to for the most part, and I found this to be a rather fun addition to the Marvel film canon with a good balance between emotion, excitement and tongue-in-cheek humour.

Much like the first film, Natalie Portman's character is completely pointless, and the love story feels like an after thought at best. But the relationship between Thor and Loki makes up for this, and continues in the same bickering, brotherly love/hate fashion as the previous two films. It's probably the most interesting aspect of these Thor films.

Tyler's score was a lot better in the film than it is on album. I was less bothered by the Four Chords in the film than I was on the album, but I suppose much of the sound effects drown out the music. It did what it needed to do.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Never seen MACGYVER?!? Wow.

I don't think there's a single Norwegian who has never seen an episode of MACGYVER. He is a huge cultural icon over here.

I've seen one episode. It had Brian Blessed in it. I think that's why I watched it.
  7. I haven't seen any episodes of MacGyver.

But I did see a MacGyver-themed Mythbusters. Does that count?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mythbusters? What's that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sometimes American phenomena get more popular in Norway than the country of origin. Macgyver is such an example. The comic book The phantom is another.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2014 edited
    There'll be a number of people here who'll want to see this and I'm one of them.

http://io9.com/the-insane-glory-of-jodo … s=og.likes

Bring it on!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Casting Salvador Dali as the Emperor Of The Galaxy?

This movie HAS happened in some part of the multiverse. That strand has went off into a glorious golden age for mankind with bounty and peace for all in a Universe of wonder.

We on the other hand got stuck in the grey desperate little strand where this movie didn't happen.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very well said sir sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    What's Macgyver?

Oh my. Whatever will Patty and Selma say?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    What's Macgyver?

Oh my. Whatever will Patty and Selma say?

MacGyver. MacGyver. MACGYVER.