• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    I love History lessons ( well, except for the incredibly dull Lincoln ), what's the show called?

it's called In Vlaamse Velden
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014
    Southall wrote
    I am sitting open-mouthed after the conclusion to the second season of The Bridge. Incredible show.

You watch way too much Danish television. wink

But I guess that with my current Sherlock and Doctor Who obsessions, balance is restored to the Universe.

Peter smile
  2. Thor wrote
    I never got around to that series, mostly because I don't really like crime shows and films.

Interesting. That does explain why we like very different films. The detective and crime genres are two of my favourites.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I love History lessons ( well, except for the incredibly dull Lincoln ), what's the show called?

it's called In Vlaamse Velden

Yup. In Flanders Fields.

Well, then you'll love it, especially since it focuses on the Belgian history a lot, including some highly sensitive issues. For example how Germany launched a charm offensive to make the University of Gent Dutch, which back then lessons were still in French even though Gent is a very Flemish city. It brings up the eternal divide of our country. So the series shows lots of perspectives and is certainly not black and white. I like it for that, and also the sets and locations for some of the scenery. But as a story it isn't very engaging.
    Kazoo
  3. Yes, we can be exeedingly charming. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor wrote
    I never got around to that series, mostly because I don't really like crime shows and films.

Interesting. That does explain why we like very different films. The detective and crime genres are two of my favourites.

There you go! The source of our different tastes come together like pieces of a puzzle.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Southall wrote
    I am sitting open-mouthed after the conclusion to the second season of The Bridge. Incredible show.

It was a terrific series. Only now can I talk about it openly.

And anyone else find Saga Norén particularly attractive? shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014
    I thought I would give The Pacific another go. Surely it isn't really as dull as I remembered. But it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The Pacific.... sleep

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Watch Pacific Rim instead! punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Like the first time I watched it, all it makes me want to do is watch Band of Brothers, which I haven't done for a few years now. This time I hope it's as good as I remember.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I finally saw Rush on which I was an extra but sadly didn't spot myself. Some frame by frame analysis is required in a couple of areas just to clarify.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    I thought I would give The Pacific another go. Surely it isn't really as dull as I remembered. But it is.

Poor effort to sound like Michael Kamen's gorgeous BAND OF BROTHERS.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Watch Pacific Rim instead! punk punk punk

Haven't seen it yet, good?
  6. It's big, silly and fun, never tries to be more, doesn't need to be. Most unpretentiously enjoyable blockbuster experience I've had in a good long while. It's basically what the Transformers movies should have been.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thanks, i will watch it soon! (Transformers movies were ridiculous btw, but i loved the first 2 scores smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    It's big, silly and fun, never tries to be more, doesn't need to be. Most unpretentiously enjoyable blockbuster experience I've had in a good long while. It's basically what the Transformers movies should have been.

Actually, it does. The pointless backstory of the annoying asian woman and the military general guy tried to inject some drama and emotion into the story, but fails spectacularly. It's a terrible film which could have been far better had they just settled on the right tone (that it's monsters and big robots punching the shit out of each other and nothing more).

You've been warned, D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Damn good score though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

I didn't think it was dull at all ( Spielberg's Lincoln felt longer than this entire series ) and I'd like to watch it again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Damn good score though.

Djawadi's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is there another? uhm
  7. Demetris wrote

Djawadi's?

Aren't those like, small furry Star Wars aliens?

wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2014
  8. Ha! Well put.
  9. This Malick film (the only one I haven't seen yet) seems to alienate his biggest fans even...

I loved The New World, a nice philosophical extension of a "subtheme" of The Thin Red Line.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a very nice film imo.
  10. To the wonder suffers a bit from the lack of subject matter significance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2014 edited
    I think it makes very nice points on that specific kind of man, that a lot of women and families suffer from (or should i say suffer from the entire absence of him from their lives). His point in this film is very straight forward and simple, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've put off watching it for a while, given the reaction. It looks absolutely gorgeous, as one would expect, but Franz's point is at the heart of my feeling, really. Does it matter enough to spend that much time on it? (The musical choices didn't seem nearly as striking as in any of his other films, either.)