• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    HARRY GREGSON WILLIAMS - The Equalizer.

Standard return to Tony Scott-like grounds for HGW. The piano and violin + strings bed main theme is dramatic and attractive as always, enjoy it in full in "alone", "mccall's decision", "on a mission", "a quiet voice", "the equalizer" the rest is heavy electric guitar on distortion-driven tracks + electronica.

"Avoid at all costs"

Got it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

Standard return to Tony Scott-like grounds for HGW. The piano and violin + strings bed main theme is dramatic and attractive as always, enjoy it in full in "alone", "mccall's decision", "on a mission", "a quiet voice", "the equalizer" the rest is heavy electric guitar on distortion-driven tracks + electronica.

Does it contain the Theme tune? cheesy

Thank God, no.

biggrin

I always quite liked that theme to be honest.

It's a good ost if i decide to perform hara-kiri on myself.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO - Barry Gray

Marvellous!

The Zero-X theme is one of the most uplifting themes ever IMO.

Is this the new La-La Land's release that's paired with Thunderbird 6?

Yes! cool

Markedly different from the commercially released re-recorded score released by Silva Screen some years ago.

Hope that this gets a digital release some way down the line.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

"Avoid at all costs"

Got it.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Rear Window - David Shire

Sheer class.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He is!

Why hasn't David Shire scored more films? Did he make too much money out of Saturday Night Fever?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. NP: The New World (2006) - James Horner

IMHO one of his best scores. There are elements of serial music here that are mesmerizing. Great orchestration too.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The New World (2006) - James Horner

IMHO one of his best scores. There are elements of serial music here that are mesmerizing. Great orchestration too.

Volker

It works very well as a relaxing chill out album. Very enjoyable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It does, for the most part... I want to shoot every last one of those bloody chirping birds.
  3. Easy now. There are bird-lovers on the loose in these quarters! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNuOzLKWSNo

Listen and relax ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Don't get me wrong, listening to birds trying to get laid is one of nature's gifts to the world-- but I don't want to hear it on a bloody score album!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Don't get me wrong, listening to birds trying to get laid is one of nature's gifts to the world-- but I don't want to hear it on a bloody score album!

I don't mind it, it's quite pleasant. It's been done as long back as Resphigi's The Fountains/Pines of Rome ( an awesome work. Ever heard it? )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not that I'm aware of, but I'm giving this a listen on YouTube right now. beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ohhhh, good man yourself! punk beer

The last 6 minutes or so always sends my spine into a chills meltdown.
  4. Pines of Rome is one of the few non-film music works I listen to regularly. Excellent stuff. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Field of the Lost Shoes - Frederik Wiedmann

Nice, if generic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Pines of Rome is one of the few non-film music works I listen to regularly. Excellent stuff. punk

Considering some threads on various forums over the years it's been a favourite classical work amongst quite a number of film score fans and has a very film music like quality to it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote

I watched and listened to this one. Not bad at all considering how young the orchestra is. I have three different versions of the work but can't recommend any of them, great as they are. ( ( because they're all in storage and I can't remember which conductors/orchestras rolleyes )

What did you think of it?
  5. Captain Future wrote

Volker

Serial music?

You mean like, dodecaphonic? Had never thought of that score in that way.

NP: Micmacs (Raphael Beau)

Intricate fun.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Pines of Rome is one of the few non-film music works I listen to regularly. Excellent stuff. punk

Considering some threads on various forums over the years it's been a favourite classical work amongst quite a number of film score fans and has a very film music like quality to it.

Most of the "classical" (well...late-romantic) I like to listen to tends to be the most film-music-like of stuff, to the point that it's often a huge influence on actual film music: Holst, Orff, Respighi, Stravinsky (well...sometimes, I don't find him as easy to listen to as the other three).

And yeah, I'm well aware that I need to expand my horizons. shame (but how can I do that when I still have so many holes in my film music collection??)
  7. franz_conrad wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Volker

Serial music?

You mean like, dodecaphonic? Had never thought of that score in that way.

NP: Micmacs (Raphael Beau)

Intricate fun.

No. I chose the wrong term obviously. Minimal music probably is what I mean, you know, like Nyman or Morricone. Simple chord progressions and rhythmic patterns that get repeated over some time. It was in orchestral music before the sequencer made it a staple of electronic music.
    I need to read some easy introduction to musicology. wink

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote

Volker

Great score for a troubled movie, and very rough editing (music-wise).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

Nice, if generic.

Yes but it's nice for a chance, to listen to a properly composed and arranged orchestral score, with coherence, central themes that drive the whole around instead of random wallpaper music we often get for this kind of films these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote
    Southall wrote

Nice, if generic.

Yes but it's nice for a chance, to listen to a properly composed and arranged orchestral score, with coherence, central themes that drive the whole around instead of random wallpaper music we often get for this kind of films these days.

Do you think it's all orchestral? Some of the brass sounded a bit sampled to me, but I wasn't listening that closely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I watched and listened to this one. Not bad at all considering how young the orchestra is. I have three different versions of the work but can't recommend any of them, great as they are. ( ( because they're all in storage and I can't remember which conductors/orchestras rolleyes )

I...don't think I was in the mood for it. I could tell that it was excellent, I just didn't feel it.

I seem to be in the mood for much harsher, louder music recently.

On that note...

Reign Of Fire Ed Shearmur

This is what I'm talkin' 'bout.
  8. Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I seem to be in the mood for much harsher, louder music recently.

Time for Metallica then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Those girls? More like In Flames.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Her Alibi - Georges Delerue

It's quite charming and inoffensive, but the material seems somewhat stretched across the 40-odd minutes (even ignoring the plethora of bonus tracks).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: Robotech: Invasion - Jesper Kyd
    Dark, moody, electronic, and relentlessly oppressive.
    Perfect music for a Saturday evening.
    (What? I'm in that kind of mood!)

Great stuff. Kyd really knows what he's doing, and his strongly techno-influenced and always always pretty moodily edgy scores (with some strong grounding in 90s electronic music) make for terrific listening. He may be the game composer I listen to most often.
    Aside from Michael Land, of course.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    NP: Robotech: Invasion - Jesper Kyd
    Dark, moody, electronic, and relentlessly oppressive.
    Perfect music for a Saturday evening.
    (What? I'm in that kind of mood!)

Fuck you, asshole!

(Yeah, me too.)