• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. What an upset by Costa Rica! Uruguay is going to have a really tough time of it now against Italy and England.
  2. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    What an upset by Costa Rica! Uruguay is going to have a really tough time of it now against Italy and England.

England or Urugay possibly out, Spain that will have to win against Chile or its over, it could be over real soon for some big teams.

Let's hope our own Belgium isn't with them, tomorrow the first game against Algeria!
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Stavroula wrote
    Yeap,it didn't but who cares? I had a wonderful time watching the game with my dad and my brother while I was playing with my baby nephew so no big deal! We have two more games, you never know!

They became world champion so many years ago. Everything's possible smile
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    England or Urugay possibly out, Spain that will have to win against Chile or its over, it could be over real soon for some big teams.

Let's hope our own Belgium isn't with them, tomorrow the first game against Algeria!

England played very well though (playing badly and winning seems to be an Italian football specialty). I'd never heard of Raheem Sterling but he had an excellent match, very talented young player. If they can keep up that form while becoming more effective with their opportunities they shouldn't have too much trouble.

Germany today. punk

And the US. freezing
  5. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

England played very well though (playing badly and winning seems to be an Italian football specialty). I'd never heard of Raheem Sterling but he had an excellent match, very talented young player. If they can keep up that form while becoming more effective with their opportunities they shouldn't have too much trouble.

Germany today. punk

And the US. freezing

I haven't watched the game, but I read that they have a very talented but young squad. If they can keep these guys together, I'm sure England (like Belgium now) will become quite successful in time.

After all, the players of Belgium are pretty much the same for 4 to 6 years, they just got the necessary experience we needed.
  6. GERMANY !!!

4:0. Nice game.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. Besser gesagt, SCHLAAAAANNNDD! punk punk punk
  8. ^ Ich hasse diesen Ausdruck! Haben keinen Respekt vorm Vaterland, die besoffenen Proleten, die! angry

Aber dir sei's vergeben.

wink Volker
  9. biggrin

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of it either, but in certain situations... wink
  10. Well done Germany. You almost scored as many goals as The Netherlands. biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  11. Yeah, and we recieved none. biggrin
  12. And the USA too! Good day for me. cool
  13. Well done Belgium!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  14. Synchrotones wrote
    Well done Belgium!

well, naturally the result is perfect. We won and the other teams lost points, but our first half was absolutely miserable. Luckily the second was at least good enough to win it deservedly. The Algerians played really defensively, but they also have a strong physical team, which resulted in a lackluster performance of us in the first half. However we won through our subs and it shows we will be able to use them if need be.

Let's hope the pressure that definitely paralyzed us has now been shaken off so that we can play much more relaxed in the following games.

Go Belgium.

Ps, the Brazil / Mexico game was really entertaining. Sadly no goals (0-0)
  15. And Mexico deserved to actually win that one!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  16. Phew... only just managed to scrape through that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014 edited
    In both matches, the Netherlands has had one disastrous half, and a better second half. I hope for your sake that they're able to stabilize before the play-offs. Australia was actually in control during most of the match (at least 3/4 in), which was a big surprise.
    I am extremely serious.
  17. Brilliant stuff!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014
    One of the most entertaining matches so far (Aus vs Ned). Cahill's goal was sensational.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    World champions Spain seems to exit the competition early after 0-2 for Chile at half time. What the fudge is happening to them?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Chile are playing so well. Can't believe Spain might go out on the seventh day of the tournament.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    But the game itself is all over the place. All intensity and no actual gameplay. Must have been a world record in throw-ins.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It is - presumably exactly what Chile want, stopping Spain doing their usual passing.
  18. Come on Chile! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yikes, what a sensation. Spain is OUT!

I have to give Chile kudos for their bottomless energy and intensity throughout the match, but personally this is the kind of match I HATE to watch -- all intensity and hardly any gameplay.

Oh, well.
    I am extremely serious.
  19. Excellent pair of games today - this is what the World Cup is about for me. smile Never expected Australia to put up that kind of a fight against the Netherlands, but Cahill's goal is surely in the running for the best of the tournament. And the Spain game, though not exactly pretty to look at, was entertaining for no other reason than the sheer incredulity of football's most dominant national side of the last five years being thoroughly and comprehensively tossed out of the cup. I was kind of hoping Spain's streak would end in this cup but I expected them to make at least the quarterfinals!

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if even Australia manages to beat what must be a thoroughly depressed Spanish side in their rather meaningless final game. Unless del Bosque gives some of the reserve players a chance to prove themselves. It's clearly time for a generational shift in Spanish football.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Excellent pair of games today - this is what the World Cup is about for me. smile

Uh-oh....appears we have very different taste in football too, not only film music.

I didn't like any of the matches today. For me, football is more about elegance and creative play -- not all-out war where the ball bounces like a flipper ball all over the place. If I'd wanted that, I would watch rugby or American football instead.
    I am extremely serious.
  20. I thought the 1:0 was a elegant as it gets on the football field.

V.
  21. Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Excellent pair of games today - this is what the World Cup is about for me. smile

Uh-oh....appears we have very different taste in football too, not only film music.

I didn't like any of the matches today. For me, football is more about elegance and creative play -- not all-out war where the ball bounces like a flipper ball all over the place. If I'd wanted that, I would watch rugby or American football instead.

You're insane. That Holland-Australia game was excellent. Seeing such a dominant side (and one that had just beaten the former world champions by four goals) being given a serious run for their money by a complete long shot? That's not even just a little exciting for you? Football is about passion at least as much (if not more) than it is about technique.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2014 edited
    No, for me it is more about creativity, ingenuity, original choices, quick plays and technicall skills. Not too physical. It's not accidental that Zinedine Zidane is my alltime favourite footballer.

Passion is fine and so is intensity, but when it's ALL about that -- like in those two matches (more the latter than the former, granted), it's just one big mess. Incredibly ugly and boring. But by all means -- there is a 'nerve' if that's all you're after.
    I am extremely serious.